ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

http://www.yourlexusdealer.com/yourl...delSubGroup=GS
Old 12-30-14, 11:55 PM
darylrsv4
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for the link. When you click the purchase inquiry link under the car you like does that mean every dealer listed has that car with those options our it just lists all the dealers in SoCal?
Old 12-31-14, 12:07 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by darylrsv4
Thank you for the link. When you click the purchase inquiry link under the car you like does that mean every dealer listed has that car with those options our it just lists all the dealers in SoCal?
I think that only shows that the car u want is available in the area, not at the particular dealer. Best to call them and ask, u don't want to waste gas and time for nothing.
Old 12-31-14, 12:12 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hence again why I suggested checking the dealer websites!

They do list out their inventory... with options. Click view inventory on most pages for Longo, Keyes, Tustin, Westminster, etc...
Old 12-31-14, 03:51 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Hence again why I suggested checking the dealer websites!

They do list out their inventory... with options. Click view inventory on most pages for Longo, Keyes, Tustin, Westminster, etc...
In Houston dealers don't list their own inventory. You get directed to a Lexus site that shows inventory for all area dealers combined. I guess the local dealers group does that because they all trade with each other. I find that different big markets vary whether they show dealer inventories or not.
Old 12-31-14, 04:38 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Correct me if i am wrong but i think you get more speakers in the ML system and you get less in the non ML system.

You wont get big Bass in either system but what you will get is better quality sound at mid to high volume on the ML equiped GS.

Another thing to think about is.... on the ML system you can play DVD movies and have the system play in TRUE Dolby Surround Sound which sounds great! I think the non ML will only play simulated surround. And the ML might be able to play DTS dvd audio, people correct me i am wrong, i have not tried this yet though. l know my Lexus LS with ML i use to own played DTS Audio and it sounded spectacular.
Old 12-31-14, 07:59 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Doesn't the GS ML system have like 800watts, whereas the non-ML system has 350 watts. That is a substantial increase in power.

I never had ML in any of my GS cars, but I have it in my GX. It's not really worth the extra $2K they want to add on for it.
Old 12-31-14, 08:32 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jjscsix
In Houston dealers don't list their own inventory. You get directed to a Lexus site that shows inventory for all area dealers combined. I guess the local dealers group does that because they all trade with each other. I find that different big markets vary whether they show dealer inventories or not.
It's mostly like that here too, except for Toyota dealers, they actually list what they have on the website. I don't know if Lexus dealers are doing it too cause I've never seen one, it always takes me to that Lexus site with nearby vehicles in my area.

And oh yea, the DVD surround with ML is really good. 17 speakers with ML Vs. 12 speakers for standard I think.
Old 12-31-14, 08:38 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I feel ML is overrated in every model except maybe the LS.
I had ML in a '08 GS and '12 ES and I wasn't impressed at all unless you play DVD-A discs which really not many people do..

The system in the GS sounds very nice.

You want a good optional sound system?
Buy a A8 with B&O.Now that's a sound system.
Old 12-31-14, 10:32 AM
SlangBlade
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjscsix
What is important to YOU in music reproduction? The ML has great clarity and imaging, and fair bass response (but much better than the ML in the 2010 I had). I personally would not have bought the car without it.
Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
I find the Mark Levinson system in my 2014 GS very good and i would not buy one without it. I got a 2013 GS loaner without ML and i notice a big difference in quality and sound positioning.
I agree with the two of you. I've heard both and would not buy one without it. While I'm no audiophile, I can hear the difference and think it's well-worth the price of admission.

I noticed that the stock system in the 2IS was well beyond the stock system in the 3IS and probably much closer the the ML in the 3IS. I think Lexus is skimping on stock systems more so now than in the past; probably to increase sales of the ML option.
Old 12-31-14, 11:04 AM
ToyLexFAM
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find it interesting that some here state the B&O system sounds better than the ML when the great majority of comparisons rate the ML higher.

I've also owned a 2012 non-ML IS and a 2014 ML equipped IS, and the sound quality of the ML is much better (in my opinion).

I would not purchase a new Lexus without the ML system.
Old 12-31-14, 11:33 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

I'm pro ML. Tested out the 12 speaker premium system and while it sounds good, it doesn't hold a candle to the 17 speaker ML system. It's a must have in my book.
Old 12-31-14, 11:51 AM
tknx
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in the pro-ML class.
Old 12-31-14, 08:54 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
I find the Mark Levinson system in my 2014 GS very good and i would not buy one without it. I got a 2013 GS loaner without ML and i notice a big difference in quality and sound positioning. I am **** with my audio systems and my last car had a built Alpine audio system which Wowed anyone who heard it. What i did notice is sat radio sounded better on the NON Mark Levinson system than the one with the ML system.
Ditto. I drove a GS loaner without ML until my GS F Sport arrived. Sat radio is better on non-ML but MP3 is much better on ML. I love the sound of the ML in my GS. It would be a deal-breaker for me.

Re: the B&O system, I had it in my Audi S5. It was okay but nowhere near the quality of the ML system in the GS. But then, it only cost an additional $900. In an A6 or A7, it is an additional $6,000, so it should be great. It is even more expensive in an A8, so it should sound like Sting is sitting on your lap singing.

Last edited by dseag2; 12-31-14 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-31-14, 09:29 PM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
Ditto. I drove a GS loaner without ML until my GS F Sport arrived. Sat radio is better on non-ML but MP3 is much better on ML. I love the sound of the ML in my GS. It would be a deal-breaker for me.

Re: the B&O system, I had it in my Audi S5. It was okay but nowhere near the quality of the ML system in the GS. But then, it only cost an additional $900. In an A6 or A7, it is an additional $6,000, so it should be great. It is even more expensive in an A8, so it should sound like Sting is sitting on your lap singing.
You could have chosen any beautiful female singer for that statement you said but you chose sting? I'd rather have Taylor Swift, Adriana Grande, Selena Gomez, Carrie Underwood or any Korean girl band pop stars"if your into asians" but you had to choose sting? Just Saying... 😉

Quick Reply: No Mark Levinson- deal breaker?