GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS got vandalized last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-15, 03:21 PM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Toss the keys and tell them to keep it and cancel the lease...

Who is your service manager?
The service manger is Sarah Murrell. She has been awesome. She has been very professional and helpful to the best of her abilities, it's not her fault. It's their lazy talentless workers in the body shop.

Tremayne is the new car manager. I've been trying to get ahold of him all day, finally my sales manger emailed me back saying he was in "training" all day and will call me back this evening. I asked for the directors name and number but no one has provided that yet.

I'm tired of this beat to hell ES300h they've gave me for loaner car. I'm past the point to wanting my GS back because now I'm certain it still won't be correct.
Old 10-12-15, 05:56 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,562 Posts

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
The service manger is Sarah Murrell. She has been awesome. She has been very professional and helpful to the best of her abilities, it's not her fault. It's their lazy talentless workers in the body shop.

Tremayne is the new car manager. I've been trying to get ahold of him all day, finally my sales manger emailed me back saying he was in "training" all day and will call me back this evening. I asked for the directors name and number but no one has provided that yet.

I'm tired of this beat to hell ES300h they've gave me for loaner car. I'm past the point to wanting my GS back because now I'm certain it still won't be correct.
Best of luck with it...
Old 10-13-15, 08:35 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Definitely work on getting surveillance set up. You need to catch this POS in the act, otherwise they'll just continue to key all of your cars. Have they keyed your loaner ES?
Old 10-19-15, 03:18 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Definitely work on getting surveillance set up. You need to catch this POS in the act, otherwise they'll just continue to key all of your cars. Have they keyed your loaner ES?
Well something has scratched the ES that I just noticed the other day, and I've been looking everyday for scratches.

It's like this on both sides of the Lexus emblem, and I back in when I park every time.....
Old 10-19-15, 05:50 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Wow that's crazy! Who keeps keying/ scratching your cars? Did you get to put up some sort of surveillance like everyone's been mentioning?
Old 10-19-15, 06:38 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm surprised that no one has suggested getting a different parking space far way from where you have been parking in the past. Then if your car is keyed, you will know for certain that you are being stalked. At that point, the police should get involved.

I'm in the DFW area too. I have used Caliber Collision in Colleyville to repair damage to two Lexus and one BMW automobiles in the past couple of years with excellent results. Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth recommends them and uses them for all their repair work. They do an outstanding job.
Old 10-19-15, 06:42 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Yeah, you have someone stalking/terrorizing you. I would get the police involved.
Old 10-19-15, 06:54 AM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Holy crap. This is insane now. You have to stalk the garage for a night or two and try to catch them on video.
Old 10-19-15, 08:47 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh, I hope you set up some sort of surveillance.
Old 10-19-15, 08:55 AM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
Well something has scratched the ES that I just noticed the other day, and I've been looking everyday for scratches.

It's like this on both sides of the Lexus emblem, and I back in when I park every time.....
Do you have any buddies who live in the same building as you with dashcams? It would be great if they park in front of your car so a dashcam will always be pointing at your car to catch anybody in the act.

Edit: Just read your post saying you don't know anybody in the building. Think its time for you to get cameras all around your new car or enlist the help of the person whose car faces yours.

Last edited by RoiteTrom; 10-19-15 at 09:01 AM.
Old 10-19-15, 06:44 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Stake the place out, hide in the bushes or somewhere dark all night and wait for this punk. This is beyond anything I've ever seen, so many cars keyed for what? Loaners, new car, the Jag one spot over, it's ludicrous.

Someone really has it out for you whether you know it or not. Maybe you have a downstairs neighbor that doesn't like to hear you walking.
Old 10-19-15, 10:55 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

This is crazy! Time to catch this SOB! They need to be punished for disrespecting other's property. I wonder what's Texas' laws regarding vandalism like this...

I agree with others above that you should invest in a dash cam or GoPro with a huge memory card placed under a hat on the dash of the car (put some black tape over the LED) in the space across from your space. A cheaper solution would be to see if the landlord would be willing to put up signs that say that the premises is monitored/patrolled; doubt the vandals are smart or motivated enough to see if it's true.

I'm sure the dealer won't be too happy to see this damage, and your insurance won't be either. Hopefully your deductible isn't too much.

Last edited by dchar; 10-19-15 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-20-15, 09:12 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
I wonder what's Texas' laws regarding vandalism like this...
This one's easy...just shoot till they die...its texas man!
(I should talk...Florida is second on the crazy line)

On a serious tip, Im subscribing in anticipation of sweet sweet revenge
Old 10-20-15, 09:23 AM
jkeller
Advanced

Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts

Other side of the coin, you are not doing something in your private personal life that would provoke someone to do this to you? Not trying to be a jerk, this just seems to be very personal.
Old 10-20-15, 10:21 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeller
Other side of the coin, you are not doing something in your private personal life that would provoke someone to do this to you? Not trying to be a jerk, this just seems to be very personal.
That is something to consider, but he did mention that a Jaguar also got vandalized...so it almost seems to be a jealousy thing.

Quick Reply: GS got vandalized last night