GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS Not Ugly

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-15, 10:46 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

I didn't like it at first either its definitely an acquired taste and takes some getting used to.
Old 01-20-15, 04:15 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I agree that the GS is not at all ugly. A little plain, but in my opinion it is classy from most angles. My only real ***** is the fake exhaust "finishers".
Originally Posted by SW13GS
Yeah that's a design trend I could do without, the exhaust finishers.

I agree!
Old 01-20-15, 09:56 AM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I think the exhaust looks really nice and compliments the rear end of the vehicle very well. Just like the LS.

The sound the engine makes is artificial as well, so i dont get this whole "if its fake its not nice", who cares. Like when a GS passes by people are like "man that cars looks nice, but wait the exhaust is not real, nevermind".
Old 01-20-15, 10:40 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliGS
"man that cars looks nice, but wait the exhaust is not real, nevermind".
LMFAO that is hilarious. I dont mind it either. Speaking of which i think Im the only one in the world that like the aggressively stacked quad exhaust of the F.

MEAHT
Old 01-20-15, 10:42 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

The sound is coming from the intake, it's similar to those with air intake kits with open filter. At least the sound isn't coming from the speakers cause that's just bad.
Old 01-20-15, 11:47 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I love the styling of the 4 GS - I find it's slightly aggressive yet elegant and subtle at the same time... Bold.. yet refined you could say!

I waited and saw the 2016 before just recently deciding to go with the 2015. I actually prefer the lines with the bumper through the spindle grill personally.. think its a bit more classy and seems overall more proportioned with the car as a whole, where as the full spindle definitely leans to the more aggressive side imo. Hence I think the full spindle is more at home on the coupes than the sedan!

People have gone out of their way to compliment my car and ask about it and even tell me they want one after just seeing it, yet no one has ever called my car ugly!! I think the new look of Lexus is definitely a step in the right direction over the more mundane approach of the past.
Old 01-20-15, 02:11 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have not had one single compliment on my car maybe I hang around the wrong areas and people lol Go figure, I live in a truck town so I'm already gay for driving a CAR.

I really like the GS. The rear end is a bit blocky and didn't like it at first but after having my car for over 6 months I've really gotten use to it and don't hate it anymore. I especially love my Cabernet interior and the mirrors that looks futuristic when they fold in from being locked. Love it
Old 01-20-15, 02:14 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sick21
I have not had one single compliment on my car maybe I hang around the wrong areas and people lol Go figure, I live in a truck town so I'm already gay for driving a CAR.

I really like the GS. The rear end is a bit blocky and didn't like it at first but after having my car for over 6 months I've really gotten use to it and don't hate it anymore. I especially love my Cabernet interior and the mirrors that looks futuristic when they fold in from being locked. Love it
I LOVE your car, its AWESOME!!!

Now you have your first official compliment my friend!!
Old 01-20-15, 02:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Urs has been 6 months now huh? That means mine is 6 months too. Damn it'll be 3 years before we know it.
Old 01-20-15, 02:19 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
I LOVE your car, its AWESOME!!! Now you have your first official compliment my friend!!
Woot! Thanks!!
Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Urs has been 6 months now huh? That means mine is 6 months too. Damn it'll be 3 years before we know it.
I got my car August 4th. So I guess that's about 5 1/2 months haha
Old 01-20-15, 02:46 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,105 Likes on 1,500 Posts

Well, I don't live in Farmington, New Mexico where [it is said that] every manly-type male drives a truck (with the exception of you), but let me compliment you on your car. I think your car is amazing!!! Your car is the kind of vehicle that a 'man's man' drives. A car that commands and demands respect. Yes - there is only one man living in Farmington, New Mexico that can handle the manliness that is required to drive such a magnificent vehicle. That be you!!! All the others are left to just drive trucks...

Old 01-20-15, 02:51 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Old 01-20-15, 03:06 PM
GSCT
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont mind it either. Speaking of which i think Im the only one in the world that like the aggressively stacked quad exhaust of the F.

Well, one of two anyway. I think they look great!
Old 01-20-15, 03:53 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MEAHT
LMFAO that is hilarious. I dont mind it either. Speaking of which i think Im the only one in the world that like the aggressively stacked quad exhaust of the F.

MEAHT
Yeah you should definitely get banned for that, you tasteless person you.
Old 01-20-15, 03:57 PM
BlueAc215
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the look of the GS, who wants bland? If I did, I would've brought a TLX.

Quick Reply: GS Not Ugly