GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Why do all Lexus have vossen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-15, 07:25 AM
jduong29
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 13FSPORT
Vossen has a good marketing team. They are over priced cast wheels. I don't understand how people will take factory light weight wheels off there cars and but over priced cast Vossen that heavier then your stock wheels and they are not even that good looking sorry but it's the truth.
That's why I keep my car stock and save my money!
Old 08-23-15, 05:48 AM
dajael
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gekae24
I ve checked pricing from several different vendors, sites, wheel shops and seems to be like they are over priced for 1 piece wheels almost the price of three piece in some cases, i was looking for 22s so perhaps thats the price difference. In my opinion it seems as if almost all gs look the same? Same mods same wheels? Just curious in no way am I trying to offend or put down quality or what have you. Just have been thinking this for a while now so, I figured I would get some opinions. Thankyou.
Your post isn't necessarily saying that you see too many Lexus with Vossens for you to feel "unique" if you got a set, but the responses have (imho) created that perception. You asked for opinions, so here is mine.

When you either Google Lexus + Vossen or come on this (Lexus) forum and do a Vossen search....you will certainly get the feeling that there are a lot of Lexus with Vossens. How many Lexus have you seen in person with Vossens?...(not including a car show)

I live in a HEAVY population of Lexus cars...probably something like 1 in 10 vehicles in my area are a Lexus, it's an overwhelming amount of these cars. Probably because the largest volume Lexus dealer since 1992 is about 5 miles from me. Other than my GS, I have only seen one other Lexus (of any model type, car or SUV) with Vossens and they were very different than mine. Btw, my local Lexus dealer has an aftermarket Wheels, Lowering and wrapping options and they only carry Vossen for the wheels and I've still only seen the one car.

Obviously, my point is this...if you are just referring to what you see on the internet, then you are getting a skewed sample of what's really out there. If, on the other hand, you see them in your area with great frequency, then I apologize for my lecture but I doubt this is the case.

Regarding the price, yes...when you go to 22" the price goes up significantly. I was pricing 22" Vossens for my Chrysler 300 SRT8 before I got the GS and they were WAY more expensive than the 20".

You have to be happy with your purchase both price and style. Hopefully you will be able to get what you like at a price that you're comfortable with.

Peace,

Jason
Old 08-23-15, 07:46 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dajael
Your post isn't necessarily saying that you see too many Lexus with Vossens for you to feel "unique" if you got a set, but the responses have (imho) created that perception. You asked for opinions, so here is mine.

When you either Google Lexus + Vossen or come on this (Lexus) forum and do a Vossen search....you will certainly get the feeling that there are a lot of Lexus with Vossens. How many Lexus have you seen in person with Vossens?...(not including a car show)

I live in a HEAVY population of Lexus cars...probably something like 1 in 10 vehicles in my area are a Lexus, it's an overwhelming amount of these cars. Probably because the largest volume Lexus dealer since 1992 is about 5 miles from me. Other than my GS, I have only seen one other Lexus (of any model type, car or SUV) with Vossens and they were very different than mine. Btw, my local Lexus dealer has an aftermarket Wheels, Lowering and wrapping options and they only carry Vossen for the wheels and I've still only seen the one car.

Obviously, my point is this...if you are just referring to what you see on the internet, then you are getting a skewed sample of what's really out there. If, on the other hand, you see them in your area with great frequency, then I apologize for my lecture but I doubt this is the case.

Regarding the price, yes...when you go to 22" the price goes up significantly. I was pricing 22" Vossens for my Chrysler 300 SRT8 before I got the GS and they were WAY more expensive than the 20".

You have to be happy with your purchase both price and style. Hopefully you will be able to get what you like at a price that you're comfortable with.

Peace,

Jason
You are right that if you count the cars sold in a particular area, few will have Vossens or any other wheel. But we enthusiasts go to car shows. Half the cars, or more will have Vossens.
I also count what I see on the internet cause we see them a lot. The net makes us more local in terms of frequent viewing.
I don't knock Vossens or any other wheel brand. As I said before, I give huge props to Vossens. But as with any product that is out there a lot, I don't follow others. I like to do my own thing.
The wheels on my car right now are nothing special....but I haven't seen them on any other RC350. Actually, I haven't seen them on any other car at all. I love that!
Old 08-23-15, 09:03 PM
gekae24
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Why do all Lexus have vossen?

Originally Posted by Ice350
You are right that if you count the cars sold in a particular area, few will have Vossens or any other wheel. But we enthusiasts go to car shows. Half the cars, or more will have Vossens.
I also count what I see on the internet cause we see them a lot. The net makes us more local in terms of frequent viewing.
I don't knock Vossens or any other wheel brand. As I said before, I give huge props to Vossens. But as with any product that is out there a lot, I don't follow others. I like to do my own thing.
The wheels on my car right now are nothing special....but I haven't seen them on any other RC350. Actually, I haven't seen them on any other car at all. I love that!
Well I ve seen a few with vossens. But it thank you for the responses,just a thought I was having.
Old 08-24-15, 06:38 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
Although I kinda agree with this, I also still see Lexus vehicles and others on the road in Boston with Vossen wheels on.