GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-15, 10:07 PM
jayemko
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Triguy
I like how when you put the GS in reverse, the side mirrors tilt down and out slightly so you can see the curb. They return to normal when you put the car in drive.
I just discovered this is totally adjustable!

Car is in reverse with foot on the brake,
While mirror button R was selected and my right mirror aimed down automatically, I used the arrows to adjust the endpoint for the tilt and remembers it. This doesn't effect the mirror's position while not in reverse.
While still in reverse, select mirror button L and use the arrows to aim the endpoint you prefer when backing up. I aimed the mirror downward like the right did automatically.
When you take the car out of reverse the mirrors return to their driving position. Only now when you put the car in reverse, both mirrors adjust to your specified downward locations, automatically.

I have yet to try setting different aims each for L and R to know if they can essentially be used as two presets.
The following 3 users liked this post by jayemko:
AlexDev (03-30-22), and3re (05-20-17), jonathancl (05-26-17)
Old 06-22-15, 07:27 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,124 Likes on 1,515 Posts

Originally Posted by jayemko
I just discovered this is totally adjustable!

Car is in reverse with foot on the brake,
While mirror button R was selected and my right mirror aimed down automatically, I used the arrows to adjust the endpoint for the tilt and remembers it. This doesn't effect the mirror's position while not in reverse.
While still in reverse, select mirror button L and use the arrows to aim the endpoint you prefer when backing up. I aimed the mirror downward like the right did automatically.
When you take the car out of reverse the mirrors return to their driving position. Only now when you put the car in reverse, both mirrors adjust to your specified downward locations, automatically.

I have yet to try setting different aims each for L and R to know if they can essentially be used as two presets.
I believe each seat position adjustment setting will save a different reverse side mirror adjustment setting...so each different driver (e.g. husband, wife, son) will have their own side mirror setting when in reverse.
Old 06-22-15, 09:51 AM
jayemko
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
I believe each seat position adjustment setting will save a different reverse side mirror adjustment setting...so each different driver (e.g. husband, wife, son) will have their own side mirror setting when in reverse.
Yes you are correct, I was just anticipating the question and had not tried it yet. However, this morning I confirmed that once the side-mirrors are set when reversing, the side-mirrors return to their adjusted angles regardless of which (L or R) button is selected.

■Linked mirror function when reversing
●When either “L” or “R” of the mirror select switch is selected, the outside rear view
mirrors will automatically angle downwards when the vehicle is reversing in order
to give a better view of the ground. To disable this function, select neither “L” nor
“R”.
●If the mirror angle adjustment switch is operated while the linked mirror function is
in operation, the angle and position of the mirrors can be remembered, and the
mirrors will operate at the angle adjusted to the last time the linked mirror function
was operated.
However, because the mirrors move based on the angle they are in when the linked
mirror function is not operating, the mirror angle when the linked mirror function is
operating will also be changed if the mirrors are adjusted while the function is not
operating.
As for the settings that can be associated with a driver (1, 2, or 3), they are: Driver's seat location, steering wheel, and side-view mirrors.

Your preferred driving position (the position of the driver’s seat, steering
wheel and outside rear view mirrors) can be memorized and
recalled by pressing a button. It is also possible to set this function to
activate automatically when the doors are unlocked.
Old 07-22-15, 05:23 PM
kmm
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

What annoyed me about the F Sport is that I couldn't go from Sport Plus back to Sport S mode.

I turn the **** clockwise and it goes from Normal to Sport S. Turn it clockwise again and it goes to Sport Plus. Turn the **** counterclockwise and I hoped it would go one program backwards. Nope-goes from Sport Plus to Normal.

Then today while in Sport Plus, I turned the **** clockwise.

Success-turning the **** clockwise toggles between Sport S and Sport Plus.
Old 08-08-15, 03:11 PM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Just found out that we now can do iPod video and A/V input! Can't wait to get home to get a cable to try out.
Old 08-09-15, 08:38 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 209 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 1101GS
Just found out that we now can do iPod video and A/V input! Can't wait to get home to get a cable to try out.
Really? On the 4GS? With or without a mod?

Details please.

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 08-10-15, 10:16 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Just figured this out...after ten months LOL
Old 08-11-15, 11:02 AM
1111GS

Received 91 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
Really? On the 4GS? With or without a mod?

Details please.

~ Im2bz2p345
It comes std on 15. Looks like a navi update to me since hardware looks the same. I can't get it to play yet. The tab is greyed out (not selectable)
Old 08-11-15, 11:52 AM
KJD3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Never really paid attention much attention to the nav screen when on the highway, but I thought that it was cool how it shows the signs.
Attached Thumbnails Whats your favorite discovered feature?-20150808_190031.jpg  
Old 08-11-15, 12:05 PM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by KJD3
Never really paid attention much attention to the nav screen when on the highway, but I thought that it was cool how it shows the signs.
I assume it's 2014 or 2015? I never noticed that in my 13'
Old 08-11-15, 12:12 PM
KJD3
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Originally Posted by GregCanada
Yes, it's a 2015. Must have been part of the interface update.
Old 10-09-15, 03:30 PM
DrDDay
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KJD3
Originally Posted by GregCanada
The traffic signs and speed limits being listed within the navigation system are part of the Gen 8 system updates, which came with the release of the 2015 GS. Gen 8 also includes free Traffic and Weather driven by the HDRadio service, whereas previous systems were subscription based through SiriusXM Data services.
Old 10-09-15, 03:51 PM
DrDDay
Driver

Originally Posted by popping
Just figured this out...after ten months LOL
Actually, that's made for proximity key cards for security gates. The old clear plastic windows that we used to have on our older models were for the purpose keeping your insurance and registration handy.
Old 10-09-15, 03:59 PM
DrDDay
Driver

Originally Posted by sam430
no, it works on bluetooth mode and app mode but you don't have to install any apps on the car. You might have to install chromecast on your phone - maybe.

then you can use the steering wheels to scroll back or forth, the youtube video. You will get only sound. You'll have to have a playlist though. You can create a playlist for yourself on youtube.
Anything that will play through the audio of your phone can and will be played through the audio system in your car if you have the vehicle and phone paired and connected and you have the BT Audio active. You do not need any special apps or settings.
Old 10-09-15, 04:02 PM
DrDDay
Driver

Originally Posted by jarabanos
Still finding hidden gems in this car. Today I noticed for the first time the led light strip underneath the door trim. Adding to my list of discovered features!
If you look closely, you'll notice that all of the interior lights of a 2013+ are LED. Nice little feature knowing that you'll never have to change a bulb.

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?