To F-Sport, or not to F-Sport?

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 02:38 PM
Sig1855
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default To F-Sport, or not to F-Sport?

Hi all,

I am going to be leasing a new 2015 GS350 in the next week or so and I am torn on whether or not to get the F-Sport Model. I have decided that I want the Nebula Grey exterior and I would like to find a car with the lighter colored interiors (preferably grey or flaxen). There's 1 car locally that is Grey/Grey and well equipped, but alas it is not an F-Sport.

So, I've been trying to talk myself into the non-F Sport car, but I can't get over how much nicer the F-Sport looks from the outside! I love the rims and front bumper.

I also am a bit apprehensive about the tire wear on the F-Sport as I drive about 15,000mi per year. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated!
Old 08-28-15, 02:41 PM
carlos3319
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get the luxury model and replace the grill with F-Sport grill. You'll get a more comfortable ride, tires will be the same all around (money savings), and you still get to have a nice car. The only thing i don't like about the luxury model (with F sport grill) is the foglight housing chrome, but you can paint them black or whatever.
Old 08-28-15, 03:02 PM
metrathon
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same situation like you. Love the F look, but love the Premium's more comfortable ride + wood trims even more. I ended up with the Premium. The way I see it, I spend waaaaaay more time *inside* the car driving it, then outside staring at it
Old 08-28-15, 04:40 PM
NebulaGrey
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts

there is a complete f sport front bumper for sale in the classifieds....
Old 08-28-15, 05:50 PM
puffdaddy
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have you DRIVEN both? That is what truely matters. If it weren't for the F sport with S+ mode, I wouldn't own a Lexus (yes, I know the Lux has S+, but it's got different wheels/tires). The other tirm levels were too soft for me. You shouldn't choose aa car just because it's in town. I drove 6 hours each way to get mine. If you settle, you'll always wonder "what if"....

My $.02
Old 08-28-15, 06:51 PM
lawdoc79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it is going to be very challenging for you to find a Nebula F-sport with anything other than Cabernet or Black interior on a dealer lot. I've been told they are no longer taking builds on a MY15. So if you like a lighter interior and the current styling, the one you found might be the one for you. Personally, I like the look of the non-F-sport, just not as much as the F-sport
Old 08-28-15, 08:42 PM
Sig1855
Rookie

Thanks for the replies, everyone had some good points. I will drive both again (haven't driven a luxury model since last year). The Cabernet interior has grown on me a lot but I still prefer the light grey. I'm going to go look at both cars together and make a decision!
Old 08-28-15, 09:48 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

U know u like the FSport better, so get the FSport. Don't make the same mistake like I did for not getting it in the first place. I had to sniff out a lot more money in the end to trade in early for the FSport. Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.

Mine has almost 13K miles and my original tires are still very thick, like new and I drive quite aggressively. Trust me, get the FSport and u will be happy for the rest of ur life.
Old 08-28-15, 10:01 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,156 Likes on 853 Posts

Was in a similar predicament a few months back. Drove Premium, F-Sport and Lux versions. Felt the Premium was the best value of the bunch. With the money saved, I have made the car my own in 3 months of ownership. It comes to down to your needs and $$$. Make sure your needs and budget align and you'll be happy...you can't go wrong with any version of the GS these days!
Old 08-29-15, 01:25 PM
neegroy
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...h-ravspec.html

heres my 13 non f sport.
Old 08-29-15, 01:33 PM
akuma88
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was like you trying to figure it out, but to be honest. I didnt see 10k+ being worth it for a F-Sport. Engine is the same...only thing that made me thing even slightly twice was the extra **** I can do on the Sport+ but even that I feel like its a gimmick. Why get a tighter and adaptive suspension for an engine barely breaking 305. I think if the gauges would be different like the IS F-sport and a bit more HP like 360 I might have done the F sport.

I say get wait for the GS_F lol
Old 08-30-15, 10:22 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Was in a similar predicament a few months back. Drove Premium, F-Sport and Lux versions. Felt the Premium was the best value of the bunch. With the money saved, I have made the car my own in 3 months of ownership. It comes to down to your needs and $$$. Make sure your needs and budget align and you'll be happy...you can't go wrong with any version of the GS these days!
I'm doing exactly what you did. I dropped the decision to buy an F sport just as I was walking into the finance department to sign papers. I asked If I could test drive a premium Gs350, and long story short I bought the Premium Gs350. Saved over 5k and I will use that to make this GS350 my own. I do like the look of the F sport bumper and will do a swap in the near future.
Old 08-30-15, 12:14 PM
1111GS

Received 92 Likes on 80 Posts

Get what you want but the saving difference is not that significant if you lease. 50-100 a month at most. The bigger wheels, better seats, avs, unique colors and frontal profile are definitely worth the extra IMO.
Old 08-30-15, 03:09 PM
Sig1855
Rookie

Thanks for all your input! I made my choice today and signed the deal.

I decided last night to get the F-Sport and they convinced me today when I went in by making me an incredible deal on one of the cars they had in stock. I had planned to get a base F-Sport, but they didn't have one. They gave me the loaded one in stock for the same price I had already been quoted.

2015 GS 350 F-Sport, Nebula Grey/Cabernet
Mark Levinson Audio, Park Assist, Blind Spot Monitor
MSRP $57,250

Can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday!
Old 08-30-15, 04:14 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by Sig1855
Thanks for all your input! I made my choice today and signed the deal.

I decided last night to get the F-Sport and they convinced me today when I went in by making me an incredible deal on one of the cars they had in stock. I had planned to get a base F-Sport, but they didn't have one. They gave me the loaded one in stock for the same price I had already been quoted.

2015 GS 350 F-Sport, Nebula Grey/Cabernet
Mark Levinson Audio, Park Assist, Blind Spot Monitor
MSRP $57,250

Can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday!
Good choice! I'm sure u will be happy with ur decision to get the FSport. Put it in Sport+ and let 'er rip! U'll be smiling all the time, like dis:

Quick Reply: To F-Sport, or not to F-Sport?