GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Whats your favorite discovered feature?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-21 | 02:40 PM
baconRx
Instructor

for those of you missing the trunk hook parts number is and im sure the could cut into the lining and attach it 64725-30210-C1
Old 08-05-21 | 10:51 AM
sksinsdca
Driver School Candidate

My automatic braking actually kicked in approaching a stopped at a light a little too quick!
Old 08-21-21 | 08:11 PM
GSGXNC
Rookie

I have not read the entire thread so, sorry if this has been mentioned. But if you dislike adaptive or radar cruise control like I do, you can disable it and have regular (actually useful) cruise control by pressing and holding the on/off button. The display changes after a few seconds to reflect "old school" cruise control.

This started as an adaptive cruise hating thread but its not always bad. At really low speeds, this and lane keep assist will cause the care to be fully self-driving. I was in stop/go traffic on a long 2-lane and it would even stop completely when the traffic did. It only took a touch on the throttle to go back to auto-drive mode. At low speeds, the LKA doesn't complain about my hands off the wheel.
The following 2 users liked this post by GSGXNC:
Doge2021 (09-19-21), Im2bz2p345 (08-22-21)
Old 08-23-21 | 07:32 AM
sksinsdca
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSGXNC
I have not read the entire thread so, sorry if this has been mentioned. But if you dislike adaptive or radar cruise control like I do, you can disable it and have regular (actually useful) cruise control by pressing and holding the on/off button. The display changes after a few seconds to reflect "old school" cruise control.

This started as an adaptive cruise hating thread but its not always bad. At really low speeds, this and lane keep assist will cause the care to be fully self-driving. I was in stop/go traffic on a long 2-lane and it would even stop completely when the traffic did. It only took a touch on the throttle to go back to auto-drive mode. At low speeds, the LKA doesn't complain about my hands off the wheel.
I've found it easy to keep my foot near or on the gas pedal and just modulate the speed to change lanes if possible or decrease speed less abruptly.
Old 08-23-21 | 06:57 PM
GSGXNC
Rookie

I agree that its easy enough to lean on the throttle but that kind of defeats the purpose of CC. I was just happy to see that it was defeatable. I rent a lot of cars in for work and most of the time I am stuck with adaptive CC. If it would follow at a distance that doesn't invite people to move over in front of me it would remain useful. Long two-lanes with very few passing zones in the only place for adaptive, IMO.
Old 09-02-21 | 07:00 PM
GSJ350
Pit Crew

Found a new feature today by chance but wouldn't say it's my favorite. So I'm at an intersection close to my house stopped at a red light when a "Homeless" man (He is not homeless but stays in a local budget suites and enjoys the finer things in life....Meth... I know this cause he's been here for a few years now). I figured I'd give him a dollar cause I was in a good mood so why not, so he walks over to my car as I have a dollar out the window for him as a que to walk over. He then looks at the dollar than looks back at me and says..."A dollar?.. I know you got more then this driving a car like that!!" So at that time I noticed the light turned green and traffic started to move. So I pulled the dollar back in and said "Your right, I got a dollar more to add to it too" as I rolled my window up and drove away. So I learned today that I must not offer cash, but can food only cause I look like a rolling bank I guess.
The following users liked this post:
Chaos236 (11-02-21)
Old 09-02-21 | 07:12 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSJ350
Found a new feature today by chance but wouldn't say it's my favorite. So I'm at an intersection close to my house stopped at a red light when a "Homeless" man (He is not homeless but stays in a local budget suites and enjoys the finer things in life....Meth... I know this cause he's been here for a few years now). I figured I'd give him a dollar cause I was in a good mood so why not, so he walks over to my car as I have a dollar out the window for him as a que to walk over. He then looks at the dollar than looks back at me and says..."A dollar?.. I know you got more then this driving a car like that!!" So at that time I noticed the light turned green and traffic started to move. So I pulled the dollar back in and said "Your right, I got a dollar more to add to it too" as I rolled my window up and drove away. So I learned today that I must not offer cash, but can food only cause I look like a rolling bank I guess.
You're probably lucky he didn't bash the side of your car in for doing that...
Old 09-02-21 | 07:23 PM
GSJ350
Pit Crew

Well it might of been different if the light didn't change and I didn't have a quick exit and I probably would have just given it to him and rolled my window up. People these days just have born entitlement on their view on life. I was an addict myself some years ago and if somebody gave an inch I definitely wouldn't take a mile.
Chaos236 (11-02-21)
Old 09-03-21 | 08:39 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

I can only imagine what the car behind you must have thought, assuming they saw it but couldn't hear the conversation. "That ***** in the Lexus just waved a dollar at the homeless guy, got him to walk over, then pulled it back in and took off!"
Wanitive (09-03-23)
Old 10-24-21 | 07:09 PM
jCloud329
Driver School Candidate

not sure if anybody realized this but if you turn the car off while in neutral, the power stays on to continue listening to audio or navigating your dash... pretty neat trick if you want to want to turn the engine off while sitting in the car to continue listening to music instead of cycling through the push/start

Wanitive (09-03-23)
Old 10-24-21 | 08:45 PM
jms123
Pit Crew

Have a question if someone discovered this already. Is there a way to radio tune from the steering wheel other than stored presets? I just subscribed to SiriusXM and I am finding it really annoying to reaching over to the right side of the radio and turning the tuning **** to access non preset channels
Old 10-27-21 | 02:22 PM
er34
Instructor

Originally Posted by GSJ350
Cool story... but what was the new feature you found?
The following 2 users liked this post by er34:
Im2bz2p345 (10-29-21), JDR76 (10-27-21)
Old 10-29-21 | 07:26 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Originally Posted by er34
Cool story... but what was the new feature you found?
Perhaps the one-click window roll up switch? I'd imagine you would want to be quick in that situation

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 10-29-21 | 06:38 PM
np20412
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jms123
Have a question if someone discovered this already. Is there a way to radio tune from the steering wheel other than stored presets? I just subscribed to SiriusXM and I am finding it really annoying to reaching over to the right side of the radio and turning the tuning **** to access non preset channels
In my sienna a long press on the button moves to the next channel same as tune ****, whereas a short press will move to the next preset. Not sure if the GS also operates this way.
Old 11-15-21 | 05:27 AM
Elofeye
Driver

Originally Posted by np20412
In my sienna a long press on the button moves to the next channel same as tune ****, whereas a short press will move to the next preset. Not sure if the GS also operates this way.
Yes. Just hold down until you hear a beep and release for the next channel.
maiahsdad (11-15-21)

Quick Reply: Whats your favorite discovered feature?