GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-17, 12:31 PM
mcolesjr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Im2bz2p345
How did you just now discover this? But yes, this is definitely a great feature to have!

lol! Only joking. I believe you meant heated/cooled front seats, which definitely is a nice feature to have.

~ Im2bz2p345

Yes, I meant front seats period. I'm a big man. The seats fit me fine. No squeezing or pinching....lol
My front seats are heated and ventilated. Not cooled....bummer.
Old 02-01-17, 12:32 PM
mcolesjr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tejanp
mine doesn't do this unless i grab the door handle.

Yes, you're right. It's when you grab the door handle. Love that.
Old 02-07-17, 02:50 PM
DJP333
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

The Bluetooth connectivity from my iPhone 5s to the GS is great when using Spotify for music. Once I sit in the car, and the iPhone connects, the music starts automatically from where I left off, and the quality of sound on the ML system is actually quite amazing.

The enform app suite sucks and I've stopped using it. Initially worked OK for a few days, so was enjoying the Pandora and iheart radio, but then kept doing the "tether error" thing, so just gave up.
Old 02-07-17, 03:25 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I've also noticed that using Enform in our RX, it connects and plays without problems. In the GS, however, the iPhone 6 frequently doesn't even connect and I must choose the GS in bluetooth before it will connect at all. And then, I get either "tether error" or "request timed out." The problem seems to be with the GS rather than Enform.
Old 02-07-17, 08:49 PM
DJP333
Driver

Originally Posted by Nimimi
I've also noticed that using Enform in our RX, it connects and plays without problems. In the GS, however, the iPhone 6 frequently doesn't even connect and I must choose the GS in bluetooth before it will connect at all. And then, I get either "tether error" or "request timed out." The problem seems to be with the GS rather than Enform.
Well that's interesting, I just blamed the app. Why wouldn't that be an easy software update?
Old 02-08-17, 07:00 AM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

One feature I did not know WASN'T on this car was a remote fuel door switch. I filled it up for the first time yesterday and had to look in the owners manual to figure out there is no remote switch! I have seven cars and this is the only one without a remote switch.Kind of embarrassing but now i know!

Old 02-08-17, 07:17 AM
DJP333
Driver

Originally Posted by phins2rt
One feature I did not know WASN'T on this car was a remote fuel door switch. I filled it up for the first time yesterday and had to look in the owners manual to figure out there is no remote switch! I have seven cars and this is the only one without a remote switch.Kind of embarrassing but now i know!

Haha. I got my GS this past November and also went through a "scratch your head" moment. To be honest, I kind of like the manual fuel door.
Old 02-08-17, 07:47 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Originally Posted by DJP333
Well that's interesting, I just blamed the app. Why wouldn't that be an easy software update?
I had lots of issues with it on my IS until I took it in for service and asked them to ensure my nav firmware was up to date. They did an update and all was fixed.

With my GS, I seldom have any connectivity issues, and I use Enform apps every day. My Highlander, however, which uses the same nav system, is a mess. I'm going to have to take it in, as most of the apps simply don't work. I suspect it needs a firmware update.
The following users liked this post:
DJP333 (02-08-17)
Old 02-08-17, 07:54 AM
DJP333
Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
I had lots of issues with it on my IS until I took it in for service and asked them to ensure my nav firmware was up to date. They did an update and all was fixed.

With my GS, I seldom have any connectivity issues, and I use Enform apps every day. My Highlander, however, which uses the same nav system, is a mess. I'm going to have to take it in, as most of the apps simply don't work. I suspect it needs a firmware update.
Good to know. Will get Lexus to do a firmware nav update when I go in for my next service and see if that helps.
Old 02-08-17, 06:07 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Guys my seats always seem to come on from heated, even if I switch to sport mode. Do you guys have any idea what causes this or is there some setting that can be adjusted? I don't know if its a feature or some issue with the seats.
Old 02-09-17, 05:17 AM
krsin9753
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wjlim22
I discovered the secret change compartment because of this thread, but I hate keeping change in my car and I found that the compartment is a perfect size for an extra watch. For me, it is a spare watch compartment!
I just found that compartment location also. I did notice on the 16's the rear door armrest has a compartment that we used to used as a cigarette tray back in the days. Also the window switches are laced with chrome like the LS, not seen in the 15's and below.
Old 02-09-17, 07:49 AM
tejanp
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by krsin9753
I just found that compartment location also. I did notice on the 16's the rear door armrest has a compartment that we used to used as a cigarette tray back in the days. Also the window switches are laced with chrome like the LS, not seen in the 15's and below.
I do like the new window switches in the 16s. I wonder if the non-16s are an easy switch to make.
Old 02-09-17, 08:41 AM
SuperXer0
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the inserts in between the seats and the center console that prevent you from dropping things under the seat. My wife dropped a make-up brush and it was saved by this piece of cloth. I was then able to take her brush and throw it away. Now she's just going to have to make sure she pick up her belongings before exiting the vehicle.
Old 02-09-17, 11:09 AM
phins2rt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SuperXer0
I like the inserts in between the seats and the center console that prevent you from dropping things under the seat. My wife dropped a make-up brush and it was saved by this piece of cloth. I was then able to take her brush and throw it away. Now she's just going to have to make sure she pick up her belongings before exiting the vehicle.
Old 02-14-17, 07:25 PM
phins2rt
Pole Position

I just noticed today the entry/exit settings can be triggered by buckling and unbuckling the seat belt. Kinda cool.

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?