GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Another new feature - I may be last to notice.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 02:33 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Afrosheen
America is like the worst part of Halifax x100 in some areas. Just way too greasy. Plus gas stations are bum magnets, since people are constantly coming and going and often leave cars unlocked for a few seconds while they run inside.
Exactly! You can never be too careful. I feel it really depends on where you live. I live in a wealthy area but Im always in areas due to work or activities that puts me certain spots in houston that arent safe. Honeslty no place is considered safe anymore.

Also to the member who was wondering if I was too scared to walk down the street, the answer to that questions is no. Im always aware of my surroundings. Ive been in situations growing up where I've come close to getting robbed, but because I was aware of my surrounding, ive been able to avoid them. I refuse to become a victim of a crime.

Last edited by Sevn86; 07-27-15 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-27-15, 04:00 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 225 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Exactly! You can never be too careful. I feel it really depends on where you live. I live in a wealthy area but Im always in areas due to work or activities that puts me certain spots in houston that arent safe. Honeslty no place is considered safe anymore.

Also to the member who was wondering if I was too scared to walk down the street, the answer to that questions is no. Im always aware of my surroundings. Ive been in situations growing up where I've come close to getting robbed, but because I was aware of my surrounding, ive been able to avoid them. I refuse to become a victim of a crime.
Even rich, affluent areas aren't that safe anymore. Take Arcadia, CA for example...often considered the Asian Beverly Hills. The poorer people in the city and areas around it noticed that Asian women (with fancy cars and purses) are easy targets and began robbing them at gas stations, following them home to rob them, and doing simple reach and steal when their windows are open. It's unfortunate that our society has become like this. Everyone just needs to be alert and careful.
Old 07-27-15, 08:33 PM
Mr. Klean
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

A 78 year old man was just assaulted and kicked in the head around 6am yesterday morning. He stopped to get gas in his truck and as he went to swipe his card, two guys dressed in all black banged him over the head and held him at gun point and rummaged through his pockets. The whole thing was caught on video from the service station.

Gas station robberies are becoming all too common here in Florida. I heard of 3 this morning alone.
Old 07-27-15, 09:13 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
Even rich, affluent areas aren't that safe anymore. Take Arcadia, CA for example...often considered the Asian Beverly Hills. The poorer people in the city and areas around it noticed that Asian women (with fancy cars and purses) are easy targets and began robbing them at gas stations, following them home to rob them, and doing simple reach and steal when their windows are open. It's unfortunate that our society has become like this. Everyone just needs to be alert and careful.
I agree, just last month three families not too far from my house were tied up in the middle of the night, all while the intruders ransacked the house for over two hours. Only when they were able to free themselves were they able to call for help. That's why in my last post I mentioned no place is safe anymore. It doesn't make a difference where you live anymore. For those wondering, my family is originally from India, and it seems many from that country have been victimized in recent years. Like ItzFilyO said, being paranoid and extra careful is kinda programmed in us now. Having nice things also makes you an easy target for crime.

OP sorry for commenting so much in your thread not related to the original topic.
Old 07-27-15, 09:17 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Glad I'm not the only one. I know I'm not crazy.