GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

New Lexus Enform

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-14, 06:57 AM
obadea
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 37 Posts
Default New Lexus Enform

The latest version of the Enform App on Android does not run in the background anymore, like previous versions, which means you have to start the app on the phone every time before you can use it in the car. This is really annoying. We should all call Lexus and complain. I have solved the problem for now by downloading TRIGGER and set-up an event to start the Enform all as soon as the phone connects to the car's blue tooth.
Old 10-04-14, 09:16 AM
jscgs350
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obadea
The latest version of the Enform App on Android does not run in the background anymore, like previous versions, which means you have to start the app on the phone every time before you can use it in the car. This is really annoying. We should all call Lexus and complain. I have solved the problem for now by downloading TRIGGER and set-up an event to start the Enform all as soon as the phone connects to the car's blue tooth.
I don't recall that happening to me, but I'll double check shortly. Got to head out pretty soon, so I'll try starting an Enform app to see what happens.
Old 10-04-14, 04:52 PM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed this same problem today when driving - no music was playing, had to start the Enform app to get it to work. Hopefully it is a bug that they will fix ASAP.
Old 10-06-14, 04:39 PM
jscgs350
Driver

Originally Posted by obadea
You are right! After restarting the phone I had to start up the Enform app. I'm headed to the dealer on Friday for my 50k checkup and to get a rattle taken care of behind the clock, so I'll mention this to the dealer.
Old 10-07-14, 03:54 PM
RyanC
Driver

If you are having problems - email Lexus_Mobile_Applications@Lexus.com - hopefully that will bring the issue to their attention. I already sent them an email. For me - even starting the Lexus Enform app isn't providing connectivity to Pandora - I had to switch to Bluetooth audio and launch the regular Pandora app.

I have a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.4
Old 10-08-14, 03:32 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

HTC One M8 here running custom firmware, basically Android 4.4.4. I noticed this too, the app used to start via Bluetooth trigger from the car, now you have to start it by hand. Thanks for the link Ryan, the more people we get reporting this issue, the faster it may get fixed.
Old 10-08-14, 03:51 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,616 Likes on 1,030 Posts

I find this interesting. My wife and I both have iPhones. We've always had to restart the app manually before we could use Enform. The latest update is no different for us.
Old 10-08-14, 04:58 PM
RyanC
Driver

Here is something to try for those having a problem - I went into Settings -> Apps -> Lexus Enform -> Press "Force stop" - then pressed "Clear data" and then pressed "Uninstall" - then I went into the Google Play Store and reinstalled Lexus Enform. You will need to logon again since you cleared data including your credentials - but after this things seemed to work for me. I was able to stream Pandora immediately after this and then got out of the car, was at work for awhile and when I got back in the car - it connected automatically and continued playing music.

Hopefully this will continue into tomorrow - but probably worth a shot for those having the problem.
Old 10-11-14, 05:33 PM
RyanC
Driver

So for 2 days in a row after clearing the data and reinstalling the Lexus Enform app it is working as it should - no need for me to start the Lexus Enform Android app manually.
Old 10-28-14, 05:36 PM
lexusmavin
Driver School Candidate

Angry Lexus Enform version 2.7.354 is very buggy

I have the same experience with the Enform update (version 2.7.354.100). I am running it on a Samsung Galaxy S3 with Android 4.4.2. This new version of the app no longer runs at startup and has to be manually started to work. However, when I check the app's parameters in Settings; Application Manager, it is set to "run on startup" as the default. This is a very sloppy bug. The previous two version of Enform did not have that particular issue. In addition, the app also crashes after running for arbitrary periods of time and has to be manually restarted. As far as I am concerned, this is shameful quality control poorly reflecting on Lexus.
Old 01-14-15, 02:23 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting... I am running v2.7.354.100 on my Samsung Galaxy 4 Mini and dont have this issue, been using it for about a month without a restart.