GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Infotainment system freezing on 2015 f sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-15, 05:11 PM
hatellexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES! My navi freezes on me all the time. The screen and mouse do not work at all sometimes. My music turns off by itself also. Also after disconnecting a phone call the radio/ipod doesn't go back on. The system just shuts down.
Old 06-04-15, 06:37 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,562 Posts

I simply could not deal with the NAV freezing up, or the system, screen or mouse not working at times. That is about as bad as having a transmission without any gear higher than 3rd gear. I would expect Lexus to fix the problem right away, doing whatever it took, while giving me a comparable loaner...or they can buy the car back from me as a lemon law vehicle.
Old 06-04-15, 06:58 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

damnit! the horror when reading this title, its happening to me too
o girl starting to show her age at 5000k miles

first my drivers door side control panel is rattling violently when I play music and now this....
Old 06-04-15, 07:54 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Already asked dealer about it...Lexus sent a technician out to get data from my car, and their response was stop using my 2nd gen iPod until an update is released. My system hasn't froze in a while (knock on wood) and I still use my iPod.

To help your dealer with diagnosing problem, I was told to press MENU button 10 times so car saves a snapshot. Then your dealer can download the data off using a USB.
Old 06-06-15, 10:44 AM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

OMFG!! I'm about to take delivery on my new 2015 GS350 Fsport in a couple days.. Car hasn't arrive at the dealership from the port yet. Reading this thread making me reconsider if I should buy this car will all this problems.
Old 06-06-15, 05:37 PM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 120 Likes on 58 Posts

So let me just let everyone know the real not the BS or misinformed....

The Nav in the 13 had issues, they mad a software patch & cleared it up... Then Lexus changed the brain unit on for the 15 model where the Nav, Mouse, & radio/media center are now 1 unit & it brought back the issue but only in some models... The only thing that can be done (right now) is the brain ie the Nav/radio needs to be replaced... but Lexus will have a tech look @ ur car, run a diagnosis & it should be replaced under ur warranty... Reason I know, I have a GS F-Sport RWD I just picked up with 1300 miles on it doing the same thing every so often... Not to mention a friend of mine is a service manager @ a Lexus dealership here in MA & he told me Lexus sent out a all dealer notification 2 weeks ago...

Last edited by KOOLFELLA; 06-10-15 at 09:59 AM.
Old 06-28-15, 05:47 PM
Theak47
Driver School Candidate

I just got a 15 es 350 crafted line and my issue as that every time I start the car it goes to the map load screen and takes forever to load. Then any map preferences like 3d or whatever is gone. It's never frozen thankfully. The master tech at the dealer said it'd a known issue and the are scheduling the lexus rep to come out and fix it. I will keep you all posted. Anyone else have the start up issue?
Old 06-29-15, 07:35 PM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine works just fine....I am sure lexus will make it right
Old 06-29-15, 08:07 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I simply could not deal with the NAV freezing up, or the system, screen or mouse not working at times.
Trust me, to most this probably doesnt sound like a big deal...till the radio stops responding in the middle of the highway with the volume locked in at 55/60. Helpless. Not a very good feeling at all...

Originally Posted by KOOLFELLA
So let me just let everyone know the real not the BS or misinformed....

The Nav in the 13 had issues, they mad a software patch & cleared it up... Then Lexus changed the brain unit on for the 15 model where the Nav, Mouse, & radio/media center are now 1 unit & it brought back the issue but only in some models... The only thing that can be done (right now) is the brain ie the Nav/radio needs to be replaced... but Lexus will have a tech look @ ur car, run a diagnosis & it should be replaced under ur warranty... Reason I know, I have a GS F-Sport RWD I just picked up with 1300 miles on it doing the same thing every so often... Not to mention a friend of mine is a service manager @ a Lexus dealership here in MA & he told me Lexus sent out a all dealer notification 2 weeks ago...
thanks for the heads up man. Hopefully this is a software issue and can be fixed in a future patch, dont really want the dealer replacing or opening anything right now

MEAHT
Old 06-29-15, 09:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i doubt there will be a fix on speed at all
Old 07-02-15, 03:15 PM
ITDude
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=MEAHT;9095238]Trust me, to most this probably doesnt sound like a big deal...till the radio stops responding in the middle of the highway with the volume locked in at 55/60. Helpless. Not a very good feeling at all...

Holy crap, I didn't know the volume would go to 60! I imagine you would attract some attention if you were stuck in rush hour traffic.

My 15 GS froze up on me once in about 4000 miles. I tried to power it off, but it wouldn't respond, so I pulled over and restarted the car. I was stuck in traffic, and the volume eventually softened until I couldn't hear it before I restarted the vehicle. Not sure if it was a delayed response from me trying to reset it while driving, or if it just gave up. If it does it again, I will try to hold the power button longer to see if it will reset without restarting the car.

My Acura TL would do the same thing every so often. It is annoying.
Old 07-04-15, 08:00 AM
250Fsprt
Driver School Candidate

Did you try kicking it with the back of your heel repeatedly?
Old 07-04-15, 10:01 AM
Joe2015
Driver School Candidate

only have this car a week and have 400 miles on it. I am in shock at the list of issues on this Forum. I thought no start app issue was just a one off issue. Now I see all these things. Should of bought the BMW?
Old 07-04-15, 10:21 AM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe2015
only have this car a week and have 400 miles on it. I am in shock at the list of issues on this Forum. I thought no start app issue was just a one off issue. Now I see all these things. Should of bought the BMW?
No doubt, you should have bought a bmw....they never have any problems or rattle....

Did any sarcasm come through on that
Old 07-04-15, 10:26 AM
Joe2015
Driver School Candidate

Thats why I put a question mark after the statement. So far really enjoying the GS. Hope mine avoids the list of gripes I see on here .

Happy 4th!

Originally Posted by vinnier6
No doubt, you should have bought a bmw....they never have any problems or rattle....

Did any sarcasm come through on that

Quick Reply: Infotainment system freezing on 2015 f sport