GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

3 lock engine start

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-15, 05:55 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Received 166 Likes on 74 Posts

I also found that the car doesn't always start even though I get the flashing turn signal lights. When that occurs, the starter just clicks once and then nothing happens. I mentioned it to my dealer and he said that many people are complaining about that and the enForm remote start - basically a known issue with no result yet.
Old 01-29-15, 06:01 AM
cyberdavek
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a call from my dealer this week. They let me know there is a software update that is supposed to fix the remote start feature. Its going to be installed Friday this week, I can follow up and let you know how it goes.
Old 02-11-15, 05:25 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cyberdavek
I got a call from my dealer this week. They let me know there is a software update that is supposed to fix the remote start feature. Its going to be installed Friday this week, I can follow up and let you know how it goes.
Did the update fix it? And what specifically was the update so I can ask my dealer for the same thing. Thanks.
Old 02-11-15, 06:49 AM
edittman1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, it won't shut off when I open the door with that patch?
Old 02-11-15, 06:55 AM
cyberdavek
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by marjenmill
Did the update fix it? And what specifically was the update so I can ask my dealer for the same thing. Thanks.

Yes this did fix my problems. I have a 2015 so I also have the remote start via the Enform App. After having the update done, my car has ALWAYS started with doing the 2 clicks + hold method and using the app on my phone.

I'm not sure what the name of the update was or what version numbers I was being updated to. I do know that my service guy told me that the remote starts fail when the car thinks its battery is too low. The update adjusts the sensitivity of what is "too low." I'm also not sure if this update is for everybody or just people with 2015.

Hopefully that helps and sorry for the slow update. I wanted to make sure it fixed the problem before I posted anything and I honestly don't use the remote start feature that often.
Old 02-11-15, 06:56 AM
edittman1
Rookie

Very cool! I'll have to take mine in.
Old 02-11-15, 06:56 AM
cyberdavek
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by edittman1
So, it won't shut off when I open the door with that patch?
The engine still shuts off after opening the door with this update. I think Lexus views getting into a car that's running as a safety concern. I think Toyota is overly careful these days after that gas pedal thing a few years ago.
Old 02-11-15, 06:58 AM
edittman1
Rookie

Originally Posted by cyberdavek
The engine still shuts off after opening the door with this update. I think Lexus views getting into a car that's running as a safety concern. I think Toyota is overly careful these days after that gas pedal thing a few years ago.
Ugh, then what is the point? I won't ever use this most likely.
Old 02-11-15, 07:34 AM
2GSKaizen
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The "Battery Voltage Too Low" error affects 2015 LS GS and ES models. In a nutshell, the guys at Lexus made a mistake when programming the values for determining a "Low Battery" . A drop of (I think) .1 volts or more has been seen triggering this "Low Battery Voltage" error on the remote starters. Due to the 20 something onboard computers, there is always a fair amount of battery drain when the car is off (at least when compared to cars from a decade ago). The most prevalent instance is as follows. Customer comes home, parks the car in the garage. The battery charge when he parks the car is 12.4 volts The car then sits for 24 hours or more without a start. Next time the customer goes to start the car they try and use the Enform Remote App. Car sees the batter has dropped from 12.4v to 12.3v. Car won't start. The update done by the dealer remedies this and greatly expands the amount of voltage that can drop on the battery without triggering this issue.
Old 02-11-15, 09:35 AM
ckelly14
Driver

Starting the car with the remote worked for about 2 weeks but now I get a communication error each time I try to start the car in my driveway. Door lock feature works however.

I think I'll try to update and see if that is effective.
Old 02-12-15, 10:12 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

I went to the dealer today and they updated my car computer and now the fob will start the car. Time will tell if it continues. Haven't tested the enForm remote, but hope that will work more often too.
Old 02-13-15, 01:33 PM
lexusbiker
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2015 goes thru all the signal flash sequences then just goes Clunk. I called the service guy and he told me mine doesn't support this without an additional module. what should I do now?
Old 02-14-15, 05:14 AM
marjenmill
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lexusbiker
My 2015 goes thru all the signal flash sequences then just goes Clunk. I called the service guy and he told me mine doesn't support this without an additional module. what should I do now?
Find another dealer and ask them about the software update.
Old 02-17-15, 09:31 PM
Vizzy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 2013 GS that came with the RES installed from the dealer. My lease will be up next month I'm looking at the 2015 gs F sport. Is RES standard now on all 2015 modes now? because I don't see the option when I go to build the car on the lexus site.
Old 02-18-15, 01:35 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 230 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Vizzy
I have a 2013 GS that came with the RES installed from the dealer. My lease will be up next month I'm looking at the 2015 gs F sport. Is RES standard now on all 2015 modes now? because I don't see the option when I go to build the car on the lexus site.
On the 2015, RES is no longer needed/offered. Instead, it comes standard with Enform Remote, which does performs similarly. You get the app which allows remote start, lock, unlock, location service, and setup of limits. It also includes the 3-clicks on key fob to start. Car still shuts off when door is opened. First year is free, but subscription is $220/year because they tie in Safety Connect. I don't plan to renew it when it expires.

Quick Reply: 3 lock engine start