Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-14, 12:43 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Originally Posted by xRYD3Rx
In california front you can have amber/white turn signal rear is red/amber only
I understand that technically this is legal, but it's still distracting and less safe than having Amber turn signals.

No car company uses white turn signals. Nobody is expecting white turn signals.
Old 12-07-14, 12:54 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I understand that technically this is legal, but it's still distracting and less safe than having Amber turn signals.

No car company uses white turn signals. Nobody is expecting white turn signals.
^ I agree with this....
Old 12-07-14, 01:07 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,562 Posts

^ I agree. Making any kind of change like that (even something you might think is insignificant) could, in fact, become a factor in a traffic accident lawsuit.
Old 12-07-14, 02:38 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

I saw an older 3 series BMW the other night with blueish turn signal all around and I'm like where the cops at when u need them?! But when I go over the speed limit they're on my *** right away.
Old 12-09-14, 01:25 PM
tknx
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should take long at my hands all cuts and scrapes had a difficult time getting to the front turn signal. Not much you can do about the passenger side but the drivers side I took out the washer tube and popped out the fuse box (cover only) and was OKAY area was tight but I will have to say there was a nice area to double tape the small square canceller.
I just tried to do the passenger side and I couldn't get my hands in there. About to go try the driver's side.

The driver's side you are supposed to access from the wheel well per the owner's manual. You turn the wheel all the way right and there is a small access panel you can remove.
Old 12-09-14, 01:42 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tknx
I just tried to do the passenger side and I couldn't get my hands in there. About to go try the driver's side.

The driver's side you are supposed to access from the wheel well per the owner's manual. You turn the wheel all the way right and there is a small access panel you can remove.
You have to take panel clips off if you are going under neath the wheel.
I had a hard time getting my hands in there but it was worth it at the end.
Im not much of a auto tech guy I would rather do it the hard way then take things apart.
Old 12-09-14, 01:53 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Yea for the driver's side just use that little panel on the wheel well, it's way much easier than getting ur hand stuck in the engine bay.

One of my LED module just crapped out on me, sometimes it hyper flash and sometimes it slow flash so I just removed them all and put the stock bulbs back and wait for the VLEDS to get here. This one is real junk alright. lol Hope I won't have any issue with the VLEDS cause that thing costs $200.
Old 12-09-14, 02:06 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Yea for the driver's side just use that little panel on the wheel well, it's way much easier than getting ur hand stuck in the engine bay.

One of my LED module just crapped out on me, sometimes it hyper flash and sometimes it slow flash so I just removed them all and put the stock bulbs back and wait for the VLEDS to get here. This one is real junk alright. lol Hope I won't have any issue with the VLEDS cause that thing costs $200.
Which Vled you ordered?
I am waiting for around Dec 20-Jan1 for christmas/new years discount.
Might be a nice big discount you never know.
Old 12-09-14, 02:18 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Which Vled you ordered?
I am waiting for around Dec 20-Jan1 for christmas/new years discount.
Might be a nice big discount you never know.
The cheaper version of the amber V3 with 10% off, not the $145 amber-amber one.

http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/turn-...120&series=919

I'm not spending $300 on bulbs. lol $200 is already maxed out.
Old 12-09-14, 03:28 PM
tknx
Intermediate

<TLDR>Not worth it as an upgrade</TLDR>

Ok, the passenger side one is no joke- hands bleeding.

All that being done, not convinced that it is that much brighter. the VLEDs sit pretty far back in the socket, so light might be being lost behind the housing (unless I installed them wrong, but there is almost no way I am going back in).

Will include a pic of install later. Did not do comparison shot with one - light looked slightly brighter with LED and was more crisp in on/off instead of slight fade in that bulb had.
Old 12-09-14, 03:53 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

The cheaper version of the amber V3 with 10% off, not the $145 amber-amber one.

http://www.vleds.com/bulb-type/turn-...120&series=919

I'm not spending $300 on bulbs. lol $200 is already maxed out.
They are both 430LM both are amber ..... Not sure why the first one is $145...
Old 12-09-14, 05:30 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

<TLDR>Not worth it as an upgrade</TLDR>

Ok, the passenger side one is no joke- hands bleeding.

All that being done, not convinced that it is that much brighter. the VLEDs sit pretty far back in the socket, so light might be being lost behind the housing (unless I installed them wrong, but there is almost no way I am going back in).

Will include a pic of install later. Did not do comparison shot with one - light looked slightly brighter with LED and was more crisp in on/off instead of slight fade in that bulb had.
Do they light up road signs when flashing? Cause that's one way to tell if they're bright or not. The OEM one does.

They are both 430LM both are amber ..... Not sure why the first one is $145...
Yea but I think the top one is switchback. U know how some cars share their parking light with turn signal?

Last edited by ItzFilyO; 12-09-14 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-09-14, 05:42 PM
tknx
Intermediate

Do they light up road signs when flashing? Cause that's one way to tell if they're bright or not. The OEM one does.

Yea but I think the top one is switchback. U know how some cars share their parking light with turn signal?
I got regular non-switchbacks

I haven't taken it for a drive yet - but I suspect they are about on par or slightly better. For me this definitely falls into the low end of upgrades that are worthwhile - I'd spend the money on an intake, on LEDs for the interior, puddles, etc. on coilovers etc if I was doing it again.

That being said, it is done. The VLEDs have a box you have to do something with. I tacked them in to the engine compartment above where they would fit, but it isn't exactly the neatest install ever. They would be a lot better if they were just a bulb.
Old 12-09-14, 05:50 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I got regular non-switchbacks

I haven't taken it for a drive yet - but I suspect they are about on par or slightly better. For me this definitely falls into the low end of upgrades that are worthwhile - I'd spend the money on an intake, on LEDs for the interior, puddles, etc. on coilovers etc if I was doing it again.

That being said, it is done. The VLEDs have a box you have to do something with. I tacked them in to the engine compartment above where they would fit, but it isn't exactly the neatest install ever. They would be a lot better if they were just a bulb.
Yea that control box, it's the same one as the JDM one that one of mine just failed and made the bulbs flash inconsistently.

I hope they're at least as bright as the OEM, I just noticed how much brighter the OEM bulbs after I swapped out the JDM one. I just like the crisp LED flashing.

I got the regular one as well, the cheaper one. lol
Old 12-09-14, 06:47 PM
tknx
Intermediate

Yea that control box, it's the same one as the JDM one that one of mine just failed and made the bulbs flash inconsistently.

I hope they're at least as bright as the OEM, I just noticed how much brighter the OEM bulbs after I swapped out the JDM one. I just like the crisp LED flashing.

I got the regular one as well, the cheaper one. lol
I ordered custom made reverse lights from a guy on another forum so am waiting to see how those look. I'll try and get some photos of those before and after.

Quick Reply: Purchased ijdm toy led blinker's