GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

So, Who are YOU?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-15 | 06:32 PM
bigblack06

Originally Posted by islandbeef
The health professionals I know drive BMW, Benzo's and Porsche's.
Originally Posted by TonyCarson
Yeah lot of my wife's co workers bought Mercedes and BMW...and at my Hospital 90% have either Mercedez or Tesla. Few have the IS's, but haven't seen anyone there with a GS.

One of our doctors did pick up a white 2014 SLS black edition last year. He daily drives that thing like a boss too.
Yep plus one on this, at my job I see more BMW's, Mercedes, Range Rover and Aston Martin no Tesla's
Old 01-03-15 | 06:35 PM
Voogru
Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS

Not sure why your automatically went there. My assumption was his parents paid for the car...which I think is a great deal more likely than your scenario.
Possibly.

However I see a lot of kids getting into this thing that pays thousands of dollars a week and it usually ends badly because they're unknowingly laundering money, or being a money mule for credit card fraud ring.
Old 01-03-15 | 06:47 PM
James4GS
Driver School Candidate

+1 for the IT guys

32 years old, single with 3 kids. I work in Healthcare IT as an Applications Architect. The family car is a 2010 Tahoe and the commuter car is the 2013 GS F Sport with a 67 Camaro in the garage. My parents own an ES and a GX which they are very happy with which made me look at a Lexus. After doing some research online and taking a test drive I was sold. Prior to the GS I was driving a 2005 Audi A4 which was nothing but problems after problems.
Old 01-03-15 | 06:52 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Voogru
Possibly.

However I see a lot of kids getting into this thing that pays thousands of dollars a week and it usually ends badly because they're unknowingly laundering money, or being a money mule for credit card fraud ring.
I think with even halfway decent parents if your 17 year old son suddenly was able to go buy a $54k car and you weren't aware of some reason why he'd be able to do that...you'd be a little curious. That...and a 17 year old can't enter into a contract to purchase, finance, or title a car so I think you're way out in left field here lol
Old 01-03-15 | 06:56 PM
Jack777
Driver School Candidate

I think with even halfway decent parents if your 17 year old son suddenly was able to go buy a $54k car and you weren't aware of some reason why he'd be able to do that...you'd be a little curious. That...and a 17 year old can't enter into a contract to purchase, finance, or title a car so I think you're way out in left field here lol
😳 My parents just gave me the car as a gift and I'm thankful that they did plus they got a good deal only 340 a month with 1k down
Old 01-03-15 | 07:04 PM
TonyCarson
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jack777
😳 My parents just gave me the car as a gift and I'm thankful that they did plus they got a good deal only 340 a month with 1k down
**** when I turned 17 my parents told me welcome to the real world and made me find my own place. I paid all my own bills already...

Can't hate though, I wouldn't of denied a free ride in life...Just had to work a bit harder to make it....
Old 01-03-15 | 07:06 PM
TonyCarson
Rookie

Ceekayall, your question on income is too vague. Is this income gross or net? Someone such as myself can make $100,000 plus, but after the government and others put their hand in my cookie jar...I only get to take home $75,000.
Old 01-03-15 | 07:30 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jack777
I'm not surprised you aren't a felonious credit card hacker lol

Unsolicited advice, but just do yourself a favor and don't spend your youth once you do get out on your own trying to replace a lifestyle that was given to you by your parents...luxury cars, etc. They've started you off living on third base here and you've never even swung the bat on your own. If you come out of HS/college replacing your GS with an equal or better car (it's human nature to want better and better things, not want to downgrade, and I saw in another thread where you already have your eyes on an F Sport) on your own, it's going to make your life unnecessarily hard.

I've seen it happen to so many of my friends (I grew up in a very affluent area and kids had great lives, great cars, but often not lasting wealth they could depend on for their futures) and really the reason it didn't happen to me is because I was fortunate that I started making a lot of money very early in my life. The result is huge debt from an early life living outside their means.

People work for many, many years to get to where they can comfortably drive such a car, don't feel like you should be able to replace it right off the bat.
Old 01-03-15 | 08:14 PM
Jack777
Driver School Candidate

I'm not surprised you aren't a felonious credit card hacker lol

Unsolicited advice, but just do yourself a favor and don't spend your youth once you do get out on your own trying to replace a lifestyle that was given to you by your parents...luxury cars, etc. They've started you off living on third base here and you've never even swung the bat on your own. If you come out of HS/college replacing your GS with an equal or better car (it's human nature to want better and better things, not want to downgrade, and I saw in another thread where you already have your eyes on an F Sport) on your own, it's going to make your life unnecessarily hard.

I've seen it happen to so many of my friends (I grew up in a very affluent area and kids had great lives, great cars, but often not lasting wealth they could depend on for their futures) and really the reason it didn't happen to me is because I was fortunate that I started making a lot of money very early in my life. The result is huge debt from an early life living outside their means.

People work for many, many years to get to where they can comfortably drive such a car, don't feel like you should be able to replace it right off the bat.
I agree with you and I would try to get an F-Sport if I could afford to, where I live there are really crazy deals on them around 320 for one but otherwise id rather spend any money I make on my education thanks though for concern
Old 01-04-15 | 02:29 AM
Voogru
Driver

You'd be surprised. =)

But yeah, out of left field in this case. Whoops.
Old 01-04-15 | 06:08 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Voogru
You'd be surprised. =)

But yeah, out of left field in this case. Whoops.
My assumption compared to your assumption is kind of like seeing a cut on somebody's leg, and me assuming they bumped their leg into the corner of a table and cut it and you assuming a lion must have taken a swipe at them LOL.
Old 01-04-15 | 01:30 PM
Crispy
Pole Position

My assumption compared to your assumption is kind of like seeing a cut on somebody's leg, and me assuming they bumped their leg into the corner of a table and cut it and you assuming a lion must have taken a swipe at them LOL.
Sht happens...

Old 01-04-15 | 02:37 PM
Envision25
Driver School Candidate

Kudos to the 17 year old. We all come from different walks of life. Some more fortunate than others.

I'm 21, have a wife and 2 kids 1mo.boy and 21mo. girl.

I own a 2008 lexus is250 glacier frost mica. My little pride and joy. However at 18 I did own a 08 vetted before the lexus.
Old 01-04-15 | 02:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Crispy
Sht happens...

You never know! lol
Old 01-04-15 | 02:45 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Envision25
Kudos to the 17 year old. We all come from different walks of life. Some more fortunate than others. I'm 21, have a wife and 2 kids 1mo.boy and 21mo. girl. I own a 2008 lexus is250 glacier frost mica. My little pride and joy. However at 18 I did own a 08 vetted before the lexus.
Very similar to me.. 22, wife n 2 kids they're the best

Quick Reply: So, Who are YOU?