GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

GS got vandalized last night

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-15, 10:59 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dchar
That is something to consider, but he did mention that a Jaguar also got vandalized...so it almost seems to be a jealousy thing.
OR the person vandalizing thought it was his whip, since he said the Jag was parked next to his GS.
Old 10-20-15, 05:02 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Umm time to set up a Camera sting... Not sure what you're waiting for

Mini HD Spy Cameras are cheap & easy to hide in your car.. Wireless as well.. Just point in the direction the perp will be walking towards..

Problem is, its going to take another keying session to nail them..

~ Joe Z

Originally Posted by TuckerE36

Well something has scratched the ES that I just noticed the other day, and I've been looking everyday for scratches.

It's like this on both sides of the Lexus emblem, and I back in when I park every time.....

Old 10-20-15, 05:33 PM
Martin321
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Umm time to set up a Camera sting... Not sure what you're waiting for

Mini HD Spy Cameras are cheap & easy to hide in your car.. Wireless as well.. Just point in the direction the perp will be walking towards..

Problem is, its going to take another keying session to nail them..

~ Joe Z
You have a link for a wireless Spy Cameras? ones that don't require WIFI or cars battery? The best that I can find is a motion sensor ones that turns on when it senses some kind of motion or bang around the car and then will turn on and can go back 30 seconds or so.
The real battery cam might last a few hours only or a bit more, plus all the recording and night vision compatibility.

If what you are saying is so easy, then provide us a link. I am in the market of getting a new RX350 F sport and I am willing to spend $500 for a cam that monitors my car while I am in bed. I do know that the new ones have a 180 degree viewing angle but that they are for cars only when plugged in and running on cars battery. I have been reading into this for a while now, but I am not sure if all of this is that easy.

Last edited by Martin321; 10-20-15 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-20-15, 08:10 PM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

http://m.thehomesecuritysuperstore.com/motion%C2%A0activated-spy-cameras-night-vision-motion-start-camstick-p=4918

Portable covert camstick with extended battery life
Night vision capability
Battery can last up to 29 days in standby mode
Motion sensor activated by movement up to 30 feet away
Mounting bracket and stand make it possible to place the camstick almost anywhere
Audio recording also offered besides video
Continuous or motion detection recording option
Motion detection activates recording only when movement in sensed
Records from 30 seconds to 5 minutes on detecting motion
Device goes into standby to preserve battery when no more movement is sensed
Battery charges via AC outlet
In continuous recording mode battery can last up to 5 hours
Auto-overwrite feature erases oldest files and replaces with new recording
Time/date stamp
Video Resolution: 640 x 480, 320 x 240
Frame Rate: Adjustable 10/15/30 FPS
AVI video format
Compatible with Microsoft Windows (up to Windows 8) and OS X
Storage: Supports microSD card up to 32GB
Dimensions: 3" x 1.875" x 1"
Includes: USB cable
Includes: AC adapter
Includes: 4GB microSD card
Includes: Camstick stand
Includes: Mounting bracket
Includes: Instruction manual
Lifetime Limited Warranty

Last edited by MEAHT; 10-20-15 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-20-15, 08:17 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

IR won't work behind glass. The IR LEDs would just reflect back off the glass. Most cameras take a ton of juice and are useless in dark environments. And the frame rates of these cheapo cameras are horrible.
Old 10-20-15, 08:49 PM
Martin321
Driver

Originally Posted by rijc99
IR won't work behind glass. The IR LEDs would just reflect back off the glass. Most cameras take a ton of juice and are useless in dark environments. And the frame rates of these cheapo cameras are horrible.
I wonder if the movement can be detected while the cam is inside the car...Got to remember, it is not a private house or garage, it a public parking lot in doors. I have the same in my building. I would not post a cam in a public parking lot, someone would just take it.
Old 10-21-15, 12:35 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Wow that's crazy! Who keeps keying/ scratching your cars? Did you get to put up some sort of surveillance like everyone's been mentioning?
I literally have no idea, this is getting out of control though. I'm going to try and research something to put up and start surveillance. It's just difficult because i work nights, 60 hours a week.

Originally Posted by rjm
I'm surprised that no one has suggested getting a different parking space far way from where you have been parking in the past. Then if your car is keyed, you will know for certain that you are being stalked. At that point, the police should get involved.

I'm in the DFW area too. I have used Caliber Collision in Colleyville to repair damage to two Lexus and one BMW automobiles in the past couple of years with excellent results. Autobahn BMW in Fort Worth recommends them and uses them for all their repair work. They do an outstanding job.
I think i might ask for a different reserved spot, thing is ive lived there for over a year without any problem and i have two cars. I park my 350z next to the lexus and it never has been touched.

Originally Posted by yardie876
Holy crap. This is insane now. You have to stalk the garage for a night or two and try to catch them on video.
wish i had the time, the garage is in the basement of the complex though. Might ask for a reserved spot on the first level where there is more traffic.

Originally Posted by jkeller
Other side of the coin, you are not doing something in your private personal life that would provoke someone to do this to you? Not trying to be a jerk, this just seems to be very personal.
No i just work my 60 hours a week in a Level 1 ER and then spend the rest of the time with my lady.

Originally Posted by dchar
That is something to consider, but he did mention that a Jaguar also got vandalized...so it almost seems to be a jealousy thing.
that's the thing i don't know who could be jealous and what they would be jealous of...

Update on Park Place... They said my GS will be done this Thursday.... They had to repaint it FOUR TIMES!!! still have a meeting with the Director of the dealership pertaining getting me out of the lease and into the RC350 F Sport. We will see. I really like the GS but i still don't think it's going to turn out right when i pick it up on Thursday...The clear coat just doesn't look uniform and glossy like it should...

As far as all these scratch marks on the loaners, my insurance covers this under liability so i don't have to actually pay a deductible... for now haha
Old 10-21-15, 08:59 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would get a motion sensing dash cam asap.. that would have solved your problems much earlier. A decent one is going to set you back around $250+ though.
Old 10-21-15, 09:01 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Martin321
You have a link for a wireless Spy Cameras? ones that don't require WIFI or cars battery? The best that I can find is a motion sensor ones that turns on when it senses some kind of motion or bang around the car and then will turn on and can go back 30 seconds or so.
The real battery cam might last a few hours only or a bit more, plus all the recording and night vision compatibility.

If what you are saying is so easy, then provide us a link. I am in the market of getting a new RX350 F sport and I am willing to spend $500 for a cam that monitors my car while I am in bed. I do know that the new ones have a 180 degree viewing angle but that they are for cars only when plugged in and running on cars battery. I have been reading into this for a while now, but I am not sure if all of this is that easy.

You could get both. A decent motion sensing cam is going to set you back around $250+ like I stated earlier. There was also a thread that someone started asking about dash cams and what not. You can use that dash cam or really any dash cam in combination with one of those high capacity ones that MEAHT posted.

Massdrop has this going on right now. The previous one ended

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/blackvue-dr750lw-2ch

Last edited by Prinny; 10-21-15 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-21-15, 02:09 PM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Little Update... Park Place emailed saying my GS was ready and that I could pick it up at my leisure. I pulled into the service bay and parked the loaner, went to where my GS was park and visually inspected it before my service advisor came out....

It was still not fixed correctly.....Not to mention there was white overspray all over the hood and the entire interior was covered and dust from them sanding....I honestly lost it out there. By this time the body shop manager had come out to the car and gave me the keys.

I showed him everything that was STILL wrong with the paint and then literally tossed the keys on the roof and said i was DONE...He felt really embarrassed stating he had told his staff to fully detail the car earlier in the morning....which they obviously didn't do.

my service manager was embarrassed as well which they should be....the quality of work is SO **** poor..... i've had it. They treat yaris's better than this... I demanded to speak to Patrick who's the director and was told he was out for the day but he'll be returning tomorrow morning at 8:30am...

So i'm on my 4th loaner car and this will be the 5TH time the GS is fixed...
Old 10-21-15, 02:42 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Sucks to hear they still haven't fixed your car to your satisfaction. Fingers crossed the jerk who's been keying your car and the loaners doesn't come out to damage this new loaner they gave you. Do you not have any guest parking spots in your garage that you could park your car/ loaners in? I would try that and see if the keying stops.
Old 10-21-15, 02:44 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Please please please get some sort of motion sensing dash cam or one of those dash cams with a high capacity battery or one where you can hook it up with an external battery.. it hurts to watch this unfold when the solution is right there.
Old 10-21-15, 02:44 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

No no, park it in your regular spot and see if it gets keyed. You need to solve the original problem before you park a new car in that spot.
Old 10-21-15, 04:30 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TuckerE36

I literally have no idea, this is getting out of control though. I'm going to try and research something to put up and start surveillance. It's just difficult because i work nights, 60 hours a week.

I think i might ask for a different reserved spot, thing is ive lived there for over a year without any problem and i have two cars. I park my 350z next to the lexus and it never has been touched.

wish i had the time, the garage is in the basement of the complex though. Might ask for a reserved spot on the first level where there is more traffic.
You have to mount the small hidden camera inside your car and point it towards the direction in which the perp would be walking to damage your car...

You dont have to sit there and wait for it to happen again.

Also the Police needs to be informed of past & present damage so they can charge the person with personal property damage / vanadalism once they are caught..

Good Luck
Old 01-05-16, 12:44 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Any update on this story? Ever find the guy who kept keying your car?

Quick Reply: GS got vandalized last night