vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What Dunlop tires are on the car
Old 06-01-15, 08:22 AM
fjholguin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is an update. I was preparing to go to Dallas on a Friday and finally drove it on the highway at speed to see what it would do. It began to have a lot of wheel movement at high speeds. I called the dealer and took it in. The service tech and advisor said they had drove it and there was nothing wrong. I was livid. when i brought it in i went to talk to my sales rep to update him. once the service tech said there was nothing wrong i went ape. I went into the show room looking for my sales rep and rather loudly told him about my 7th trip. Immediately i had the Service Director and Gm take me back to an office to discuss the issues. They put new tires on and i drove it to Dallas. It still had a lot of steering movement. I then took it to Corpus Christi and on the way back i took video of how much i was having to correct the steering on a staight and level road. I then took it back to the dealer( now dealing with the service director) He put me in a Demo GS350 F and i drove it for a week while he had them go over the front end. Well after a week i get it back and some of the high speed steering is better but now the steering feels like a Toyota. They told me they adjusted the bushings and did a few other adjustments to it. But it does not feel as tight as the demo nor does it require the same amount of steering force to move the wheel. I haven't had a chance for any high speed runs( 70-85mph) but hope to this week.
Overall I'm pretty disappointed in the whole process. Being told there is nothing wrong and then to have them replace the steering rack and have to make other adjustments is aggravating. I won't own a BMW again because of similar front end issues.
I love the car. Inside, outside, but the handling is one of the motivating factors for buying this. I went from a Infiniti G37S to this and feel the Infiniti was much better in handling and light years in service!
Old 06-01-15, 08:25 AM
fjholguin
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I originally had the Dunlops on it and now i have the Bridgestones. The Demo that i drove for a week had my old Dunlops on it and it defiantly wasn't the tires.
Old 06-01-15, 08:40 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

My car pulls slightly to the right and had 2 alignments already and everything looked good on paper, steering wheel is straight when I hold it but it'll pull slightly when I let it go.

Swapped the tires left and right and still the same. It's like the car's zero (straight) position wasn't calibrated right at the factory or something. That's the best I can think of. My CT is dead straight and has no pulls.

I put 40 PSI all around and it seemed to help a little but it's still there.