GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus GS with detachable tow hitch

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-15, 03:05 PM
kmm
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by KDTdaltex
Absolutely. When the receiver is off there is no clearance difference, it's all hidden. from what I can tell when the receiver is in, it drops clearance at the edge of bumper by less than 2 inches. It is several inches above the rear axel low point.
Thank you, yes, I was interested in how much ground clearance has been lost to the "female" part of the hitch once installed-not the ground clearance lost when the tow bar is attached.
Old 07-01-15, 04:35 PM
KDTdaltex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kmm
Thank you, yes, I was interested in how much ground clearance has been lost to the "female" part of the hitch once installed-not the ground clearance lost when the tow bar is attached.

kmm

This hitch has a detachable receiver "female" part when you detatch the receiver there is no clearance difference, the base mount is hidden.
When the receiver is in, it drops clearance at the edge of bumper by less than 2 inches.

The pictures of the detachable receiver and the install diagrams wil help to to get a better visual.
Old 07-01-15, 04:43 PM
kmm
Pole Position

Thanks for the info.
Old 07-04-15, 10:26 PM
Samer327
Driver School Candidate

Looks promising. I may finally be able to get a bike rack for my GS.
Old 07-06-15, 06:19 AM
russocd
Driver School Candidate

Default Invisihitch Hardened Bolts Recommended

If you install any hitch, you should consider replacing the bumper bolts with a hardened (10.9) bolt when you do the installation. They are cheap at any auto parts store.
Old 07-31-15, 08:18 PM
flyingdave
Driver School Candidate

Glad I found this post. The Wife does sprint triathalon's and rides her bike a fair amount. He last car had a fold down rear seat. Was very surprised this car doesn't when we bought it so I was looking for a hitch for this car to mount a rack to. Not going to put a trunk mount on this car! I like the invisihitch option and they are not that far from Nashville.... Hmmm.....

Will post up if/when we get one installed.

If anybody has a pic of a rack installed, you won't hurt my feeling to post up....
Old 09-12-15, 06:09 PM
flyingdave
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flyingdave
Glad I found this post. The Wife does sprint triathalon's and rides her bike a fair amount. He last car had a fold down rear seat. Was very surprised this car doesn't when we bought it so I was looking for a hitch for this car to mount a rack to. Not going to put a trunk mount on this car! I like the invisihitch option and they are not that far from Nashville.... Hmmm.....

Will post up if/when we get one installed.

If anybody has a pic of a rack installed, you won't hurt my feeling to post up....
Called Invisihitch and sent them an email over a week ago. So far, no returned communication.... Still interested though....
Old 09-21-15, 07:27 PM
mdang9997
Driver School Candidate

Do you know if this will fit f sport model? What part of TX are you from? I may be interested in getting one installed
Old 09-22-15, 07:12 PM
kmm
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flyingdave
Called Invisihitch and sent them an email over a week ago. So far, no returned communication.... Still interested though....
Also sent them an email and no response....
Old 09-28-15, 06:36 PM
flyingdave
Driver School Candidate

When I called it rang for a long period but someone did finally answer. He did not speak very good english and I think said he was an installer but would pass my info along and someone would call me. Never happened. I should call back but I am beginning to wonder if they are still in business.....
Old 09-30-15, 06:39 AM
russocd
Driver School Candidate

I can't explain that. I emailed them a week or so again about whether they fit the new M3 and I got a response within a day or two. I have also talked to them on the phone before and they were helpful. I have noticed that they "standard" hitches now available are only rated for 2000 lbs. There is a hitch for a 2013 that is rated at 3500 lbs. I have a 2014 with a 2013 class 2 hitch and it fits with no problems. Since the load bearing bar is completely hidden inside the bumper, all of these hitches should be class 2's. It's up to you whether you want an Invisihitch/Execuhitch or just the "standard" DrawTite/HiddenHitch/Curt.
Old 12-20-15, 07:49 AM
flyingdave
Driver School Candidate

I really like the clean look of the invisihitch and don't mind the cost. I emailed Steve at the address in a prior thread on the 12th. It didn't bounce back and still no response. I am a pilot and travel lot so I will try and call one more time when I get home but I am losing faith in these guys. I am not ordering one from the site until I communicate with someone there. Shame.....
Old 01-18-16, 06:33 PM
wiredup
Driver School Candidate

Anyone have any success on 2015 GS350 F-sport OR know the difference between the F-Sport and non F-Sport? If there are minor modifications, I'm willing to change it.

I noticed on Invisihitch that all they list are BMW's.
Old 01-18-16, 07:25 PM
kmm
Pole Position

U Haul now offers an authorized hitch for the 2015 GS350. I use one of their hitches on the wife's Prius and am happy with the fit and finish.

Great for mounting the bike rack:
Name:  image_zpsrfg5hv3j.png
Views: 2034
Size:  371.4 KB

...and great for hauling the trash containers. I live far from the street so a car is necessary to get them to the pick up point:
Name:  image_zpsgrylheba.jpeg
Views: 2071
Size:  195.5 KB

Hate having to borrow the Prius to haul my bike, so am happy that U Haul now offers a hitch.

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Trailer-Hitches/
Old 02-05-16, 01:22 PM
kmm
Pole Position

picked up this hitch from U-Haul today.

It is specific to the GS350.

Planning on getting it installed next week.

Name:  Lexus%20hitch%20Feb%202016_zpsiv2a0b21.jpg
Views: 2043
Size:  190.2 KB

https://www.uhaul.com/MovingSupplies/Trailer-Hitches/

Last edited by kmm; 02-05-16 at 01:25 PM. Reason: grammar

Quick Reply: Lexus GS with detachable tow hitch