GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dealer car wash?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-15, 09:20 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

But I do keep my interior clean though. I hate those white marks left by my passengers and shoes scuffs on the door sills. Dealer porters always manage to scratch those plastic pieces. That's one of the reasons I don't let anyone drive my car unless I really have to.
Old 08-26-15, 05:34 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 658 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
My Lexus dealership (largest in the U.S.) has two car washes, and it's located just 5 minutes away.
You may want to re-check that, unless you moved to IL. LINK

I only let the dealer wash my wife's CR-V. If you really care about your car's appearance, you won't let them touch it!
Old 08-26-15, 07:30 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,562 Posts

Originally Posted by ITDude
Who is larger, Park Place or Sewell?
Park Place in Plano was the largest Lexus dealership in the U.S. as of a month ago, and is still the largest in the state of Texas.

Last edited by bclexus; 08-26-15 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-26-15, 07:34 AM
metrathon
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pushn2pull
I am done with Lexus Toyota Motor Company in 15 months!
Because of a fudged up car wash? Damn, you're sensitive ...
Old 08-26-15, 07:38 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,562 Posts

I'm 5min from Park Place Plano Lexus and the just careless, dents, scratches, unable to locate vehicle. I have been driving 20 additional minutes to Sewell off Lemmon. Monday Sewell gave me the poorest wash Ive ever witnessed. A charity wash would have been upgrade! The windows were so cloudy from dirty water used. I allmost didn't care to even tireshine my wheels. Good thing I did and discovered my driver side front wheel was curbed. Its all my fault I should have known better. I am done with Lexus Toyota Motor Company in 15 months!
I'll put you down for a MAYBE - about Lexus customer satisfaction...
Old 08-26-15, 08:02 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

I'm 5min from Park Place Plano Lexus and the just careless, dents, scratches, unable to locate vehicle. I have been driving 20 additional minutes to Sewell off Lemmon. Monday Sewell gave me the poorest wash Ive ever witnessed. A charity wash would have been upgrade! The windows were so cloudy from dirty water used. I allmost didn't care to even tireshine my wheels. Good thing I did and discovered my driver side front wheel was curbed. Its all my fault I should have known better. I am done with Lexus Toyota Motor Company in 15 months!
Dealerships are independently owned, they are not owned or operated by Lexus. Where you live, basically every luxury car dealership is Park Place or Sewell. So, being "done with Lexus" because of Park Place and Sewell isn't going to do much for you unless you're "done with luxury cars".

Better solution is to:

1. Stop letting them wash your car. I stopped letting dealers wash my cars years ago, and the one time I lapsed on that a couple years ago I paid for it.

2. Stop taking your car to the dealer. Find a good independent mechanic who will treat you and your car with respect. You'll save money too.
Old 08-26-15, 08:11 AM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Park Place in Plano was the largest Lexus dealership in the U.S. as of a month ago, and is still the largest in the state of Texas.
yeah keyword is was. Arlington Heights took that title last month. The place is about 30 mins from me and is huge. Has gym, movie theater, spa. But with it comes added pricing for everything! They wanted like $50+ than the other Lexus dealerships for the 40k service.
Old 08-26-15, 09:16 AM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I stopped using park place Plano for the free car wash...I just do it myself
Old 08-26-15, 10:06 AM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike728
If you really care about your car's appearance, you won't let them touch it!
That sounds about right. I never let them touch our cars. I make it clear (tell the advisor and leave a no wash paper on dash) but somehow they still managed to wash. And yeah letting poor service dictate your relationship with car brand is a bit too much IMO. You'll be surprised to find out how many at the service center are actually Lexus employees.
Old 08-27-15, 01:06 PM
Joe166
Rookie

When a dealer calls itself the worlds largest Lexus dealership they could easily mean that they have the largest lots, the largest showroom or who knows what. Jacksonville FL is the largest city in the state of Florida (and maybe the USA because they incorporated the entire county so they have the most square miles, but that isn't what most people think of when they talk about a large city.

I think most people think that the worlds largest Lexus dealer sells the most Lexus cars, don't you?

JM Lexus in Margate FL starts out their commercials and their website with this statement: Welcome to JM Lexus, the world's highest-volume Lexus dealership since 1992. Maybe they mean that when you add up all the cars they have sold in the past 23 years they have sold the most, but I think they claim that they sell the most cars each year since then.

Who knows? Better yet, who cares?
Old 08-27-15, 04:17 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,730 Likes on 1,956 Posts

Picked the LS up, they weren't supposed to wash it but did anyways. It survived, but came out dirtier than when it went in LOL. It had just been washed, they have a tunnel wash but they don't dry them, water spots everywhere, had to use the windshield washer just to see.

So if thats the "free wash" I would pass just for that reason alone.
Old 08-27-15, 04:55 PM
metrathon
Pole Position

Today they put the tints on my car. Llumar ceramic 15% back, 35% front, Air 90 windshield.
I was waiting in the lounge area to pick the car up, a nice lady comes to me "we're just getting her washed and ...". She didn't get to finish, I jumped from the chair "NO, NO, NO, you're so nice, but thanks no thanks!". Poor soul she had to run in the back to pull the car from the car wash line. She must have thought I'm crazy or something ...
Old 08-29-15, 02:03 PM
carlos3319
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldn't go near the dealer car wash if you care about your car, I've heard and seen some pretty horrible paint damage caused by poor car washing techniques.
Old 08-31-15, 08:12 PM
Samer327
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
I use to take my car to my local Lexus dealer for washes since that was a perk for customers that bought cars from them. They did a pretty decent job most of the time. I took it every other week until they recently stopped the free washes mandated by the city due to the drought. Now I'm back to hand washing it. I enjoy washing it, but I hate seeing all of the chips on my front bumper.
Which dealer where you taking it to? I've got the perk, but haven't used it.
Old 09-01-15, 03:01 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

A friend leased his ES from Escondido Lexus. He loved the fact he got free washes as part of the deal.
It turned out, he was getting free half-a$$ed rinse jobs (which the dealer called "washes").
He stopped going.

Quick Reply: Dealer car wash?