GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-19, 12:36 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Traction control button shut off automatically

When I press the traction control button normally (not long press while parked) it will shut off anti spin, but not stability control
This makes for some interesting behaviour on slippery road. But the function will turn off after an undefined/random time, and I can not figure out what trigger this.
I think it is related to the amout of wheelspin in some way
Old 04-11-19, 12:38 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Default Rear cupholders

I did not see this in the thread anywhere, so it should be mentioned.
There are cupholders for the rear passengers in the front of the fold-down center console. Just press the black panel and they slide out. Probably obvious to most owners.
Old 04-11-19, 01:04 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Default Close windows automatically

I have had the dealer activate the automatic window opening by long press the unlock button, and I just now realized that it will also close/lock the windows by long press the lock button.
I am sure I have tried this before and ended up using the metal key insted, but now it works after trying the press-press-hold procedure on the lock button to see if I by any chance have auto-start (I dont...)

Last edited by arosnes; 04-11-19 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-11-19, 01:05 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Default Turn off the interior trim lights (footwell, door etc)

If you turn down the instrument panel lights all the way down with the buttons to the left of the steering wheel, the interior trim ligths will turn off completely

Last edited by arosnes; 04-11-19 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-11-19, 01:25 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Default The glove compartment door is also a picknik table

I have wondered why the glove compartment cover is so thick, and I was expecting a hidden pocket or something, but now I realize that it is also a picknik table

The following users liked this post:
bob256k (04-11-19)
Old 04-11-19, 01:30 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Default The removable shelf inside the glove box

When I bought the GS, there was this plastic part in the glove box that I cound not find a place for. After reading this thread I saw it mounted as as a shelf in the glove box itself. Thanks.
And the leather Lexus document folder will fit exactly on top of it. Here is a picture:

The following users liked this post:
AlexDev (03-23-22)
Old 04-11-19, 01:33 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Default Reset the mileage counter with the DISP button

The DISP button on the steering wheel will reset the average mileage counter, both the one shown in the instrument cluster and the one on the navi screen if you hold it for some seconds.

Old 04-11-19, 01:34 PM
thallium
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by arosnes
I have had the dealer activate the automatic window opening by long press the unlock button, and I just now realized that it will also lock the windows by long press the lock button.
I am sure I have tried this before and ended up using the metal key insted, but now it works after trying the press-press-hold procedure on the lock button to see if I by any chance have auto-start (I dont...)
You said lock the windows, did you mean close the windows? I activated this with the Carista app and opening the windows and sunroof worked. I was wondering if there was a way to close them. Also, wish you could do it with or without the sunroof.
Old 04-11-19, 01:40 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Default Buttons in the driver footwell for tire pressure and collision system

It is mentioned in other threads, but there are buttons that can only be found with a camera phone directly above the brake pedal.
Old 04-11-19, 01:52 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Default Pre Collision Warning will beep and alarm if you approach the car in front too quickl

Sometimes if I do not brake for the car in front until very late and hard, the alarm will go off that I am about to crash.

I do not yet know if the car will brake automatically or not. I will have to set up a test with tinfoil some day
Old 04-11-19, 01:55 PM
arosnes
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by thallium
You said lock the windows, did you mean close the windows? I activated this with the Carista app and opening the windows and sunroof worked. I was wondering if there was a way to close them. Also, wish you could do it with or without the sunroof.
Hi! Yes, I do mean close the windows. Now I can just hold the lock button and it works. And I was so sure it would not do that. I played around with the double press and hold to make sure I do not have auto start, and suddenly they closed, to m surprise.

Note, this is an EU model (Norway)
Old 04-11-19, 02:00 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,612 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Closing the windows with the remote will not work on North American models, unfortunately.
Old 04-11-19, 02:28 PM
thallium
Intermediate

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by arosnes
When I press the traction control button normally (not long press while parked) it will shut off anti spin, but not stability control
This makes for some interesting behaviour on slippery road. But the function will turn off after an undefined/random time, and I can not figure out what trigger this.
I think it is related to the amout of wheelspin in some way
I think when you exceed a certain speed it turns back on. The manual indicates turning the traction control off if the car is stuck in mud or something and in that case as soon as it detects slippage it would prevent you from getting out.
Old 04-11-19, 02:45 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 939 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Closing the windows with the remote will not work on North American models, unfortunately.
Got excited and went into the garage to try it out, certainly would be great for these hot Florida summer days.... didn’t work...
Old 04-18-19, 08:12 PM
A3OD
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 14 Posts

Is there a list of features you can have the dealer enable?

For one, I would like the key fob control AUTO window down / up / moonroof open / close feature with a touch on the remote.
Would be much more useful in the summer heat!

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?