GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus bought my GS back...battery issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-14, 08:28 PM
vinodc
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Lexus bought my GS back...battery issue

Hey guys, I just wanted to provide some information to others. I had been suffering from the battery randomly dying on me. It had died at least 3 times, each time I had it towed into the dealership. Every time they replaced it with a different battery.

I loved my Gs, but my car was plagued with problems. If anyone else is suffering same issues with your gs, get it documented, and go from there. I will say in my case, lexus did not in anyway try to make the situation right, until I got my lawyer involved. As my lawyer stated, they had no choice, but they strung this out for months, until I couldn't take it anymore and told my lawyer to send them a letter. My dealership did absolutely nothing for me, i had reached out to them many times, and have been a loyal customer for years(but the service manager was very sympathetic and tried very hard for me when talking to Lexus regional rep. If it wasn't for him, I probably would never do business with my dealership anymore). Amazing, within 3 days of sending letter, my lawyer gets notice of buyback.

I had a 2yr lease, I asked for a buyback and agreed to getting a good portion of my one-pay lease amount back.
Old 06-05-14, 08:32 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by vinodc
Hey guys, I just wanted to provide some information to others. I had been suffering from the battery randomly dying on me. It had died at least 3 times, each time I had it towed into the dealership. Every time they replaced it with a different battery.

I loved my Gs, but my car was plagued with problems. If anyone else is suffering same issues with your gs, get it documented, and go from there. I will say in my case, lexus did not in anyway try to make the situation right, until I got my lawyer involved. As my lawyer stated, they had no choice, but they strung this out for months, until I couldn't take it anymore and told my lawyer to send them a letter. My dealership did absolutely nothing for me, i had reached out to them many times, and have been a loyal customer for years(but the service manager was very sympathetic and tried very hard for me when talking to Lexus regional rep. If it wasn't for him, I probably would never do business with my dealership anymore). Amazing, within 3 days of sending letter, my lawyer gets notice of buyback.

I had a 2yr lease, I asked for a buyback and agreed to getting a good portion of my one-pay lease amount back.

Glad you got what you deserve. Now they can take it back and study it.
Old 06-05-14, 09:32 PM
fsportjay
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

how many miles were on your car? do you think you will go back to lexus, or what other cars are you interested in replacing the lexus with?
Old 06-06-14, 06:50 AM
lazerlazer
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 07' Acura TL type S, that also had a battery draining issue. I replaced the battery a few times myself, but it ended up being linked back to the Hands Free Link HFL with the bluetooth staying on after the car was turned off, it supposed to shut off after like 30 seconds after the ignition was shut off but it was staying on and drainging the battery. The problem was corrected by replacing the HFL/circuit board, located in the dome light. Dealerships couldnt figure it out, and i researched acurazine.com and many people had the same issue and someone found the solution when Acura didnt know anything about it.
Old 06-07-14, 12:11 AM
JayRo354
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is good that everything worked out for you.
Old 06-07-14, 12:16 PM
onexcite
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
Glad you got what you deserve. Now they can take it back and study it.
They won't study it. They will put another battery in and tow it directly to auction. But this time the title will remark as lemon/buy back.