GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-15, 08:47 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Wait a minute... I think I'm confusing this with my Camry nav. I know on my Camry the nav stops when ur on the phone but not sure if the GS is the same now. I'll go try it out tomorrow.
Old 01-07-15, 08:56 AM
orbital517
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
8- Changed the turn signal auto flash from 3 blinks to 5 blinks, 3 just seemed like not enough time to make most lane changes and 5 is just right for me
How did you change this? I tried looking on all the settings tabs and couldn't find it.
Old 01-07-15, 09:00 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pacmanmmgs
Trying to figure out how to roll down all the windows and open sun roof with the remote. I hold it down but it doesn't work.

1) Changed easy exit driver seat to partial. Full crushes the legs of rear passengers.

2) Lowered nav instruction volume to 1. Too loud when I'm on the phone and nav giving directions.

3) Automatic climate control increases 2 degrees instead of default 4 through voice control.
Thanks for the comments, I had forgotten I too turned off the easy exit seat altogether. The steering wheel still moves up and out of the way for easy enough entry and exit for my liking. I did try partial as well first, just didnt find it necessary and actually found it easier to get out without the seat lowering.

It was kind of funny first time with a full GS when I hopped out of the car quickly and the seat moved so far back it trapped my Dad back there!!
Old 01-07-15, 09:07 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bclexus
Oh, okay. Thanks! I thought he was talking about the TFT multi-information display between the tach and speedometer.
Itzfilyo is correct, I did mean the interface buttons on the 12.3 NAV screen. I much prefer the subtle beige/goldish color in my classy Atomic Silver/Black GS over Windows 7 super blue scorchin' the screen!

Maybe if the car exterior was Ultra Sonic Blue I would have left it alone!
Old 01-07-15, 09:15 AM
tknx
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had no idea there was a dealer image function. I would murder my dealer if I had to see that crap all the time.
Old 01-07-15, 09:38 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tnofam
What's the exact setting for this? I went to change this but was presented with 2 different door unlock settings and didn't know which one it was. Was messing with it while waiting for the wife to come out of the house and haven't had time to look at it again.

Thanks for posting this by the way.
Glad you appreciate the post, it seemed necessary with all the features in this fine machine!

For this customization I did it with the engine running and the vehicle stopped and in Park. It may also work with the engine switch set to on, not certain about that though.

To change this go to Menu, Setup, Vehicle Customization, Door Lock Settings, and finally "Select Doors to Unlock" - then set it to "All Doors" (drivers door is default).

Here are the screen shots for fun, and also you all can see the interface button color gold/beige vs the Windows 7 pc blue, then decide what feels right for your Lexus!

Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks-rmljyjz.jpg

Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks-gulnz9r.jpg

Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks-o0noy4x.jpg

Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks-qszhdxh.jpg

Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks-qtpdyv2.jpg

Hope this helps
Old 01-07-15, 09:47 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by orbital517
How did you change this? I tried looking on all the settings tabs and couldn't find it.

There was thread about this. I thought these were the easiest instructions.
The following users liked this post:
rmes350F (08-29-18)
Old 01-07-15, 10:03 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by popping
It's the unlock. Not lock.
Just to confirm this is for the '15 models right? 13-14' need Carista app or dealer to do it.
Old 01-07-15, 10:05 AM
exjd111
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dchar

There was thread about this. I thought these were the easiest instructions.
Dealer will do this for you at no charge. I had it done at my last oil change.
Old 01-07-15, 10:07 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe166
How did you get rid of the dealer images? I don't have it on mine, but my wife has it on her 2014 GS and hates it.
I know the feeling.. Good news is that's all about to change!! Well, I hope.. Mine is a 2015 with the 12.3 Nav so I hope its the same for you.

Go to the Menu, Setup, General, Customize Images, Delete Images, then find the blatant marketing Dealer installed pic and DELETE away! I would give you the screenshots but I just found out I cant hit the "Delete Images" option anymore. There are 3 main images from Lexus you can choose to see at the startup screen, and it seems these cannot be deleted since the button is greyed out and disabled for me now.

Of these there is the Lexus logo as the default we all know (and love!), an impressionistic outlined profile of the GS, or a detailed GS grill shot you can choose from if you want to mix things up when starting the car. It appears you can also upload yuor own images from USB and choose to see those as well, but I havent messed with this stuff yet. It may be fun to get creative here with a beautiful mountain view, your own company logo, naked ladies, skulls, Fuji Raceway, a picture of your family or pets, heck you name it!
Old 01-07-15, 10:11 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by exjd111
Dealer will do this for you at no charge. I had it done at my last oil change.
Thanks for posting this here, this is the most labor intensive customization and according to the manual must be done at the dealer. But these instructions are exactly how I did it!

Just make sure to change the wiper setting to the desired number of flashes before you start the sequence.
Old 01-07-15, 10:23 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
Just to confirm this is for the '15 models right? 13-14' need Carista app or dealer to do it.
Wish I could be more help I have the 2015. But there is a section in the owners manual for all the available customized settings that tells you everything that can be changed and whether its a NAV change, display change, or dealer made change. Again mine is a 2015, but I would think your manual would outline your MY options in the same way.

Believe it or not.. I read the entire manual, customized settings were on page 561!!
Old 01-07-15, 10:35 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Instructions to change (or Add) Startup Image HERE - See Page 55
Old 01-07-15, 10:45 AM
chenalex
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atomic350F
Thanks for posting this here, this is the most labor intensive customization and according to the manual must be done at the dealer. But these instructions are exactly how I did it!

Just make sure to change the wiper setting to the desired number of flashes before you start the sequence.
My car is at Jim Falk Lexus right now for the 5k service, and I took it in specifically to ask to change the number of flashes for the turn signals, but they said it can't be changed
Old 01-07-15, 11:02 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,175 Likes on 1,558 Posts

Originally Posted by chenalex
My car is at Jim Falk Lexus right now for the 5k service, and I took it in specifically to ask to change the number of flashes for the turn signals, but they said it can't be changed
Tell them to look HERE - Item #38 (It's the same for the GS)

Last edited by bclexus; 01-07-15 at 11:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Customized Settings: Tips and Tricks