GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Pre-Owned 2013 GS350 Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-15, 06:01 AM
sohor1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just joined the forum to see what members are paying, I am looking for a 13' GS Fsport..and am also working with a friend who has a dealer's license..don't let your dealer tell you he's losing. Here's an example of a low mileage f-sport for a great price. I was going to pick it up, but our schedules didn't jive to be in person to bid.

Old 01-08-15, 06:25 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sohor1
I just joined the forum to see what members are paying, I am looking for a 13' GS Fsport..and am also working with a friend who has a dealer's license..don't let your dealer tell you he's losing. Here's an example of a low mileage f-sport for a great price. I was going to pick it up, but our schedules didn't jive to be in person to bid.

That GS with that mileage would be at least $42K on a Lexus lot.
Old 01-08-15, 10:32 AM
johnphan79
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I seen cheaper outside of Lexus CPO. But, i rather pay a little more for CPO vehicle. Its saved me lots of money in the long run. Specially, the first 3 yrs.

CPO give you 3 full years of coverage as like you bought the car as brand new.

If you purchase anywhere outside the Lexus CPO, your car doesnt come with the 3yrs warranty. Granted, your car with low mileage. But your original 3 yrs is about to run out.

So good luck.
Old 01-08-15, 10:39 AM
sohor1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by johnphan79
Hi,

I seen cheaper outside of Lexus CPO. But, i rather pay a little more for CPO vehicle. Its saved me lots of money in the long run. Specially, the first 3 yrs.

CPO give you 3 full years of coverage as like you bought the car as brand new.

If you purchase anywhere outside the Lexus CPO, your car doesnt come with the 3yrs warranty. Granted, your car with low mileage. But your original 3 yrs is about to run out.

So good luck.
If it was a BMW I'd be more concerned. Not worried about a 2 year old lexus with 12k miles.
Old 01-08-15, 10:42 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sohor1
If it was a BMW I'd be more concerned. Not worried about a 1.5 year old lexus with 12k miles.
You can buy a discounted Lexus Platinum extended warranty from Toby Rivers at Lexus of Shreveport..
I just did..
Old 01-08-15, 11:12 AM
superi0ro1
Rookie

Just picked up a 13 Gs350 F-sport with 24k miles CPO for 37 k ++++.
Old 01-08-15, 11:24 AM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I echo and agree mid 30's for non F Sport, depending on mileage and condition.

The dealer will price a cpo higher, but truthfully they will buy the car at auction for the same as any used car - real low. Then they have their mechanics fill out a form based on the CPO checks which only take a few hours labor at most. So dont pay thousands more for CPO, haggle just the same...

You still have factory warranty either way, but CPO gives you coverage until the car hits 100k on the odometer which is nice. You can get low interest rates either way too (cpo or not) . Shop for a loan first, and then let the dealer try to beat it to get the best possible rate. Credit Unions are hard to beat for this.

You are already ahead of the game especially going long term with Lexus over them other brands for reliability and resale value, nice work!

Good luck and hope your Mom gets something she can love for a long time to come.
Old 01-08-15, 12:55 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

There is almost always a 'reason' (and not a favorable reason) why a low mileage Lexus is sold AT AUCTION (like the one shown above). A LEMON LAW vehicle is often the reason...and they are usually priced ~10% - 15% lower. And, they carry that 'Lemon Law' stigma and discount throughout the car's life.
Old 01-08-15, 03:18 PM
phant0m
Driver School Candidate

Well they dropped it down $1000 to $43,563 out the door.

I am going to aim for $40k out the door and see what they say. The car fax shows that it's been on the lot since the beginning of last month.
Old 01-09-15, 12:24 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

For reference you can go to Lexus cpo site and see all cpo's in your area currenlty available and compare pricing. See what else is available out there, even without haggling!

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/

Plug in your zip, search by model, sort by price:low to high..

Hope this helps the cause!
Old 01-11-15, 07:11 AM
MrDuke
Driver School Candidate

That manheim auction screenshot shows a mmr price. That's just a estimated starting bid. And absolutely not what that car will sell for. There are also auction fees and shipping costs associated with that. Unless you are near that particular facility.

The rating was a 4.2 which is also a good rating. There are a multitude of reasons why a that car would sell it at auction. Most of the time it's Toyota credit selling the car because it's a lease turn in. When you turn in your lease either you can buy it the dealer can buy it or Toyota motor credit will sell it at the auction.

I just bought mine thru manheim. 13 fsport with 19k for $36500 had a few minor blemishes but easily fixed. If you buy one from a dealer for under $40k for a fsport 20-25k you have gotten a decent deal.
Old 01-11-15, 10:04 PM
CBS70
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL.. i Agreed.

But here another thing might give u a kick.

There isn't any financing program available for CPO at 72 month finance with APR at 1.9%.

Well, i got it.

The finance manager were like "Where the F did you came up with this APR at 1.9% on a 72 month to the floor manager"?
Well, finance manager told the floor manager. He have to cover the lost due to the APR offered to me was to low. No bank offer at the rates. The lowest theyre can offer is 2.9%.

Estimated would cost him about $2,500.00 less after 72 month.

Here my monthly.... $602.62 x 72mon + $500.00 down. ($602.62 monthly also included GAP

insurance)

Just got my bill from the Finance company..... and the number above is correct.

After 72 month, estimate this car would cost me $43,888.64.

At that price, doesn't seem like you need gap insurance. great job!!! I picked up a 13' Fsport liquid platinum with flaxen and 7000 on the odometer for $39000 also from Keyes....no gap insurance.
Old 01-11-15, 11:15 PM
V8Lex
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

I got my CPO Lexus GS350 F - Sport 30K miles Black w/ Flaxen about 3 week ago.

Original list price is $57K ---
CPO listing price is $42K -

Car been in the lots of over 30 days... according to Carfax.

Well, test drove it 10 days before I bought it.

Within the 10 days. I been in contact w/ my sale rep.

At the end.... We'll I got it for $36,809.00 + tax.

According to the dealer... They're really in the hole when they're selling me this car.

So good luck.
Damn thats a pretty good price. Still can't decide if I want the IS-F or GS350 F tho

I think they're having 1.9 for 48 and 2.9 for 60 for Jan.

Last edited by V8Lex; 01-11-15 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-11-15, 11:16 PM
SanDeezy
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=johnphan79;8857928]
Originally Posted by popping
37809.00 is just a weird number to me. Usually whole numbers area thrown around (I. E. 37800, 37850, 37500 etc)

I Agreed with you on the number things.... but since I negotiated down to a pennies with them. So theyre gave in.

See the pic is my actual Purchase Contract. ;-)

NICE! My first payment is on the 28th
Old 01-18-15, 02:18 AM
ckrjax
Driver School Candidate

I've been looking for a 2013 CPO GS for a little over a week. Maybe the market here in Florida is hotter for these than where you guys are, but I'm not seeing anything anywhere near the mid-30's for these. I'd love to get some opinions on what I'm looking at.

I'm currently negotiating a 2013 that the dealer just received on lease return at their sister dealership on 12/30 that is about to go through the CPO process. It has 22k miles, nebula grey w/black interior and linear expresso, luxury package, ML surround, and parking assist. The car hadn't been cleaned or anything yet when I saw it, but it still looked good and still had some of the new leather smell. The front bumper side had some white pain scuffs down it that he said they were going to fix during the CPO process. They haven't listed it yet, but the sales person told me they were going to list it for $43.9k but he offered it to me at $40.5k (since I was a returning Lexus owner, had been in there before, etc...) for a total of $44.2k OTD (they have a $798 dealer fee). The most he's been willing to come down to is just at $40k for a total of $43.7 OTD. I was trying to get as close to $40k OTD as possible. I had walked away yesterday to "sleep on it" when I couldn't even get him to $42k OTD, even after talking with the sales manager.

What do you guys think is the most fair for this in this market? There was another exactly like this that I lost out on last week from another dealer that they had quoted me $39.5k and $42.6k OTD. They sold it while I was waiting on the sales person to send me the OTD breakdown.

The only other comp I have is one just north of me that doesn't have the Luxury package, the ML or the linear expresso (which is my fav) that told me the aforementioned one was a great deal but said he could go to $42k OTD on his. From the Carfax, they've had that one since September?

Quick Reply: Pre-Owned 2013 GS350 Pricing?