GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS got vandalized last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-15, 10:36 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
Well one would think that a massive dealership such as Park Place Lexus in Plano would be certified to work on their own vehicles...
One would think so...but that is not the case.

I have no idea which body shops/collision centers they use. Maybe they even own one or two local shops and use it for training - who knows.

The word is - if you want your Lexus repaired/repainted like it was never damaged - have one of the Lexus Certified Collision Centers do it. And, let them know ahead of time that you expect it to be perfect...
Old 10-02-15, 09:05 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

May be time to install some sort of surveillance camera in your vehicle...
Old 10-03-15, 10:29 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This totally sucks. I despise people that key cars, and yeah, it's usually a butthurt girl or someone with that same mentality. My ex wife was a badass waittress and the other wait staff was usually jealous of her making big bucks. One night she came home and her 2009 Accord coupe was keyed to oblivion. Just a disgusting sight to see. Not only because it sucks but dealing with getting it repaired to your satisfaction, which is a coin toss, is also a massive headache.

I hope the plot twist isn't your girlfriend doing this to get back at you for forgetting her birthday or some other trivial ****. But at this point it seems way too coincidental and more personal.
Old 10-03-15, 10:38 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

One way to tell... Go to Hertz. Get a rental with the full coverage. Park it in your space.
Old 10-04-15, 12:45 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Any updates?
Old 10-04-15, 07:30 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by rijc99
One way to tell... Go to Hertz. Get a rental with the full coverage. Park it in your space.
And make sure it's "nice enough" to draw attention.
Old 10-04-15, 07:43 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by rijc99
Yeah I agree! This is a great idea. It's much cheaper too then having to get the car repainted again.
Old 10-04-15, 09:05 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,063 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Another question... Are your spots assigned or random..??

If they are assigned... Setting up surveillance stings is going to be cheaper in the long run..

Clearly the problem is not going away, unless the person is caught..

Also, if the lots are gated.. How are they gaining access??

Maybe a neighbor...

Joe Z
Old 10-05-15, 05:06 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Prinny
Any updates?
GS is getting repainted for a second time at Park Place, as well as the other things im making them replace as well.

Originally Posted by jtrue28
And make sure it's "nice enough" to draw attention.
Hertz has some nice rental cars at DFW, I'll rent a new M5

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Another question... Are your spots assigned or random..??

If they are assigned... Setting up surveillance stings is going to be cheaper in the long run..

Clearly the problem is not going away, unless the person is caught..

Also, if the lots are gated.. How are they gaining access??

Maybe a neighbor...

Joe Z
It is an assigned spot in a gated parking garage. I don't know anyone that lives there. Who the heck knows, they did key a Jag XJL supercharged too not just my GS.

All I know is that if Park Place doesn't make it perfect and replace all of the things I listed THEY damaged, I will not accept the car. I will most likely toss the keys and tell them to keep it and cancel the lease...
Old 10-05-15, 08:48 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

GS is getting repainted for a second time at Park Place, as well as the other things im making them replace as well.

All I know is that if Park Place doesn't make it perfect and replace all of the things I listed THEY damaged, I will not accept the car. I will most likely toss the keys and tell them to keep it and cancel the lease...
Where exactly is Park Place having the work done? Is the shop owned by Park Place, or is it independent of Park Place?
Old 10-05-15, 08:57 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Surprised that they don't have cameras at that parking garage hmm
Old 10-08-15, 02:08 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Originally Posted by bclexus
Where exactly is Park Place having the work done? Is the shop owned by Park Place, or is it independent of Park Place?
They are doing it "in house" at the dealership. It's a pretty massive dealership and has won many awards which is why I felt pretty safe in my choice sending it there.

None the less I emailed the service manager and my sales manager about doing a lease swap because im not confident that park place will ever get the car 100% correctly fixed.

They lease swap I want is for a 2015 RC350 F Sport:

I'm going this morning to push for the swap and try to get paper work started. I also want it for the same lease terms as my GS which was $0 down and $500 a month for 36 months. If I can neg for less I will.
Old 10-08-15, 08:51 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Good luck! Hope eventually you'll find out who's been going around keying peoples cars... *******s
Old 10-12-15, 02:30 PM
TuckerE36
Rookie

So quick update. My GS was suppose to be ready this past Friday,.... it wasn't. Called Saturday, no one called me back. Got an email this morning from my service manager saying that my GS was finally ready pending the body shop managers approval of the repairs.

2pm rolls around no response, so I email the service manager for a status update. She tells me that the body shop manager reviewed the car and was unhappy with a few areas and is sending it back to get repainted... for the THIRD time!

This is completely unacceptable, so It will be another 4 days or so until it's "ready" again. Not to mention I asked if they replaced the tail light and other exterior and interior trim pieces that park placed damaged the first time repairing and their response was they "buffed them". The agreement was to have the damaged parts replace not "buffed".

Also having a difficult time getting the new car sales manager to contact me back after emails and voicemails... I've already made a formal compliant to Lexus N.A. just to have everything documented
Old 10-12-15, 02:46 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Toss the keys and tell them to keep it and cancel the lease...

Who is your service manager?

Quick Reply: GS got vandalized last night