GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-14, 11:49 AM
tknx
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered VLED Tritons for front and back during their CM sale. I will also post pics once i install them, and, if it is easy and useful, I'll post how to do it too. If it is difficult, I'll have someone else do it
Old 12-04-14, 03:30 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Is it easy to remove the bulbs once it's planted into the socket?
Yes it is I tried it, you just push them in and serves a suction around it and just pull off to take it off.
Old 12-04-14, 10:19 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
Yes it is I tried it, you just push them in and serves a suction around it and just pull off to take it off.
Okay great! I'll probably install mine today cause it arrived at my cousin's house yesterday. I just got back from Vegas.
Old 12-04-14, 11:20 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I changed my front turn signal (white) and rear turn signal (red) and took off the philips ultinon D4S 6000k bulb of my 10 GS350 and put on my 15 GS350 looks 100% better then stock bulb! The stock bulb had a creamy/yellowish color of (soy milk) texture to it when I compared to the Philips. Philips were beautiful white. If anyone needs help installing any bulbs in SoCal area Im willing to help a buddy out for free of course

Ordered some Philips extreme vision xenon white 194 bulb to change the puddle lights. Hopefully i don't break the mirror. I broke the mirror on my 10 GS350 changing it I didn't know what I was doing lol
Old 12-04-14, 11:33 AM
tknx
Intermediate

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
I changed my front turn signal (white) and rear turn signal (red) and took off the philips ultinon D4S 6000k bulb of my 10 GS350 and put on my 15 GS350 looks 100% better then stock bulb! The stock bulb had a creamy/yellowish color of (soy milk) texture to it when I compared to the Philips. Philips were beautiful white. If anyone needs help installing any bulbs in SoCal area Im willing to help a buddy out for free of course

Ordered some Philips extreme vision xenon white 194 bulb to change the puddle lights. Hopefully i don't break the mirror. I broke the mirror on my 10 GS350 changing it I didn't know what I was doing lol
I really wish Lexus would use clear lenses on their HIDs, it is why Acura just has better HID cutoffs

Interesting that the stock bulb wasn't Philips or Osram CBI which are considered the two best HID bulbs. I have a pair of CBIs I might stick in if they are the right type (need to check).
Old 12-04-14, 02:44 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by tknx
I really wish Lexus would use clear lenses on their HIDs, it is why Acura just has better HID cutoffs

Interesting that the stock bulb wasn't Philips or Osram CBI which are considered the two best HID bulbs. I have a pair of CBIs I might stick in if they are the right type (need to check).
The stock bulb is the Harison Japan bulb
Old 12-04-14, 06:29 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I did it u guys, front and back!!! Itz JDM yO!

Signaling never been this fun! haha man I signal for no reason at all now. haha It looks like a Million Dollar car now.

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 12-04-14 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-04-14, 07:24 PM
tknx
Intermediate

The stock bulb is the Harison Japan bulb
D4S?

Anyway, I am pretty excited about my LED blinkers, they arrive tomorrow, so will have a bunch of pics to post.
Old 12-04-14, 07:50 PM
Abermac
Rookie

Video and LEDs look good! Mine are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to the install!
How long did it take you to complete the install?
Old 12-04-14, 08:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Abermac
Video and LEDs look good! Mine are scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to the install!
How long did it take you to complete the install?
It should only take about 10-15 mins. The only problem is the front driver's side, u have no room to fit ur hand in there. The windshield washer tube can be moved aside but the fuse box can't seem to be moved. I have small hands and it barely fit, if u have big hands that's gonna be hard.

Another thing is the fit seems a bit loose in the fronts, the rubber base doesn't seem to seal the opening bulb socket tightly, there is a little play even when it's pushed all the way in. The backs are okay though.

Hopefully there won't be any fogging issues with the headlights during car wash and rainy days. Just make sure to tape all of the connectors with electric tape since they'll be exposed now.
Old 12-04-14, 11:36 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

It should only take about 10-15 mins. The only problem is the front driver's side, u have no room to fit ur hand in there. The windshield washer tube can be moved aside but the fuse box can't seem to be moved. I have small hands and it barely fit, if u have big hands that's gonna be hard.

Another thing is the fit seems a bit loose in the fronts, the rubber base doesn't seem to seal the opening bulb socket tightly, there is a little play even when it's pushed all the way in. The backs are okay though.

Hopefully there won't be any fogging issues with the headlights during car wash and rainy days. Just make sure to tape all of the connectors with electric tape since they'll be exposed now.
You should take long at my hands all cuts and scrapes had a difficult time getting to the front turn signal. Not much you can do about the passenger side but the drivers side I took out the washer tube and popped out the fuse box (cover only) and was OKAY area was tight but I will have to say there was a nice area to double tape the small square canceller.
Old 12-05-14, 12:15 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

You should take long at my hands all cuts and scrapes had a difficult time getting to the front turn signal. Not much you can do about the passenger side but the drivers side I took out the washer tube and popped out the fuse box (cover only) and was OKAY area was tight but I will have to say there was a nice area to double tape the small square canceller.
Are ur front bulbs loose too?
Old 12-05-14, 12:24 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Are ur front bulbs loose too?
The stock bulbs or the LED bulbs?
Old 12-05-14, 12:27 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

The stock bulbs or the LED bulbs?
The LED bulbs.
Old 12-05-14, 12:29 AM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Oh by the way this is the front/rear turn signal bulbs I used. I purchased it from IJDMTOY.COM

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/No-Hyper-Fl...s-p/20-001.htm

Works both for front or rear.
I ordered 2 one white for the front turn signal and one red for the rear turn signal.

The white front turn signals are bad ***! Not sure why you guys change to amber LED the stock bulb looks identical like the amber LED imo

White turn signals are not a citation in California if anyone is wondering.

Quick Reply: Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's