Search this Thread

Old 02-27-20, 01:26 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 366 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by bumada
So happy to see this.
To save everyone time:
Get in the car with only the key you want to set for your memory position.
Depress the numbered memory button AND the lock button on the door simultaneously until you hear a beep.
The following users liked this post:
mkmckinley (03-01-20)
Old 02-29-20, 10:02 PM
jms123
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a question , hopefully someone knows this. Today I noticed in my trunk a plastic hook type flap with a a fabric loop, I think it says "Max 5kg" - what is it for ? The flap flips down from the inside top of the trunk. How does it work?
Old 02-29-20, 10:24 PM
peasodos
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,229 Likes on 1,450 Posts

Originally Posted by jms123
I have a question , hopefully someone knows this. Today I noticed in my trunk a plastic hook type flap with a a fabric loop, I think it says "Max 5kg" - what is it for ? The flap flips down from the inside top of the trunk. How does it work?
That's the grocery bag hook. I use it all the time, that way the grocery don't fall out of the bag. Most of the weight is on the trunk floor, the hook just keeps it from falling over.
Old 03-01-20, 04:29 AM
chinee
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
That's the grocery bag hook. I use it all the time, that way the grocery don't fall out of the bag. Most of the weight is on the trunk floor, the hook just keeps it from falling over.
That's what I use my cargo net for.
Old 03-05-20, 11:52 AM
jms123
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by peasodos
Originally Posted by chinee
That's what I use my cargo net for.
I have the cargo net to , but guess thats an option so not all have it
Old 03-12-20, 07:47 PM
UBMGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

For me it was the hold button. Never will my time in drive through lines be the same!
Old 04-14-20, 01:59 PM
conclevage
Pole Position

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I use the cargo net as well...i find the grocery bag hook to be useless...
Old 05-17-20, 03:21 PM
Gr8
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
You do not need to have the dealer do it. Here is how to do it:

Lexus Lane Change Blinker - Change the Number of Blinks

Procedure:

1. Start with the car completely off and the doors closed

2. Use the rotary **** on the wiper control to set how many blinks you want. This **** has four positions:

• 1st (bottom) position = 3 blinks (Default)

• 2nd position = 5 blinks

• 3rd position = 7 blinks

• 4th (top) position = no automatic blinks

3. Hold the wiper lever in the all-the-way-up position, and keep holding it there.

4. With foot OFF the brake pedal, press the Start button twice so the gauges light up (keep holding that wiper lever up!).

5. Continue to hold the wiper lever all the way up for 5 seconds or more (if you go too fast you will have to start all over!).

6. Let the wiper lever come down slightly one position and hold it there for 5+ seconds (don't let it go back to the neutral position - just let it come down one position).

7. Hold with wiper lever all-the-way-up again for another 5+ seconds.

8. Let the wiper lever come down slightly one position again, and hold it for 5+ seconds.

9. Let go of the wiper lever so it returns to the neutral position. Note: The right turn signal should flash once. (If it doesn't, turn the car off and start again at step #1)

10. Briefly move the turn signal lever down 1 position and let go of it again. Note: The left turn signal should flash to confirm your setting, but not in the way you might expect. It will blink 1, 2, 3, or 4 times to match where you set the rotary **** on the wiper control, so:

• 1 flash = set for 3 blinks (Default)

2 flashes = set for 5 blinks

• 3 flashes = set for 7 blinks

• 4 flashes = no auto blinks

Push the Start button to turn Off the ignition to Save the change...
Man.... Only took me about 2 years to find this post.

BCLexus, you are the man, if that was not already established. I always wished that the blinkers would last longer than 3 blinks and was considering going to the dealership to get it adjusted. I am so glad I came across this post today and just changed it myself to 5 blinks. Thank youiyou so much for the instructions. Wonder if its the same process on a 2018 NX300?!

Old 05-17-20, 04:16 PM
charley95
Pole Position

Received 548 Likes on 398 Posts

BC left the forum and I don't think he's coming back.
Old 05-17-20, 04:19 PM
Gr8
Pit Crew

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by charley95
BC left the forum and I don't think he's coming back.
😱😱😱. Man... No way.
Old 06-01-20, 02:01 PM
sksinsdca
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just got a 2020 GS 350 F Sport. Did not realize it came with the brake hold feature and all-speed cruise control. Love these features!
Old 06-01-20, 06:37 PM
chinee
Racer

Received 943 Likes on 579 Posts

Welcome to the board! Did you post pics yet?
Old 06-11-20, 02:30 PM
wiltony
Driver School Candidate

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I think this was briefly touched upon earlier in the thread, but I was surprised when I found out I could pause (and even rewind) live radio. The car will apparently cache up to 15 mins of whatever you're listening to. Pretty nifty. You can press the pause/play button on the radio, but it's easier for me to hold the 'mode' button on the steering wheel. This has been super helpful, because almost universally, I can stop whatever is playing from whatever source and demand quiet in the car by holding the mode button.

I'm also sad to say I have not been able to detect a noticeable difference in suspension feel between normal and S+. Perhaps I'm just not sensitive enough. Can anyone help guide me on what to "feel" for? I know it's supposed to firm up a bit but I took some mountain twisties at a fairly good clip while changing from normal to S+ (or S to S+) and couldn't really feel it. The difference in shifting is definitely there between normal and sport mode though. I have a 2016 AWD F-Sport.
Old 06-11-20, 02:35 PM
baconRx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 83 Posts

Found out the lux headrests fold up a bit like airplane cushions
Old 06-15-20, 04:05 PM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by wiltony
I think this was briefly touched upon earlier in the thread, but I was surprised when I found out I could pause (and even rewind) live radio. The car will apparently cache up to 15 mins of whatever you're listening to. Pretty nifty. You can press the pause/play button on the radio, but it's easier for me to hold the 'mode' button on the steering wheel. This has been super helpful, because almost universally, I can stop whatever is playing from whatever source and demand quiet in the car by holding the mode button.

I'm also sad to say I have not been able to detect a noticeable difference in suspension feel between normal and S+. Perhaps I'm just not sensitive enough. Can anyone help guide me on what to "feel" for? I know it's supposed to firm up a bit but I took some mountain twisties at a fairly good clip while changing from normal to S+ (or S to S+) and couldn't really feel it. The difference in shifting is definitely there between normal and sport mode though. I have a 2016 AWD F-Sport.
You cannot adjust the suspension on the fly. Try setting it to sport + while stationary ,drive it and see what you think.

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?