GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus Financial Services, Multiple Security Deposits (MSD), and lease end

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-15, 06:16 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Lexus Financial Services, Multiple Security Deposits (MSD), and lease end

Recently returned my '13 Lexus GS after a 36-months lease and wanted to share my experiences. I had them inspect my car 55 days prior to lease end. You can do the inspection within 60 days of lease end. Good to do early especially if your tires are pretty worn. Mine were 2-3/32nd so I didn't want to wait too long. Lexus allows you to have multiple small dents or scratches the size of a quarter. They don't charge you for it. So all of you who are leasing a new Lexus and paying something in the tune of $750 to cover lease end costs, you're wasting your money.

Lexus says you can return your Lexus to any dealer. However, the first dealer I went to (Tustin Lexus) said I know Lexus says that but huh maybe you can return your Lexus to the dealer down the street from us we don't have room at our dealer. So your experience may varied. All I know is I'm definitely not going to those lazy bastards for any future Lexus.

When I leased this car I put in a total of $6,300 in MSD. They wrote me a check for about $5,900 (MSD minus $350 disposition fee and taxes) about a month after lease end.

Finally, check your final statements carefully especially if you have it automatically taken from your checking account. Lexus Financial tried to charge me an extra payment after I turned in my lease. When you lease a car, the dealer collects the first payment the day you pick up the car. If you have a 36 months lease you owe them another 35 payments. Well they collected an extra payment from me even after I told them to stop auto payment after my last payment. Actually they tried to do it twice but they reversed one of the payment but not the other. Definitely left a sour taste in my mouth especially for someone like Lexus to not catch this. This is downright fraud in my book. Anyways I already voiced my dissatisfaction to Lexus I just think they could have done a lot better.

Anyways it's been fun can't believe it's 3 years already. This is a great forum and the GS is a great car you guys enjoy!
Old 08-28-15, 08:52 PM
lawdoc79
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mso4
Recently returned my '13 Lexus GS after a 36-months lease and wanted to share my experiences. I had them inspect my car 55 days prior to lease end. You can do the inspection within 60 days of lease end. Good to do early especially if your tires are pretty worn. Mine were 2-3/32nd so I didn't want to wait too long. Lexus allows you to have multiple small dents or scratches the size of a quarter. They don't charge you for it. So all of you who are leasing a new Lexus and paying something in the tune of $750 to cover lease end costs, you're wasting your money.

Lexus says you can return your Lexus to any dealer. However, the first dealer I went to (Tustin Lexus) said I know Lexus says that but huh maybe you can return your Lexus to the dealer down the street from us we don't have room at our dealer. So your experience may varied. All I know is I'm definitely not going to those lazy bastards for any future Lexus.

When I leased this car I put in a total of $6,300 in MSD. They wrote me a check for about $5,900 (MSD minus $350 disposition fee and taxes) about a month after lease end.

Finally, check your final statements carefully especially if you have it automatically taken from your checking account. Lexus Financial tried to charge me an extra payment after I turned in my lease. When you lease a car, the dealer collects the first payment the day you pick up the car. If you have a 36 months lease you owe them another 35 payments. Well they collected an extra payment from me even after I told them to stop auto payment after my last payment. Actually they tried to do it twice but they reversed one of the payment but not the other. Definitely left a sour taste in my mouth especially for someone like Lexus to not catch this. This is downright fraud in my book. Anyways I already voiced my dissatisfaction to Lexus I just think they could have done a lot better.

Anyways it's been fun can't believe it's 3 years already. This is a great forum and the GS is a great car you guys enjoy!
Thanks for the write up. I take it that they didn't ding you for the minimal tire tread? I read over in the bimmer forums that the dealer dings you if you return the vehicle with less than xx tread left. When I asked the Lexus CA about Lexus' policy, he told me that they expect the vehicle to be returned in a similar condition it was at the beginning of the lease, whatever that means.
Old 08-28-15, 10:05 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by lawdoc79
Thanks for the write up. I take it that they didn't ding you for the minimal tire tread? I read over in the bimmer forums that the dealer dings you if you return the vehicle with less than xx tread left. When I asked the Lexus CA about Lexus' policy, he told me that they expect the vehicle to be returned in a similar condition it was at the beginning of the lease, whatever that means.
They did not ding me for the tires. As long as tire cords don't show you should be fine on tires.

Also that CA is incorrect. You do not bring the car back in similar condition at the beginning. For example you can have exterior scratches up to the size of a credit card. Here are more details on that:

https://www.lexusfinancial.com/pub/s...et_10_2013.pdf
Old 08-28-15, 10:15 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

really? i thought i read somewhere in the lease document that the tires need to have at least 4/32. wonderful if i can turn in the car with that little tread left
Old 08-28-15, 11:07 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

Received 124 Likes on 82 Posts

I know what you mean. I'll be at 3 years soon too. Been looking for my replacement car
How's that BMW?
Old 08-28-15, 11:52 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rominl
really? i thought i read somewhere in the lease document that the tires need to have at least 4/32. wonderful if i can turn in the car with that little tread left
You're good as long as the cords are not exposed. So technically you can go down to the treadwear bar and still be ok. Overall they are not that strict about the condition of your car. They expect you to bring the car back with reasonable wear and tear.

On another note, my car's residual was $33,535. I just saw my car listed at another dealer for $36,980 just in case anyone is interested. This car is in perfect condition and I certainly pampered it. It looks like they replaced all the tires. I already miss the car looking at it.

http://www.crownlexus.com/VehicleDet...-CA/2594111583
Old 08-28-15, 11:59 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by biggame
I know what you mean. I'll be at 3 years soon too. Been looking for my replacement car
How's that BMW?
Oh my god just another beast entirely. The power is brutal. There are three shock settings, the softest is about the same as the GS350 in Sport. The exhaust can be quiet or super loud. The dual clutch transmission is lighting quick. Even the transmission has three setting so it can shift extremely smooth or brutal fast. I absolutely love it! I would have loved to get an RC or RCF but the design doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'll do a comparison with the GS350 in a month or so when I have at least 3k miles.
Old 08-29-15, 12:16 AM
biggame
Lead Lap

Oh my god just another beast entirely. The power is brutal. There are three shock settings, the softest is about the same as the GS350 in Sport. The exhaust can be quiet or super loud. The dual clutch transmission is lighting quick. Even the transmission has three setting so it can shift extremely smooth or brutal fast. I absolutely love it! I would have loved to get an RC or RCF but the design doesn't do it for me. Maybe I'll do a comparison with the GS350 in a month or so when I have at least 3k miles.
I have been wanting to test drive one. Just don't know if it's for me? I'm not a fan of the RCF either, maybe the GSF? Somebody just needs to come up with a tune for those cars.
Lately, I have been eyeing the new Mustang/Shelby GT350. I know, I could have a lot of fun with those cars, and make them extremely fast. But I feel like I would just be reliving my
youth..lol. My first car war was a Mustang GT.
Next time you see me honk or come by my shop, so I could see the car
Old 08-29-15, 11:25 AM
mso4
Pole Position

I have been wanting to test drive one. Just don't know if it's for me? I'm not a fan of the RCF either, maybe the GSF? Somebody just needs to come up with a tune for those cars.
Lately, I have been eyeing the new Mustang/Shelby GT350. I know, I could have a lot of fun with those cars, and make them extremely fast. But I feel like I would just be reliving my
youth..lol. My first car war was a Mustang GT.
Next time you see me honk or come by my shop, so I could see the car
I love the new Mustang GT350. No need to relive anything, just live haha. I thought I saw your car at the Shell gas station a couple weeks ago. But the driver had a long beard, so unless you grew one I couldn't recognize you lol. Yeah I'll definitely swing by, I forgot which shop you're at?
Old 08-29-15, 01:04 PM
jahdish
Rookie

Thanks for the info. I have two and a half months left on mine. How are they about brake wear?
Old 08-29-15, 02:30 PM
mso4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jahdish
Thanks for the info. I have two and a half months left on mine. How are they about brake wear?
They did not drive my car during inspection so I doubt they would know. You can have your car inspected as early as 60 days before your lease ends. So just to be sure I would call and make the appt now.
Old 08-29-15, 06:25 PM
biggame
Lead Lap

I love the new Mustang GT350. No need to relive anything, just live haha. I thought I saw your car at the Shell gas station a couple weeks ago. But the driver had a long beard, so unless you grew one I couldn't recognize you lol. Yeah I'll definitely swing by, I forgot which shop you're at?
ha ha..That was me. You were right across from me right? I thought that was you, but unsure because the BMW. I almost started a conversation about your car
Old 08-29-15, 09:47 PM
mso4
Pole Position

ha ha..That was me. You were right across from me right? I thought that was you, but unsure because the BMW. I almost started a conversation about your car
Oh damn that's too hilarious. Ok next time I'll know!
Old 08-30-15, 07:46 AM
seekup
Driver School Candidate

Good info on the lease turn in. Thanks for posting!