GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus debuts 2016 GS F (Pictures Starting on Page 8)

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-15, 08:47 PM
ubiquity
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I test drove an S6 today. As much as I love my 4GS, the GS-F will have to kick *** if it's priced within the same range ($70-90k)
Old 08-30-15, 05:01 AM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by ubiquity
I test drove an S6 today. As much as I love my 4GS, the GS-F will have to kick *** if it's priced within the same range ($70-90k)
only good thing about audis is the awd, everything else garbage.
they break down quite a bit, not worth it
Old 08-30-15, 06:51 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
I'm not even going to qualify that generalization.

I'm on my 3rd S5 and have never had any issues with any of them. Also, I haven't noticed anything about the car that I would call "garbage".
Old 08-31-15, 09:21 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am wondering if there will more than one wheel choice? I really like the base wheels on the RC F?
Old 08-31-15, 10:50 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I'm not even going to qualify that generalization.

I'm on my 3rd S5 and have never had any issues with any of them. Also, I haven't noticed anything about the car that I would call "garbage".
It's a generalization like stereotypes. Everyone and their brother knows someone with a terrible audi reliability story from a friend. My buddy's A4 was in the shop more than he drove it.
Old 08-31-15, 11:36 AM
bokmeipai
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
Not true new and modern Audi's have come along way. My 2014 S6 is coming up to 2 years in 3mos. and not have any issues with it. I had an 07 GS350 which I sold after 2 years, had buyers remorse within the first 3 mos. It was a nice ride but the handling and quality was crap. It had dash rattles and after 5 attempts to fix itI gave up, one time they attepted a TSB on it and they cracked the windshield resulting in them replacing it.. Had F-sport sway bars put in by dealer and they thumped and clunked every time it hit a bump and was told thats the way it is. The power tilting mirror started to barely tilt when reversing and again was told there's nothing wrong with it from 2 different dealers. Maybe the current gen. GS is better but the 07's were crap. I been thru a bunch of BMW's beside the Lexus and by far Audi's have been the best IMO.
Old 08-31-15, 12:08 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by LexISguy
I am wondering if there will more than one wheel choice? I really like the base wheels on the RC F?
Somehow the base wheels on the RCF looks better than the option wheels. It should be the other way around.
Old 08-31-15, 05:35 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by bokmeipai
Not true new and modern Audi's have come along way. My 2014 S6 is coming up to 2 years in 3mos. and not have any issues with it. I had an 07 GS350 which I sold after 2 years, had buyers remorse within the first 3 mos. It was a nice ride but the handling and quality was crap. It had dash rattles and after 5 attempts to fix itI gave up, one time they attepted a TSB on it and they cracked the windshield resulting in them replacing it.. Had F-sport sway bars put in by dealer and they thumped and clunked every time it hit a bump and was told thats the way it is. The power tilting mirror started to barely tilt when reversing and again was told there's nothing wrong with it from 2 different dealers. Maybe the current gen. GS is better but the 07's were crap. I been thru a bunch of BMW's beside the Lexus and by far Audi's have been the best IMO.
well your story is the exception, but most audis dont last and they break, thats a fact. They drive
better than a lexus, i'll give you that, but nothing else special about them. Only german car i would ever get is a porsche. Lexus too has issues, but far less than audi. I cant tell you how many audis ive seen broken down on side of road. My neighbor just leased one and she had to take it back for repairs. In shop for 2 weeks on a loaner. Ridiculous.
anyway back on trak to the gs-f. anxiously awaiting its arrival. Surprised no new videos on it yet like the LX has.
Old 09-01-15, 06:52 AM
LexISguy
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Somehow the base wheels on the RCF looks better than the option wheels. It should be the other way around.
True I am not liking the wheels on the GS F hopefully there will be more options...
Old 09-01-15, 07:11 AM
95bat
Racer

Received 1,311 Likes on 672 Posts

It seems you dislike Lexus quite a bit... why are you on a Lexus forum? Just to troll?

Originally Posted by LexISguy
True I am not liking the wheels on the GS F hopefully there will be more options...
I must be the odd man out... I like the GS F wheels more than any of the RC F or current GS wheels
Old 09-01-15, 10:00 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

They shoulda just put the TE37 Superlap on the GS and call it a damn day!

Old 09-01-15, 10:30 AM
Diesel350
Lexus Champion

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

The 2014 S6 had a safety recall for a fuel leak. Was your car not part of that recall?
Old 09-02-15, 01:55 PM
T4Fun
Racer

this is getting most annoying. Dont know wtf lexus is thinking releasing this later during winter.

most would not drive it in winter anyway, so whats the point of buying it later this year?

lexus, get your act together. This car should of been released in spring!
Old 09-02-15, 04:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

didn't lexus also release the rcf late last year or early this year during winter time?
Old 09-02-15, 09:08 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Originally Posted by rominl
didn't lexus also release the rcf late last year or early this year during winter time?
probably. shame on them.
most people buy cars in spring that i know. Last time i bot a car in winter it had salt corrosion all under it and the dealer took it back. crazy. never EVER buy a car during winter or if its been transported during a snow storm. you just never know

Quick Reply: Lexus debuts 2016 GS F (Pictures Starting on Page 8)