GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-17, 04:49 PM
eXtremeoak
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite discovered feature is the automatic seat warmer/ventilation. Now if only if had remote engine start..
Old 02-21-17, 04:52 PM
eXtremeoak
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phins2rt
I just noticed today the entry/exit settings can be triggered by buckling and unbuckling the seat belt. Kinda cool.
Love this feature too, though my wife hates this feature... thinks it's pointless (she's 5 ft)
Old 02-22-17, 10:42 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Received 114 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by eXtremeoak
My favorite discovered feature is the automatic seat warmer/ventilation. Now if only if had remote engine start..
Do you know exactly how this is controlled and how it can be turned off? My heated seats appeared to always come on, I thought it was messed up so I eventually pulled the fuse. I think it really is busted but I'd like to rule out there isn't some setting I don't know about triggering the seats.
Old 02-22-17, 12:51 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by e60bmw
Do you know exactly how this is controlled and how it can be turned off? My heated seats appeared to always come on, I thought it was messed up so I eventually pulled the fuse. I think it really is busted but I'd like to rule out there isn't some setting I don't know about triggering the seats.
They started offering the automatic heating/ventilating for the front seats starting the 2014MY. You'll see the word Auto above the buttons.
Old 02-22-17, 01:35 PM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by dchar
They started offering the automatic heating/ventilating for the front seats starting the 2014MY. You'll see the word Auto above the buttons.
Ok, guess doesn't apply to me, I have 2013.
Old 02-22-17, 02:14 PM
eXtremeoak
Driver School Candidate

Ok, guess doesn't apply to me, I have 2013.
yes sorry, I have the 2015. Didn't know it was different for 2013.
Old 02-25-17, 12:39 PM
itjustme
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down Digital Time

Just got a 2013 F-Sport and I'm in love with it!!! Is there any way to show the time digitally on the display? Can be a bit annoying looking at the analog clock when trying to figure out exact minute
Old 03-09-17, 07:23 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by itjustme
Just got a 2013 F-Sport and I'm in love with it!!! Is there any way to show the time digitally on the display? Can be a bit annoying looking at the analog clock when trying to figure out exact minute
Don't believe so, that is a complaint many have. I kinda got used to it personally, I just look at the clock.
Old 03-09-17, 07:50 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,084 Likes on 1,481 Posts

Originally Posted by itjustme
Don't believe so, that is a complaint many have. I kinda got used to it personally, I just look at the clock.
An analog clock is much more elegant looking than a digital clock. Plus, most people that glance at an analog clock can remember what time it is because their visualization of where the clock's two hands are located on the clock face subconsciously remains with them, whereas when glancing at a digital clock the time is oftentimes immediately forgotten...
The following users liked this post:
itjustme (03-27-17)
Old 03-10-17, 11:57 AM
itjustme
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bclexus
An analog clock is much more elegant looking than a digital clock. Plus, most people that glance at an analog clock can remember what time it is because their visualization of where the clock's two hands are located on the clock face subconsciously remains with them, whereas when glancing at a digital clock the time is oftentimes immediately forgotten...
Yeah I guess that's true.. I'm getting used to it now and it doesn't feel so bad. Not that I can't tell time on analog, I was used to digital for so long... I do like the elegance of analog too
Old 03-13-17, 01:13 PM
NashLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dashboard - Key fob low battery notification
Old 03-14-17, 09:08 AM
JackRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

steering wheel .. . my favorite discovered future
Old 03-14-17, 09:59 AM
puffdaddy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by JackRCF
steering wheel .. . my favorite discovered future
You didn't know it had one from the test drive ;-)
Old 03-25-17, 07:11 PM
Metsfan
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

​​​​​​​If your 2013 is in ECO drive mode, then the seat heaters will come on automatically when the temp falls below a certain point. This might be your issue. I'm not sure exactly what the threshold is, but if you don't want the heaters to come on, then you just have to take the drive mode out of ECO.
Old 03-27-17, 11:18 AM
e60bmw
Instructor

Originally Posted by Metsfan
If your 2013 is in ECO drive mode, then the seat heaters will come on automatically when the temp falls below a certain point. This might be your issue. I'm not sure exactly what the threshold is, but if you don't want the heaters to come on, then you just have to take the drive mode out of ECO.
I'll have to try it again now that its warmed up. I still have my fuse removed from the car.

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?