GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS got vandalized last night

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-15, 10:04 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Or u could get those USB portable battery with a very high mAh number and hook up ur dash cam at night.

My dash cam has 32GB storage and can record like 12 hrs or so and I probably gonna get a 25K mAh portable battery and hook it up at night. The built in battery only last 5 mins. But then again some of these cams don't have a good night vision, including mine.
Old 09-17-15, 12:52 PM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
What color is your car?
It's Liquid Platinum

So spoke with the adjuster this morning and the total damage was at $2k since the key marks were down to the metal. I then took it to Park Place Lexus in Plano, Tx and dropped it off for them to repaint essentially the entire passenger side of the car. I'm a firm believer in karma so I know that person who did it will get what's coming to them.

On a positive note, Park Place did provide a Lexus loaner car at no charge for the approx 2 weeks they'll have my GS, I selected the NX200t.

Here are some pics of le damage!

Old 09-17-15, 01:00 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

The non-FSport NX front end is so ugly. The rest of the car is good except the front end. I got one too as a loaner and couldn't wait to give it back and get my GS back!
Old 09-17-15, 02:14 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Man that sucks! Hopefully they will have it back to you good as new and you won't even be able to tell it was damaged.
Old 09-17-15, 03:09 PM
JamesGS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about that. I call these people haters.
Old 09-17-15, 03:10 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Haters are gonna hate. And get caught.

Old 09-18-15, 06:22 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Ouch, that's terrible. As a fellow resident of the DFW area, do you mind if I ask where this occurred?
It occurred off of Greenville Ave and SMU BLVD.
Old 09-18-15, 07:28 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Sorry about this. Can't wait to see some After pic when it's all repaired.
Old 09-18-15, 01:47 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Some hater keyed my car while I was at the gym. I was livid. The cq finest kept it from going to the metal. My detailer said it may buff out.. But not to be optimistic
Old 09-18-15, 02:03 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Whats with all the hate against GS350's? Now I gotta start parking mine in the garage every night.
Old 09-18-15, 02:07 PM
SSTG
Driver

Originally Posted by popping

Some hater keyed my car while I was at the gym. I was livid. The cq finest kept it from going to the metal. My detailer said it may buff out.. But not to be optimistic
That won't buff out. The appearance will be lessened by leveling the scratch but it's to deep to completely remove.

I own a Detail shop here in St.Louis... it could however be filled and wet sanded to be almost unnoticable.

Thankfully the people at my gym are cool, somebody must have been jealous of you bro!
Old 09-18-15, 04:43 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SSTG
That won't buff out. The appearance will be lessened by leveling the scratch but it's to deep to completely remove.

I own a Detail shop here in St.Louis... it could however be filled and wet sanded to be almost unnoticable.

Thankfully the people at my gym are cool, somebody must have been jealous of you bro!
Yeah he said he'd try buffing first.. Then perhaps use Dr chip to fill it and then rebuff and recoat
Old 09-19-15, 12:58 PM
TuckerE36
Rookie

So update......I don't know what the heck is going on but someone keyed the Lexus NX loaner last night!!!! This is insane! I've never had a car vandalized before now 2 in the same week! Is there something that people have against Lexus?!

So this morning I called Park Place to inform them that their loaner car had been keyed, they said they'll make a note and deal with it when i return the car, didn't sound too thrilled about it but there's nothing i can do about this.

This time the Lexus was parked at my gf apartment garage which is also gated. I have a feeling I'm going to have to sell the GS when i get it back from the dealership...
Old 09-19-15, 01:06 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Haters are gonna hate. And get caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dydfyg1yVdI
Got to look into one of these cameras too. Technology is advancing like crazy and I bet a few hundred bucks you could get a really compact one mounted near the top of the windshield. They now also come with side view, or 3d view, I just got to read up on it. In other countries a dash cam is mandatory and if you get into accident, it is an easy proof if you are not at fault.

Last edited by Martin321; 09-19-15 at 01:12 PM.
Old 09-19-15, 04:01 PM
popping
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
So update......I don't know what the heck is going on but someone keyed the Lexus NX loaner last night!!!! This is insane! I've never had a car vandalized before now 2 in the same week! Is there something that people have against Lexus?!

So this morning I called Park Place to inform them that their loaner car had been keyed, they said they'll make a note and deal with it when i return the car, didn't sound too thrilled about it but there's nothing i can do about this.

This time the Lexus was parked at my gf apartment garage which is also gated. I have a feeling I'm going to have to sell the GS when i get it back from the dealership...
So it's an ex. Either yours or hers.

Quick Reply: GS got vandalized last night