GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Why not more Atomic Silver GSs???

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-15, 10:36 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by HDEddie1
Well they're popular here (west cost) as I googled about a dozen Lexus dealers inventory and most had at least one Atomic Silver GS. Problem for me was that they're either black or cabernet interiors for the F Sport. Not that black or cabernet is bad, but I was looking for the FLAXEN interior. Once seeing it in the catalogue and the online configurator I was smitten. But NONE to be found on the west coast. I just think Atomic Silver complements the flaxen interior and vice versa.

But alas, seeing an ATOMIC Silver in person, parked next to a Nebula Gray and Liquid Platinum, I just caved! I knew I was going home with that puppy that day...I just signed on the dotted line, black interior and all. Forgot about even custom ordering.
It seems like custom orders are 4-6 months out, so Atomic silver with black will have to do.
And yes...it is a unique color. It looks different in bright light, at dusk, or under garage lighting.

And maybe its just me but the color just seems to accentuate the subtle lines of the car (in a nice way). Anyone even thinking about a silver or gray 2015 GS owes it to themselves to park a Nebula, Platinum, and Atomic side by side...you'll see what I mean.

Wish I could show you the car with better pic but I only know how to attach this tiny thumbnail pic:
Love the way the atomic silver looks, especially in sun its a great color mix.
Old 02-09-15, 10:46 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Originally Posted by pbateson
Never heard of Atomic Sliver color, but Liquid Platinum is better in my opinion. My '07 GS is LP color.
You've never heard of or seen the color but LP is better?

Your 07 is not LP, LP was new in 2013. From the picture in your sig your 07 is a pearl white color. LP is silver.
Old 02-10-15, 07:08 AM
ISF*LYF
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A/S with cab here...I think it is stunning. I saw the nebula and other silver type. The addition of the Atomic color for 2015 was a great idea. Some eye candy after a quick warshh!
Attached Thumbnails Why not more Atomic Silver GSs???-image.jpg  
Old 02-10-15, 08:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,715 Likes on 1,944 Posts

Very nice! I really like the color.
Old 02-11-15, 12:06 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I've seen the pics posted by a couple of owners. I also saw an Atomic Silver GS F Sport on the road the other day and it was unbelievable. Even the Atomic Silver ISs stand out. Am I the only one that thinks the color looks great on the GS or are there just not that many to be had? IMHO, Atomic Silver/Cabernet would be the ultimate combo.
i would say something about this color but i am probably biased. just a little
Old 02-11-15, 07:52 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i would say something about this color but i am probably biased. just a little
Yes, I'll bet you are. Still my favorite Lexus color!
Old 02-12-15, 01:00 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There will be more as time passes, it is a new color for 2015 GS350's..

I was set to get Ultra White until I saw this in person and changed my mind on the spot. The shade falls in between Nebula Gray and Liquid Platinum, yet it adds a layer of depth with fine gold metallic flakes when the sun is out - it really pops!! Really pairs nicely with the graphite colored wheels and black interior with aluminum(ish) trim. The color is both elegant and aggressive at the same time, and pictures do not come close to doing this beautiful color justice!

Since you want "MORE", here is my beauty...

Attachment 495015

Attachment 495016

Attachment 495017

Attachment 495018

Attachment 495019

Attachment 495020
Old 02-12-15, 01:05 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

I dont have a great pic of the entire car in the sun yet sadly.. but here is a shot of the bumper (after I installed the plugs) so you can see the subtle hue of gold as it reflects the sunlight!

Attachment 494737
Old 02-12-15, 07:57 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

AS is a color that is impossible to capture in pics, but when you see one on the road... BAM!
Old 02-13-15, 04:49 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Very sharp looking

Here's a walk around video of an AS from Edmonton Lexus. Kinda of interesting the 2015 Canadian version still has the 18 inch snowflake rims.

Old 10-01-20, 01:48 AM
LEXNLG
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by HDEddie1
Well they're popular here (west cost) as I googled about a dozen Lexus dealers inventory and most had at least one Atomic Silver GS. Problem for me was that they're either black or cabernet interiors for the F Sport. Not that black or cabernet is bad, but I was looking for the FLAXEN interior. Once seeing it in the catalogue and the online configurator I was smitten. But NONE to be found on the west coast. I just think Atomic Silver complements the flaxen interior and vice versa.

But alas, seeing an ATOMIC Silver in person, parked next to a Nebula Gray and Liquid Platinum, I just caved! I knew I was going home with that puppy that day...I just signed on the dotted line, black interior and all. Forgot about even custom ordering.
It seems like custom orders are 4-6 months out, so Atomic silver with black will have to do.
And yes...it is a unique color. It looks different in bright light, at dusk, or under garage lighting.

And maybe its just me but the color just seems to accentuate the subtle lines of the car (in a nice way). Anyone even thinking about a silver or gray 2015 GS owes it to themselves to park a Nebula, Platinum, and Atomic side by side...you'll see what I mean.

Wish I could show you the car with better pic but I only know how to attach this tiny thumbnail pic:
I absolutely love love my Fire Agate with flaxen interior but this conversation is making me think about upgrading. :-)
Old 10-02-20, 11:18 AM
Dreamcast
Pit Crew

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I think AS works better on the IS because of the curves. In certain light it looks like liquid metal. But on the GS boxy shape it doesn't impress me much. I would get the UW if I had a choice again.
Old 10-02-20, 12:57 PM
CottageChz
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I think the atomic silver is a great color. I have seen a few AS f sports around here in Pittsburgh and they look very nice.

I had liquid plat for my first GS and now Smokey granite mica. I found the liquid platinum kind of boring. The Smokey granite mica looks awesome when clean but if you get a rock chip or scratch it really sucks because it will show white. I probably wouldn’t go with a dark color again because of that.

All that said, if I were buying new, atomic silver with black leather would be very high on my list. But I can’t be too picky when I’m buying used, so I try to get something I can live with.
The following users liked this post:
JDR76 (10-02-20)
Old 10-08-20, 11:29 PM
Atomic350F
Pole Position

Thanks for the resurrection here guys! Wow.

I no longer have my Atomic GS that you saw in those juicy pics right when I first got her back in 2015. I turned it in when my lease was done sadly because I work from home now and could not justify the expense as this was my distance commuter and my wife just did not want it for her commuter if you can believe that?!

But I can tell you surely every time I see a GS F Sport in atomic silver I still get chills, this was one beautiful machine to look at and drive and there is indeed a part of me that misses this car. Who knows maybe I will pick up a clean used one again one day, this car was that good!

And heck, looks like I still am a forum member too already!!
signdetres (10-09-20)
Old 02-11-22, 01:44 PM
MuaGS350
Pit Crew

Received 163 Likes on 68 Posts

BlueIS05 (02-11-22)

Quick Reply: Why not more Atomic Silver GSs???