GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lease: GS350 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-15, 09:34 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah I was planning on putting 4K down as worse... So this is basically a deposit to lower payments and I will get it back after the lease...so technically I am saving $3000 almost over the lease?
Old 07-14-15, 09:35 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Sounds good man!

I will give the lady a call tomorrow to give me a full break down of everything. With that being said, I should tell her to run my credit so figure out the MF point?
Old 07-14-15, 09:47 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by djrabbi
Yeah I was planning on putting 4K down as worse... So this is basically a deposit to lower payments and I will get it back after the lease...so technically I am saving $3000 almost over the lease?
You'll know what you're saving once you figure out what your monthly payment is without MSDs vs with MSDs. Not sure what is gonna be.

Sounds good man!

I will give the lady a call tomorrow to give me a full break down of everything. With that being said, I should tell her to run my credit so figure out the MF point?
You might have better luck negotiating if you walk in there and do it face to face. I'm a pretty firm believer in this approach but it's your call. If you have an idea what your credit score is I would let them know so they can give you a preliminary/ballpark tier rating based on that before you have them officially run the credit score. Credit inquiries are pretty low on the totem pole as far as how much they affect your score but even still it's not worth having them run it unless you're happy with the offer they give you and are serious about signing the contract. Just My $0.02.

Good luck and get those details!
Old 07-15-15, 04:45 AM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jarabanos
You'll know what you're saving once you figure out what your monthly payment is without MSDs vs with MSDs. Not sure what is gonna be.

You might have better luck negotiating if you walk in there and do it face to face. I'm a pretty firm believer in this approach but it's your call. If you have an idea what your credit score is I would let them know so they can give you a preliminary/ballpark tier rating based on that before you have them officially run the credit score. Credit inquiries are pretty low on the totem pole as far as how much they affect your score but even still it's not worth having them run it unless you're happy with the offer they give you and are serious about signing the contract. Just My $0.02.

Good luck and get those details!
I actually did all my negotiating via text, was very easy to work my deal and saved me a whole lot of time
Old 07-15-15, 06:43 AM
jarabanos
Driver

Originally Posted by vinnier6
I actually did all my negotiating via text, was very easy to work my deal and saved me a whole lot of time
Nice! This would have been very convenient. I work in sales so I'm used to having a better close rate on a face to face meeting rather than a texting/emailing so that's my modus operandi for big ticket acquisitions like this and even down to small things like getting my cell phone bill corrected after a few hundred dollars in errant charges were found. lol. Glad to know texting works though. Might give it a shot next time!
Old 07-15-15, 10:41 AM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

I just found this gem! What should I shoot for?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...04467742&Log=0
Old 07-15-15, 11:23 AM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

I called and said $375 a month with $0 down lol
Old 07-15-15, 12:01 PM
jarabanos
Driver

I just found this gem! What should I shoot for?

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...04467742&Log=0
I called and said $375 a month with $0 down lol
Financed or leased? What are the terms (24, 27, 36 month, etc...)?
Old 07-15-15, 12:02 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Still will be a lease for 36mon. I offered $375 but told them I will come in today to finalize deal. Even though my X5 is "sold" via verbal agreement, I might just trade it in. They will make a killing on the X5 honestly
Old 07-15-15, 12:52 PM
jarabanos
Driver

Still will be a lease for 36mon. I offered $375 but told them I will come in today to finalize deal. Even though my X5 is "sold" via verbal agreement, I might just trade it in. They will make a killing on the X5 honestly
$375 sounds in line considering it's technically a used vehicle albeit with ulta low miles. I snagged mine the same way except it was a 2015. Same kind of mileage though (right around 2500). Side note: The best part about getting a slightly used lease is that the buyout price is lower than if it were a totally brand new car. I need to look at my lease paperwork again but somehow I ended up with a buyout price of $35,000 at the end of my 36 month lease on a 2015 which I think is pretty good considering my monthly payments are around $500 and I didn't put anything down.

If you really wanna drill this down, see if you can get all the details to fill in this lease payment calculator: http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/

This helped me when I was negotiating pricing on my IS350.

Enter all the info it asks for and you'll get a rating of how good the lease offer is. At face value, I think it's a good deal. $375/month $0 down is extremely appealing on a vehicle that brand new retails for $57k.
Old 07-15-15, 12:55 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

I just priced this car out with all options on Lexus and hovering over 61k since it has HUD.

I am trying to figure out what the car will be worth at the end of 2 or 3 years so I can go that way. Another member from other thread got his for $337 with tax with $1500 down!
Old 07-15-15, 01:07 PM
jarabanos
Driver

I just priced this car out with all options on Lexus and hovering over 61k since it has HUD.

I am trying to figure out what the car will be worth at the end of 2 or 3 years so I can go that way. Another member from other thread got his for $337 with tax with $1500 down!
All you need to do is ask them to give you the residual value. This is something LFS pre-determines based on the model that determines your monthly lease payment. The factor that determines residual value is a percentage that gets deducted from the MSRP, not the selling price. So let's say the car MSRPs are 61k and the residual factor is 65%. Your purchase option at the end of your lease will be 65% of MSRP or $39,650. This is usually non-negotiable. Higher residual value means lower monthly payment but it means a higher buyout cost which for most people leasing is a moot point.

When it comes time to end your lease you can offer to sell them your car and they will appraise it. If the appraised value of the vehicle is higher than the residual value they gave you when you first signed the contract, they will write you the difference in the form of a check. It's actually possible to make money back on your lease in some cases if you're lucky.
Old 07-15-15, 02:24 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

I got here and guy said $525 lol

I can get new at that price and told him someone got his for $337 with $1500 but I'm not even to be that low.
Old 07-15-15, 02:52 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

I didn't even talk to the sales rep... Just said please talk to the finance manager to work numbers
Old 07-15-15, 05:06 PM
djrabbi
Lead Lap

Worse Service ever at Lexus of Rockville.

I go in and make me wait 20min and say yeah we cannot beat anything close to that so I asked what is the best you can do? They are like well you need to speak with finance manager about numbers. I am like no I don't. I haven't even test drove the car and you want me to fill out an app and talk to finance.

Finance guy comes out like you have to wait 30-40min at least so I said no sorry **** this. I can't even get a number? I haven't even drove the ****ing car and you want me to talk to you? Sorry I am leaving.

Selling Price: 44,991
Residual Price after 3 years: $28575 ( I call this bull****)
No Money Down
Money Factor: 16? Wtf is 16?
3Yr/15k.
$625/month

I didn't even want 15k to begin with. Anyone want to make $100 and negotiate this deal for me?

Edit: I had to call the dealership after I left and *****ed out the sales manager saying it is worse service I have ever got. Only way I can even get a number

Last edited by djrabbi; 07-15-15 at 05:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Lease: GS350 F-Sport