GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Front "F-sport" license plate.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-14, 01:46 PM
HiepNotik
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With 306 ponies it's hard to drive slow.
Old 10-22-14, 02:52 PM
jvinhj240
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's what they did to my last car, I went back and raise hell tell them to fix the holes. Should not take long for them to fix. They had my vehicle for 3hrs and I was happy. I almost demand new bumper.
Old 10-22-14, 03:41 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by HiepNotik
With 306 ponies it's hard to drive slow.
That's where Valentine One comes into play.
Old 12-03-14, 09:22 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered some nebula grey pearl bumper plugs for my car today
Old 12-03-14, 09:53 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

I made sure to tell the dealership to NOT drill holes for the bracket. My dealership tends to not do it until they ask the customer, which is the way it should be. They just made me sign a waiver that says I won't make them pay tickets for not having a front plate.
Old 12-03-14, 06:58 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dchar
I made sure to tell the dealership to NOT drill holes for the bracket. My dealership tends to not do it until they ask the customer, which is the way it should be. They just made me sign a waiver that says I won't make them pay tickets for not having a front plate.
Lucky you the color combo I wanted they didn't have it so they had to bring it from a different dealer. And the different dealer already drilled holes in it so I'm like eff it I'll plug the holes and live with it. Car is a beauty though.
Old 12-03-14, 07:31 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Every dealer I went to here had their cars with a front plate as soon as they get off the ship! They're still covered in white plastic when it arrived at the dealer but the damn front plate is already installed!
Old 12-03-14, 10:25 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Wow. I've been lucky twice. Both, 2013 and 2015, were dealer trades and no holes. I think your dealer drills holes immediately when they get the cars on the lot. I think 2013 was from Keyes and 2015 was from Cerritos, and both deals done in Riverside.

Last edited by dchar; 12-03-14 at 10:59 PM.
Old 12-03-14, 10:48 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Wow. I've been lucky twice. Both, 2013 and 2015, were dealer trades and no holes. I think your dealer drills holes immediately when they get the cars on the lot. I think 2013 was from Keyes and 2015 was from Cerritos.
U know what.. since u mentioned Keyes, that is actually the only dealer that didn't install front plates on their new cars. I did go there to check out the new IS and GS and none of them had the front plate. Other ones I went to, Santa Monica, Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard all have them already installed. Too bad Keyes couldn't give me a good deal.
Old 12-04-14, 12:14 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Wow. I've been lucky twice. Both, 2013 and 2015, were dealer trades and no holes. I think your dealer drills holes immediately when they get the cars on the lot. I think 2013 was from Keyes and 2015 was from Cerritos, and both deals done in Riverside.
Keyes do not drill holes. I been there saw the car but they didn't want to give me the deal i got @ Longo. Never been to Cerritos.
Old 12-04-14, 12:17 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
U know what.. since u mentioned Keyes, that is actually the only dealer that didn't install front plates on their new cars. I did go there to check out the new IS and GS and none of them had the front plate. Other ones I went to, Santa Monica, Woodland Hills, Thousand Oaks, Oxnard all have them already installed. Too bad Keyes couldn't give me a good deal.
Just read your post we are on same page. I went to Santa Monica all of their cars had plates already installed. Only keyes didn't have plates but they didn't want to give me the quote I received @ Longo lexus. Just went to Longo and got the car will just put some plug the holes with the bumper plugs i ordered from bumperplugs.com (painted nebula grey pearl)
Old 12-05-14, 12:16 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

My nebula grey pearl bumper plugs came in today. Will be putting them in today. If anyone wants pictures let me know. I got it from (bumperplugs.com) I paid around $30-40 but i think it was well worth it because the color match is perfect. Im sure you can buy plain black plug and a touch up paint and do it yourself but I don't got time. Time is money for me.
Old 12-05-14, 09:22 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by HiepNotik
I hate the front license plate on the car but it was installed when I got it at the dealer. removing it will leave holes so i got a custom "F-Sport" one made and installed it last night. How's it look?

Where can I get this?
Old 12-09-14, 04:51 PM
snohman82
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
Just read your post we are on same page. I went to Santa Monica all of their cars had plates already installed. Only keyes didn't have plates but they didn't want to give me the quote I received @ Longo lexus. Just went to Longo and got the car will just put some plug the holes with the bumper plugs i ordered from bumperplugs.com (painted nebula grey pearl)
Any pictures of the bumper plugs installed in? just leased my GS and it has the front license plate as well installed on...my last car did not and it was worth the two tickets i paid. never was ordered to fix it either hah.
Old 12-09-14, 05:08 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by snohman82
Any pictures of the bumper plugs installed in? just leased my GS and it has the front license plate as well installed on...my last car did not and it was worth the two tickets i paid. never was ordered to fix it either hah.
I will message you picture

Quick Reply: Front "F-sport" license plate.