GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

does anybody know how to program the lexus seat

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-14, 06:27 AM
khizr23
Pit Crew

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default does anybody know how to program the lexus seat

i programmed my lexus seat but when i turn off my car the seat goes back and eveything but the leg support does not and before it use to go bak and when i come in it would come up
Old 08-28-14, 08:09 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

My leg support and the side bolsters don't go back either and I already set it up on the Carista vehicle personalization app (similar to the dealer stuff), but it's still not doing it.
Old 08-28-14, 09:24 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by khizr23
i programmed my lexus seat but when i turn off my car the seat goes back and eveything but the leg support does not and before it use to go bak and when i come in it would come up
So you're saying you programmed it NOT to move, but it still moves? What did you use to program it? Techstream? Or did a dealer do it? Also, some punctuation and proper sentences would help - I can't really understand what you're saying.
Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
My leg support and the side bolsters don't go back either and I already set it up on the Carista vehicle personalization app (similar to the dealer stuff), but it's still not doing it.
Hmm, that's interesting, so the seat moves back and comes forward again, but the leg support and side bolsters don't move, even though they're set to move through Carista? Or are you saying they move outward, but then don't go back to their normal position?
Old 08-28-14, 09:30 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

They don't move at all, I have to move them manually. And yes, they're set to move through Carista.
Old 08-29-14, 03:05 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

They don't move at all, I have to move them manually. And yes, they're set to move through Carista.
Interesting. I'd like to debug this. Could you please email me at support@caristaapp.com ? We'll try to figure out what's going on. Or if the car doesn't support this setting, we should remove it from Carista.
Old 08-29-14, 05:35 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm confused as to why you need Carista to handle the seat settings.
Old 08-29-14, 05:49 AM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My seat is set to move halfway back via the vehicle settings (not Carista, just the built in settings through the menu) - and when I turn off the car - the side bolsters and leg support go back and when I get in the car the and buckle the seatbelt the car moves back to its original position - including side bolsters and leg support.

I did not do any customizations via TechStream or Carista - I have only changed settings via the Navigation menu (to move the seat halfway back instead of all the way back) - Never touched anything else, but there may have been a setting in the menu to move the side bolsters / leg support.
Old 08-29-14, 07:45 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Yes it's a special settings for the side bolster and leg support that isn't available on the head unit.
Old 08-29-14, 07:02 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I have the opposite issue. My seat is set through the car's settings NOT to move back. Only the steering wheel moves out of way. However, occasionally the seat moves back anyway and doesn't move to its original position when I enter the car again. I've never figured this out.
Old 08-29-14, 09:02 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dseag2
I have the opposite issue. My seat is set through the car's settings NOT to move back. Only the steering wheel moves out of way. However, occasionally the seat moves back anyway and doesn't move to its original position when I enter the car again. I've never figured this out.
What.. the..?!

Does ur leg support move at all?

It does remember in the memory seats, but not automatically when turning on/off the car.
Old 08-30-14, 08:14 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

What.. the..?!

Does ur leg support move at all?

It does remember in the memory seats, but not automatically when turning on/off the car.
Yeah, that's exactly what I say when I turn the ignition off and feel the seat moving back. I'm not sure whether the leg support moves because everything is back when I enter the car and I have to push the #1 memory setting. It's annoying, but it doesn't happen often enough that I can take it to the dealer and replicate it.
Old 09-10-14, 09:59 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dseag2
Yeah, that's exactly what I say when I turn the ignition off and feel the seat moving back. I'm not sure whether the leg support moves because everything is back when I enter the car and I have to push the #1 memory setting. It's annoying, but it doesn't happen often enough that I can take it to the dealer and replicate it.
Ok, I've checked your data in Carista and it seems like everything is fine. Carista does what it's supposed to with those settings, but apparently the car is just not respecting them. If you go to the dealer and ask them to enable those, I'm sure they'll tell you they're already enabled (since Carista has enabled them), but they just don't do anything. Actually, if you don't mind, next time you go to your dealer, ask them about that. I'm curious to hear what they'll say.