GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-15, 04:05 PM
DrDDay
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sarcoptic
When I got my car...I had to turn on auto parking brake and the auto wipers. Make sure and set those features up if you have them. Love the auto parking brake!
Be mindful to switch the Auto Wiper function off before you go through a car wash with this vehicle. A wash with jets only probably won't hurt the system much, but a car wash with brushes is undefeated all time when fighting with Rain Sensing Wiper systems.
Old 10-09-15, 04:22 PM
DrDDay
Driver

Originally Posted by Mike246
In all of these posts around favourite discovered feature, I am surprised that no mention has been made of the Speech Command system (which I only found after a year of owning the car).

Mine's a UK-spec 2014 F-Sport with ML audio but I cannot imagine that it is less-loaded than those sold in the US.

The Speech Command system operates from a single button on the right of the steering wheel. It instructs the navigation, cellphone and iPod devices. It does not need to learn vocal commands but offers choices and seeks confirmation - it is highly intuitive.

So, vocal commands like 'Enter an Address', 'Call the Wife' or 'Play Michael Buble' are instantly acted upon. In the last case it will line-up all the Buble tracks across albums on the iPod and play them sequentially.

How cool is that?
If your vehicle is a 2015, you will also be able to tell it things like "Climate Control On/Off" "75 degrees (or whatever temperature you choose)" "Find Nearby [insert national chain business, or POI category]" among many other things. To get a better idea of some of the voice command capabilities, hit the Voice button on the wheel, and while the Assistant is speaking, use the Remote Touch to click on the tabs at the top of the screen marked Phone, Nav, Radio, Audio ect, and you will be given many more examples of Voice Commands for the vehicle.
Old 10-13-15, 02:37 PM
sakuragrl
Driver School Candidate

Today was my first time putting gas in my GS. After I paid I went back to my car and tried looking on the gas lever. I could find it and started freaking out internally. I thought, "Oh, maybe you actually have to push the gas cap, something similar to the Infinity" and turns out, you do! I thought it was neat. I wonder if it only does when the keys are near it?
Old 10-13-15, 02:44 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by sakuragrl
Today was my first time putting gas in my GS. After I paid I went back to my car and tried looking on the gas lever. I could find it and started freaking out internally. I thought, "Oh, maybe you actually have to push the gas cap, something similar to the Infinity" and turns out, you do! I thought it was neat. I wonder if it only does when the keys are near it?
It locks and unlocks with the driver's door.
Old 10-13-15, 08:46 PM
LexLuthors
Rookie

I thought just the ML radio played DVD's so when I put a DVD in and it played on the stock radio I thought that was pretty cool. Now I just have to look into the bypass
Old 10-13-15, 08:54 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DrDDay
Be mindful to switch the Auto Wiper function off before you go through a car wash with this vehicle. A wash with jets only probably won't hurt the system much, but a car wash with brushes is undefeated all time when fighting with Rain Sensing Wiper systems.
LOL, I've left this on after a pressure wash, and when I went to wipe the windshield dry the wipers kept triggering. That's when I figured out how the system worked. I keep it in mind now and dry the car when it's off.
Old 10-15-15, 01:40 PM
1fuzzybk
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something not mentioned yet (I don't think) is the heated area on the bottom of the windshield and drivers side edge for snow melting, frozen wipers and frost removal. Also the wiper park "snow mode" setting where you pull up on the wipers hard and they then remain in a higher position until pushed down again.

My favorite discovered feature is the door panel lighting. I noticed it on my overnight 1200 mile drove home when I bought the car and drove it home.

Originally Posted by jarabanos
Still finding hidden gems in this car. Today I noticed for the first time the led light strip underneath the door trim. Adding to my list of discovered features!

I also love the butterfly headrest, pulled out, it feels like a pillow...
Never seen a car anywhere that had a headrest this soft.
Old 12-09-15, 05:58 AM
gridlock13
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i also love the accent lighting on the doors and the thin band of light around the RTI. looks really classy at night.

i also discovered that if you have the rear sunshade up it'll automatically lower when you put the car in reverse then raise back up once you shift into drive.
Old 12-09-15, 08:15 AM
namzug
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2015 GS350 F-Sport Cool Features

I like the extra seat adjustment when in S+ Mode. At first, I did not like the way the ML stereo would start playing music from my phone. But I finally figured out how to use the Pandora, I hear music and the other online free music services. Also, able to start your car and unlock doors using my smart phone is pretty cool too.
Old 12-09-15, 11:31 AM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by namzug
I like the extra seat adjustment when in S+ Mode.
Care to elaborate? I don't know about this extra adjustment
Old 12-14-15, 01:10 AM
WolfSnap
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

uhhhh... What extra seat adjustments?!?
Old 12-14-15, 08:58 AM
jayemko
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Ditto; say what?
Old 12-14-15, 09:41 AM
dwayne4lex
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My favorite recently discovered feature is the split screen function. I would always hit the main menu button to switch from media to A/C or navigation to trip time. Then, one day about a yr and a half of having the car I discovered that I could just select A/C, trip time and radio/media right in the split screen. Every now and then I still hit the main menu button out of old habit, but glad I'm found this feature.
Old 12-19-15, 06:58 PM
Staggered3
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

i just learned a helluva lot just by reading this thread.
Old 12-19-15, 10:55 PM
TEarlGrey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The window glass was rolled up about 3 inches, bumped it with my elbow thinking it was all the way down and it automatically rolled down.

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?