GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 GS 350 F Sport lease

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 12:04 PM
SammyPesos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by isekii
That would really depend on the residual.
I did a 2 year lease on my 2014 MSRP 60818 and I think the Buy Out is like 45k after my lease is up.
I'm on the fence about purchase or lease another.
The beauty of Lexus is their insane lease pricing due to the high residuals. If you were to buy your lease at lease end and finance with nothing down for 72 months including tax and interest you would be in the mid-$700's.

Or, lease a brand new one with 0 miles for around $500... Buying these cars seems asinine with the available leasing rates...
Old 12-03-15, 12:10 PM
GoogleTHIS
Driver School Candidate

Reading this thread makes me happy. I got mine about four weeks ago.

'15 GS350 F-Sport. MSRP: $58,640

$1900 down, 36 mos, 12k miles per year, 437+CA tax

My experience has always been that the best time to buy a car is end of a week day, or first day of the weekend. Middle/end of the weekend, and sale days are the absolute worse times to go. You need a desperate sales manager. ;-)

Got it at Lexus of San Diego. Horrible sales department, decent service department, but they're location is perfect for me. They didn't even detail the car before I took delivery. Then didn't again when i took it back to get the tint installed and specifically asked them to. I've been finding plastic wrap everywhere for weeks. and lines on the paint from the original body wrap covers. Even still had one giant piece on the passenger door that would have been super obvious if they washed it.
Old 12-03-15, 12:23 PM
SammyPesos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GoogleTHIS
Reading this thread makes me happy. I got mine about four weeks ago.

'15 GS350 F-Sport. MSRP: $58,640

$1900 down, 36 mos, 12k miles per year, 437+CA tax

My experience has always been that the best time to buy a car is end of a week day, or first day of the weekend. Middle/end of the weekend, and sale days are the absolute worse times to go. You need a desperate sales manager. ;-)

Got it at Lexus of San Diego. Horrible sales department, decent service department, but they're location is perfect for me. They didn't even detail the car before I took delivery. Then didn't again when i took it back to get the tint installed and specifically asked them to. I've been finding plastic wrap everywhere for weeks. and lines on the paint from the original body wrap covers. Even still had one giant piece on the passenger door that would have been super obvious if they washed it.
That's awful about the dealership experience. When you receive your customer survey, mention all of these things. Don't let them fool you into giving them a good score.

Also, as a sales manager myself, the absolute only and best time to buy a car is late night on the last day of the month. No debate, no question. We do stupid deals on the last day just to surpass our competitors of the same make, reach sales goals, and make more money for the volume.

Some manufacturer's also stair step the way the dealers are paid meaning if they hit a certain number by month's end, the get paid extra money retroactive on every unit...
Old 12-03-15, 01:10 PM
isekii
Rookie

Originally Posted by SammyPesos
The beauty of Lexus is their insane lease pricing due to the high residuals. If you were to buy your lease at lease end and finance with nothing down for 72 months including tax and interest you would be in the mid-$700's.

Or, lease a brand new one with 0 miles for around $500... Buying these cars seems asinine with the available leasing rates...
Yea~ this pretty much.
What are your thoughts on rolling in any sort of misc fees into the lease itself and paying nothing to drive off?
Old 12-03-15, 01:21 PM
SammyPesos
Driver School Candidate

Yea~ this pretty much.
What are your thoughts on rolling in any sort of misc fees into the lease itself and paying nothing to drive off?
Generally, the only thing you should put down is inceptions. The theory is why raise your payment over your tag fees and misc. state fees if its only $500-1,000. Or if you don't care about the negligible amount your payment will go up, keep your wallet in your pants. But dealers will always try to get you to put something down.
Old 12-04-15, 08:12 AM
isekii
Rookie

Generally, the only thing you should put down is inceptions. The theory is why raise your payment over your tag fees and misc. state fees if its only $500-1,000. Or if you don't care about the negligible amount your payment will go up, keep your wallet in your pants. But dealers will always try to get you to put something down.
My reasoning would be basically to put down MSD's instead of paying anything out of pocket.

For example, if the money factor is .00049 (1.18%) with the payment of $400 all in.
Figured I could put down 6 MSD to lower that to .00001) (.02%).

I think the difference saved by putting down MSD is give or take equal to the money you have to pay out lets say $1000.
Old 12-04-15, 11:43 AM
SammyPesos
Driver School Candidate

My reasoning would be basically to put down MSD's instead of paying anything out of pocket.

For example, if the money factor is .00049 (1.18%) with the payment of $400 all in.
Figured I could put down 6 MSD to lower that to .00001) (.02%).

I think the difference saved by putting down MSD is give or take equal to the money you have to pay out lets say $1000.
I personally rather keep my money instead of letting them hold it for a few years to lower my payment a few bucks. Unless you have money under your bed collecting dust!
Old 12-05-15, 11:06 AM
tripsea
Driver School Candidate

I'm headed out to see if my friendly dealer will make me a decent lease deal on a '15 GS F-sport. My plan is to put around $2500 in and get a 3-yr lease with 10k mi/yr for around $469/mo plus tax. MSRP of the cars I'm looking at is about $59,650. We'll see how they react.

Last edited by tripsea; 12-05-15 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-05-15, 06:09 PM
cmdace18
Driver

Originally Posted by tripsea
I'm headed out to see if my friendly dealer will make me a decent lease deal on a '15 GS F-sport. My plan is to put around $2500 in and get a 3-yr lease with 10k mi/yr for around $469/mo plus tax. MSRP of the cars I'm looking at is about $59,650. We'll see how they react.
That's a bad deal, you're too high. A 3-yr lease with 10K for a 59K car at $469 + tax should be nothing down.
Old 12-08-15, 01:28 PM
isekii
Rookie

I personally rather keep my money instead of letting them hold it for a few years to lower my payment a few bucks. Unless you have money under your bed collecting dust!
Hm.. but lets say if my 5-6MSD $2500-3000 saves me $30 bucks a month x 36 months

That's over a grand in savings over 36 months.

Not sure where i'll get 25-30% in return (savings) over the 3 year period.
Old 12-08-15, 05:47 PM
SammyPesos
Driver School Candidate

Hm.. but lets say if my 5-6MSD $2500-3000 saves me $30 bucks a month x 36 months

That's over a grand in savings over 36 months.

Not sure where i'll get 25-30% in return (savings) over the 3 year period.
I completely agree. It all comes down to whether you want to part with the money or not for 3 years.
Old 12-08-15, 05:50 PM
SammyPesos
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tripsea
Keep your $2500 and fight for the same payment. Also, negotiate to a "tax-in" price, not plus tax. If they won't do it tonight, they will in a couple of days. Just stick to your guns.
Old 12-09-15, 07:50 AM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by thirst
I am looking to lease a 2015 F Sport, located in SoCal. Wondering what might be a good deal.

I've been quoted 610 or so including Orange County tax, with 0 drive off.

Is this a good deal? 12k miles 24 months.
Sorry, late to the conversation but I just picked up my 2015 GS350 F sport on Sunday (Atomic Silver with red leather loaded 2WD with MSRP $57,700). I got the lease for 33 Months with 15K a year for $525.00 a month (Zero down and zero at signing). At 24 months with 12K a year I got a quote at $585.00.
I wanted to wait until JAN for the 16 models but my current lease (MBZ E350 Sport) ended and they would not extend lease for 30 days.
Anyway, during my car search I starting calling the various brokers in L.A. At first I got some high lease deals. But at zero down and zero at signing it was tempting. At the end of the week I decided to see what Keys of Van Nuys was going to do. I emailed Keys and explained exactly what I wanted to include color combo. I then got a call from Sam and he reported a rather high price. So I said thank you and went to make lunch. In less than 10 minutes later he text and reported $500 a month (after taxes) for 33 months at 12K a year. I asked him to email me the quote (had ammo). I emailed the quote to the brokers and my local Lexus dealership in San Diego. By Friday afternoon all the subsequent quotes were all the same except the two dealerships wanted $527 at signing. I contacted the dealership in San Diego and reported that I will pick up if they dropped the signing fees. They agreed then when I arrived the dealership I was met by the sales manager and he asked that the car I wanted was being cleaned. I said while I'm waiting can you run the numbers for 15K a year at 33 months. He came back at $536 and I said if he drops by $16 bucks we have a deal. He went back to his desk, I got up and starting walking up to the three LFXs and GS F's and by the time I got out of the F he came back and said lets do the deal. However, I would not have known the lowest deal without the help of the brokers in L.A. those guys were very helpful in understanding the Lexus lease process. I have never leased a Toyota/Lexus before my last three leases were two MBZ E350 Sports (2012 and 2014) and a Infiniti M35 (2009). All of which were awesome deals. This is the first lease at 33 months. All of the earlier were between 24-27 months. So far (picked up the GS350 F-sport on Sunday) I like the electronics and seats but getting used to the rough ride. Also, noticed that the car is a bit slower than my E-350's but the steering and handling is much more responsive.
Old 12-13-15, 11:39 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Looking to lease a 2015 GS350 F Sport here in the next week in SoCal. I'm looking at a car with MSRP of $57K. What sort of discounts are you guys getting here in SoCal right now? Can we do $10K off right now? Which dealers are being more aggressive with their prices? Looking for any dealership in SD, OC, Riverside, or LA county.
Old 12-14-15, 12:13 PM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrtrance
Looking to lease a 2015 GS350 F Sport here in the next week in SoCal. I'm looking at a car with MSRP of $57K. What sort of discounts are you guys getting here in SoCal right now? Can we do $10K off right now? Which dealers are being more aggressive with their prices? Looking for any dealership in SD, OC, Riverside, or LA county.
I contacted the broker and dealership and they asked what color you want and miles per year. email (maguzma@hotmail.com) and if you want I can help connect you to who you feel comfortable to work with (but I can get dialogue started). Last Tuesday I helped my friend connect and this is what they offered (Escondido and broker)
33 mo with 12K a year at $509 a month with zero down and zero at signing.
Price will dip a bit at 36mo.
MSRP is $58K but the broker mentioned $62K but I think he may a mistake.

Keys wanted $574 at signing but I'm sure we can get that waived.

And yes first month no payment and free checkups for the year. I got a mug too. Wanted to all weather mats but they only offered at wholesale.
Looking at lease paper work and CAP was about $11k.

Quick Reply: 2015 GS 350 F Sport lease