GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Just got my 2015 GS350 F-Sport Atomic Silver

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-14, 10:44 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RMK_ISF
I had a white 2014 GS350 F-Sport at first. It's in my photos check it out..but I let the F go for a number of reasons, fist being space, second was that my wife even though a small amount of time she spends driving the F she was not comfortable in it. She scraped the front bumper (not Cali experienced with lower vehicles and steep drop offs) She drives a 2015 Platinum Sequoia dead giveaway for driving without regard as to curbs etc. Fuel was of no concern, I have two little ones also, so for me I had switch it up yet again. I really loved the F but as mentioned small comfort conveniences like the VGRS AND AVS larger info-tainment center, over all roomy feel...I made the move back to the GS. Honestly the GS350 F-Sport driving "feels" better too IMO.
Wait, you got rid of the 2014 GS-fsport, for ISF, then you got rid of ISF and bough 2014 GS-fsport? Am I missing something here?
Old 10-27-14, 10:48 AM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks EVERYONE for the support on this move...feeling good!
Old 10-27-14, 10:49 AM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Originally Posted by FastTags
Wait, you got rid of the 2014 GS-fsport, for ISF, then you got rid of ISF and bough 2014 GS-fsport? Am I missing something here?
You understand perfectly fine..
Old 10-27-14, 10:50 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

So they changed the shark fin antenna for 2015 too.
Old 10-27-14, 10:52 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You understand perfectly fine..
How is the ISF compare to GS350. I know you said that gs350 drives better, what do you mean by that? Is it softer ride? corners better?

Personally I think ISF is a better looking car period.
Old 10-27-14, 11:30 AM
TonyCarson
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back End..
Thank you! I was wondering about that rear Fsport badge...I hate how the rear doesn't show off that it is F sport on the 13'14 models, wanted to see where it was placed. Beautiful car by the way, I had mixed feelings when we saw the AS on the IS at the dealer.
Old 10-27-14, 11:30 AM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Originally Posted by FastTags
How is the ISF compare to GS350. I know you said that gs350 drives better, what do you mean by that? Is it softer ride? corners better?

Personally I think ISF is a better looking car period.
If you must know how it effects me personally, then I'd say the GS350 F-Sport handling is better IMO. It has an overall better driving "feel" experience this includes response within the suspension (AVS) and the steering (VGRS) while in sport/sport+. This of course is in regard to acceleration control, braking control, and lateral cornering forces under heavy load. The F to me felt squirrelly more often than not (even with the updated nuances made through the years and broken in tires) that is to say with trac on or off. The F also FELT heavier under braking and cornering (lateral force). The power seems to be great on the F for straight away driving purposes. I truely believe that the GS harnesses its power much more effectively, and practically with is given technology. I will not shame the F but for me the F-Sport is overall better. One mans opinion.
Old 10-27-14, 11:35 AM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Originally Posted by TonyCarson
Thank you! I was wondering about that read Fsport badge...I hate how the rear doesn't show off that it is F sport on the 13'14 models, wanted to see where it was placed. Beautiful car by the way, I had mixed feelings when we saw the AS on the IS at the dealer.
It's funny you mentioned the badge...on my 2014 F-Sport (b4 I let it go) that was my first mod. I debadged the GS350 portion and placed that exact F-Sport badge in its' place. There was a minute there that I thought it was a dlr thing after they saw mine. Thanks
Old 10-27-14, 12:38 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

Love that color.
Old 10-27-14, 01:47 PM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

If you must know how it effects me personally, then I'd say the GS350 F-Sport handling is better IMO. It has an overall better driving "feel" experience this includes response within the suspension (AVS) and the steering (VGRS) while in sport/sport+. This of course is in regard to acceleration control, braking control, and lateral cornering forces under heavy load. The F to me felt squirrelly more often than not (even with the updated nuances made through the years and broken in tires) that is to say with trac on or off. The F also FELT heavier under braking and cornering (lateral force). The power seems to be great on the F for straight away driving purposes. I truely believe that the GS harnesses its power much more effectively, and practically with is given technology. I will not shame the F but for me the F-Sport is overall better. One mans opinion.
Thank you for the comparison - I'm also a fan of the ISF but didn't consider it because it wasn't what I was looking for.
Old 10-27-14, 01:51 PM
TonyCarson
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny you mentioned the badge...on my 2014 F-Sport (b4 I let it go) that was my first mod. I debadged the GS350 portion and placed that exact F-Sport badge in its' place. There was a minute there that I thought it was a dlr thing after they saw mine. Thanks
Can you post a picture of how it was on your previous car? I was about to purchase that same F sport badge but I am no sure whether it will look better on the left side as with your new GS or to debadge the GS350 and put it there and put the GS350 on the left.
Old 10-27-14, 02:04 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Can you post a picture of how it was on your previous car? I was about to purchase that same F sport badge but I am no sure whether it will look better on the left side as with your new GS or to debadge the GS350 and put it there and put the GS350 on the left.
Let me look Tony

Last edited by ISF*LYF; 10-27-14 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Namesake
Old 10-27-14, 02:17 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

I remember now it was a fender badge I bought...this may not help you but..
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-14, 02:35 PM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
So they changed the shark fin antenna for 2015 too.
My 2014 had the fin..it's black in this photo can you see it?
Attached Thumbnails Just got my 2015 GS350 F-Sport Atomic Silver-image.jpg  
Old 10-27-14, 03:22 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Congrats, love the color! That goes great with the cabernet interior I bet.

Good catch about the shark fin! It is a different shark fin.

As for the ISF vs the GS F Sport. They're just entirely different cars. Anybody who doesn't understand what RMK is saying has never driven and compared the two. The IS-F is a fire breather, firmly sprung, performance sedan. The GS F Sport is going to be much more comfortable and enjoyable as an everyday driver. Better space (IS-F is based on the old IS, and is SMALL). On a track the IS-F Will run circles around it...but we don't drive on a track every day do we?

Plus, I think the GS is much more mature than the IS. I'd feel silly driving around in an IS-F Personally.

Quick Reply: Just got my 2015 GS350 F-Sport Atomic Silver