GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS350 FSPORT stock exhaust different than GS350?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-15 | 02:47 PM
rebornkhj
Driver School Candidate

Default GS350 FSPORT stock exhaust different than GS350?

I was always wondering the difference between stock GS350 FSPORT exhaust vs GS350.
Are they same exhaust system? or Lexus added like sport exhaust on Fsport model?
Old 01-02-15 | 05:18 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

No difference. I wish they went for something more aggressive like some of the aftermarkets out there, even just axel back upgrade, for the F-sports. But I am glad that the GS doesn't have that lame system on the NX that plays synthetic engine sounds through the speakers.
Old 01-02-15 | 07:45 PM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by dchar
No difference. I wish they went for something more aggressive like some of the aftermarkets out there, even just axel back upgrade, for the F-sports. But I am glad that the GS doesn't have that lame system on the NX that plays synthetic engine sounds through the speakers.
I think it does pipe in some sort of induction or exhaust "noise".

I wish they would get rid of the stupid finishers that are not even connected to the pipes. I think they are awful.
Old 01-02-15 | 07:54 PM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah the GS does have some artificial noise. I think it sounds fine, probably the best sounding (stock) vehicle I have ever had. Some review I read stated lexus had tweaked the '14 to sound a little beefier. I'll have to see if I can find it.

My intake (or something from the passenger side of my car) has a leak. Sometimes under WOT my car makes like a pooping/rattle noise. Super disappointing and sad.

Last edited by sick21; 01-02-15 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-02-15 | 09:32 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I think it does pipe in some sort of induction or exhaust "noise".

I wish they would get rid of the stupid finishers that are not even connected to the pipes. I think they are awful.
It does have an intake sound generator, but it is actual sounds that the engine is making being sent into the cabin rather than a soundtrack being played through the speakers. No fake exhaust sounds being played either. A lot of new BMWs have engine soundtracks being played through the speakers. I hope that doesn't become a trend.

I agree with getting rid of the finishers on the bumper. They should make them actual exhausts tips, similar to the ones on the RC.

Intake does sound different on my 2015 compared to my 2013. Seems deeper and throaty sounding. Idk whether Lexus just made some chambers bigger or something, but I like it.
Old 01-02-15 | 11:20 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

there is no difference with the stock and the f sport. They both have the same exhaust. The sound is a bit artificial, they tried to make it sound like a V8. I rarely hear it because I like cruising quiet and smooth.
Old 01-03-15 | 05:06 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by dchar
It does have an intake sound generator, but it is actual sounds that the engine is making being sent into the cabin rather than a soundtrack being played through the speakers. No fake exhaust sounds being played either. A lot of new BMWs have engine soundtracks being played through the speakers. I hope that doesn't become a trend.

I agree with getting rid of the finishers on the bumper. They should make them actual exhausts tips, similar to the ones on the RC.

Intake does sound different on my 2015 compared to my 2013. Seems deeper and throaty sounding. Idk whether Lexus just made some chambers bigger or something, but I like it.
I actually think the car sounds like sh&t under acceleration. Kind of a "moaning" sound to it.
Old 01-03-15 | 06:35 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jjscsix
I actually think the car sounds like sh&t under acceleration. Kind of a "moaning" sound to it.
Under normal acceleration or wot? Somewhere else I stated that it kind of drones or something under normal acceleration. Almost cvt like. Especially in Eco mode.
Old 01-03-15 | 07:02 AM
1111GS

I guess the difference that one may experience is rather from the AVS in S+ in F Sport and Luxury. I personally like the sound when I push the car from a stop in S+ or down shifting while cruising.
I always hear compliment about the 911. I was at a gas station once and the guy floored his to take off. Not that I can afford a 911 but I personally don't like how it sounds. I personally prefer the sound from GTR/Infiniti. I guess I'm not a car guy.
Old 01-03-15 | 07:24 AM
sick21
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bnlexus
I personally prefer the sound from GTR/Infiniti. I guess I'm not a car guy.
The fact that you have a preference, have payed attention and know the difference definitely makes you a car guy.
The following users liked this post:
RichardB23 (09-25-19)
Old 01-03-15 | 07:43 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Don't feel bad, I think Porsches sound horrible. My friend is a Porsche fanatic and I look over at him with a weird face everytime we hear one because it sounds so clunky. Almost sounds like the car is about to fall apart.

Personally I prefer a mix of electric/growl like the Ferrari, but that's just me.
Old 01-03-15 | 09:07 AM
jjscsix
Racer

Originally Posted by sick21
Under normal acceleration or wot? Somewhere else I stated that it kind of drones or something under normal acceleration. Almost cvt like. Especially in Eco mode.
I'd say any time under load at any throttle opening.
Old 01-04-15 | 02:15 AM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MEAHT
Don't feel bad, I think Porsches sound horrible. My friend is a Porsche fanatic and I look over at him with a weird face everytime we hear one because it sounds so clunky. Almost sounds like the car is about to fall apart.

Personally I prefer a mix of electric/growl like the Ferrari, but that's just me.
Porsches do sound super awful from dead stop and even worse while idling. Like a box of bolts being jostled around inside a metal trash can. However....when you really put your foot into them, they will make the hair on your neck stand up. They don't sound good until 120+ mph on a track, and then they sound wonderful.

The worst part about that is nobody spends much time above 120 except owners in Der Vaterland on the Autobahn. The rest of us hear a Porsche and cringe.

Perfect example for a few seconds: (skip to 6:10 or so, embed left the start point out)
Old 01-04-15 | 06:16 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

That guy is quite a car salesman..........everything is "really cool!".
Old 01-04-15 | 09:33 PM
HDEddie1
Driver

Default At least they're different from 3G's mufflers.

Not sure if they're the same throughout the 4G line up but at least they're different sounding compared to the quiet 3G exhaust I use to have. Lexus pic shows difference in baffles, piping, chamber design between the two generations.

Originally Posted by rebornkhj
I was always wondering the difference between stock GS350 FSPORT exhaust vs GS350.
Are they same exhaust system? or Lexus added like sport exhaust on Fsport model?
Attached Thumbnails GS350 FSPORT stock exhaust different than GS350?-11-11-25-lexus-gs-exhausts.jpg  

Last edited by HDEddie1; 01-04-15 at 09:38 PM.

Quick Reply: GS350 FSPORT stock exhaust different than GS350?