Percentage off MSRP for a 2014 GS

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-14, 03:45 PM
darth
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
Buy one in CA, spend $1k to ship it home. Take your BMW to carmax
Another option to consider Do a private sale of your BMW. you will make more. Then consider making a weekend trip to Dallas and buying the Lexus there as an alternative to having it shipped from CA. There are few big dealers in Dallas who can give you a much better price that what the KC dealer is offering
Old 09-04-14, 05:23 PM
faifai83
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by kcdude
Man I am getting discouraged. I contacted an Internet Sales Manager at Lexus dealer in the Kansas city metro area and got the following bid for a 2014 GS F-sport:

Near $60k MSRP, $2,300 discount offered
Trade on my BMW: KBB trade value $47K, their bid was $38K
With taxes and fees, $21K due on my end.

I was figuring about a $52K-$45K deal. But $21K WTF? I responded to the dealership and got no reply. I got the same treatment on my last BMW and just decided to do a european delivery just to avoid the one and only KC BMW dealer. Now getting the same treatment from the lexus shop.

Where are all these great $52k deals?
The $9k delta on the BMW is the redflag here.
Old 09-04-14, 05:27 PM
kcdude
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darth
Another option to consider Do a private sale of your BMW. you will make more. Then consider making a weekend trip to Dallas and buying the Lexus there as an alternative to having it shipped from CA. There are few big dealers in Dallas who can give you a much better price that what the KC dealer is offering
My only problem is that I get a tax offset if I trade versus a private sale. I have sold several cars to Carmax and flew/drove home on others. That is really not a problem. My only other option is to find a private buyer and have the dealer do a in-and-out on the BMW. I had a guy do this when I sold my last M3 and bought a landcruiser. Then again, it was my 7th car purchased from this dealer and they were happy to do it to move the LC. I'm guessing this dealer is not going to work with me on that type of arrangement given the paltry discount offered on the GS. Either way it is a bad deal locally.....$9k on the BMW and only $2300 off the GS.

Last edited by kcdude; 09-04-14 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-05-14, 07:30 AM
darth
Driver School Candidate

My only problem is that I get a tax offset if I trade versus a private sale. I have sold several cars to Carmax and flew/drove home on others. That is really not a problem. My only other option is to find a private buyer and have the dealer do a in-and-out on the BMW. I had a guy do this when I sold my last M3 and bought a landcruiser. Then again, it was my 7th car purchased from this dealer and they were happy to do it to move the LC. I'm guessing this dealer is not going to work with me on that type of arrangement given the paltry discount offered on the GS. Either way it is a bad deal locally.....$9k on the BMW and only $2300 off the GS.
Send me the details on the BMW in a private message and I will send to my dealer contact in Dallas and see what they can offer. They gave my friend a better deal than Carmax for his trade in. You would have to drive the BMW to Dallas though, are you ok with that?

I need the following information on the BMW

VIN#
Model & Make:
Year
Miles:
Options:
Condition:
Tire condition
Exterior color
Interior
Old 09-05-14, 11:37 AM
kcdude
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by darth
Send me the details on the BMW in a private message and I will send to my dealer contact in Dallas and see what they can offer. They gave my friend a better deal than Carmax for his trade in. You would have to drive the BMW to Dallas though, are you ok with that?

I need the following information on the BMW
You have a PM sir. Many thanks for passing this along.
Old 09-05-14, 11:45 AM
darth
Driver School Candidate

You have a PM sir. Many thanks for passing this along.
You're most welcome. I will let you know what they come back with