GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

2015 Luxury Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-15, 08:33 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2015 Luxury Package

I've been viewing the forum for at least 9 months as I've considered getting a (first) 2014 GS and then a 2015. I wanted the luxury package but absolutely cannot find one in any GS carried by the 5 dealers in the Pacific NW. SO, I had to special order it. Ordered the Atomic Silver w. black interior, AWD, blind spot monitor, parking assist, cold weather pkg., illuminated door sills, net, carpet mat, door edge guards, rear bumper applique. Gave me $2,000 off MSRP which is not a great deal, however the dealers seem unwilling to go out of their ways to do a deal on the
GS since it is a very low volume car for them. On the lot there were 3 GS's and 3 F Sport GS's. But, they have over 150 RS's!!

I wanted the meteor blue mica, however, I could find no cars at all with this color and I didn't want to buy a car in a color that I had never seen so I went with the atomic silver (wife's advice) and the black seats (wife's advice; I wanted flaxen).

You all in California seem to have a LOT more choices than do we in the Great Pacific Northwest!
Old 03-06-15, 09:50 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Should've went for flaxen!

My dealer in SOCAL has delivered new cars to Oregon and Washington for customers before. They told me people from those states want our prices and selections, so they make a trip down and make a deal. Some drive back up themselves, some pay for it to be placed on a truck for delivery, and some get the salesmen to drive it up.
Old 03-06-15, 10:08 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Why limit yourself to only dealers that are near you ? You can call a dealer here in Los Angeles or anywhere else and have the vehicle shipped to you for about $500. Some dealers even do free transfers.
Old 03-07-15, 07:03 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Does it have to be AWD? If so, that limits your search area to dealers north of interstate 40. That's kind of the RWD AWD demarcation line for the GS. I would reach out to internet sales offices for other dealers. BTW meteor blue is a great and rare color.
Old 03-07-15, 07:51 AM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Default 2015 Luxury

Main reason I ruled out "warmer" states for my search is I wanted AWD and the cold weather package.
Old 03-07-15, 10:02 AM
Trek
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nimimi
I've been viewing the forum for at least 9 months as I've considered getting a (first) 2014 GS and then a 2015. I wanted the luxury package but absolutely cannot find one in any GS carried by the 5 dealers in the Pacific NW. SO, I had to special order it. Ordered the Atomic Silver w. black interior, AWD, blind spot monitor, parking assist, cold weather pkg., illuminated door sills, net, carpet mat, door edge guards, rear bumper applique. Gave me $2,000 off MSRP which is not a great deal, however the dealers seem unwilling to go out of their ways to do a deal on the
GS since it is a very low volume car for them. On the lot there were 3 GS's and 3 F Sport GS's. But, they have over 150 RS's!!

I wanted the meteor blue mica, however, I could find no cars at all with this color and I didn't want to buy a car in a color that I had never seen so I went with the atomic silver (wife's advice) and the black seats (wife's advice; I wanted flaxen).

You all in California seem to have a LOT more choices than do we in the Great Pacific Northwest!
Meteor Blue Mica in Pennsylvania (AWD and cold package)

Meteor Blue Mica
Old 03-07-15, 10:16 AM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Trek
Meteor Blue Mica in Pennsylvania (AWD and cold package)

Meteor Blue Mica
But he's looking for a luxury package though.
Old 03-07-15, 10:22 AM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

AS is nice when clean. Flaxen would be great but black is fine and I'm a bit biased. Congrats! It's time you post a picture or two
Old 03-07-15, 12:09 PM
Nimimi
Pit Crew

Haven't gotten the car yet. Had to special order it in order to get the luxury package so I'm looking at 2-3 months. Dealer also required a $5,000, non-refundable downpayment so I guess I've bought it!
Old 03-07-15, 01:44 PM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Well then, no point looking back now. You got the car you wanted Atomic silver is awesome on a GS, and black interior/ lux package is the best interior option. And I'm not saying that just I because I have a 2014 GS with black interior/ luxury package.
Old 03-07-15, 05:55 PM
ALexusSJ
Driver School Candidate

I had the same experience. Took almost 4 months to get mine from Japan. Seems no one really cares to have options like power trunk...
Old 03-08-15, 01:44 AM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't gotten the car yet. Had to special order it in order to get the luxury package so I'm looking at 2-3 months. Dealer also required a $5,000, non-refundable downpayment so I guess I've bought it!
I went to one dealer and they wanted $10K down for a custom order, and so I went to a different dealer and didn't really put any money down. I "put $1,000 down" via credit card, but they never pulled the money. My order went in and was approved in December and I got the call saying it will be here this week. So that was about a 100 day lead time.

I think they strong armed you into putting the $5K down, but in the end it may not matter. Make sure you get a good deal. I spoke directly with the sales manager and was given a quote that was at invoice ($61K) with Costco pricing, and she said the price could be less (but not more) depending on what the current Costco pricing is. So if you're not a Costco member before the car arrives, you should become one.
Old 03-15-15, 08:52 PM
ral2531
Driver School Candidate

A question from a novice:
Are the seats in the GS non-F "Luxury package" the same as the seats in the GS F-sport?
(In terms of degrees of adjustment, shape, etc)
Let's assume we're talking 2015 models.
Old 03-15-15, 09:19 PM
ComSciGuy
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ral2531
A question from a novice:
Are the seats in the GS non-F "Luxury package" the same as the seats in the GS F-sport?
(In terms of degrees of adjustment, shape, etc)
Let's assume we're talking 2015 models.
I have a non-F Sport with the Luxury Package and it came with the 18-way adjustable seats on both the driver and passenger side. Trust me they're worth it.
Old 03-16-15, 12:47 PM
ral2531
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ComSciGuy
I have a non-F Sport with the Luxury Package and it came with the 18-way adjustable seats on both the driver and passenger side. Trust me they're worth it.
Thanks. Sometime if you have a chance could you post a picture of your front seat?

For some reason, I can't find any GS with the luxury package at dealers in my area.

Quick Reply: 2015 Luxury Package