Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

So what's the update?
Old 01-11-16, 01:16 AM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sevn86
So what's the update?
Well the update is, no I didn't ever find out who the person is. I'm almost certain it's someone who lives at my complex though.

After fighting with Lexus for 3 months I finally got them to take the GS back because it took them 6 times to fix the paint and then by that time they broke so many trim pieces I was fed up.

So mid December they agreed to take the GS back and I got a brand new RC 350 F sport. And within having it less than 10 hours someone at my complex keyed the rear passenger side measuring about 1.5 feet long. I buffed and cleaned it up as much as I could and it's rarely even noticeable, I will have it corrected by another place as soon as the Blackvue dash cam I ordered comes in.

Pics of the RC

Old 01-11-16, 04:28 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice car! you should have ordered that dash cam when your GS was being painted. That way by the time you bought your RC it would already been available to install on your RC before it got scratched. You may have gotten him on video. I xant believe some stranger will get out off the way of his time to damage tour car unless he personally knows you and have a vendetta against you. I hope this turd get caught and brought to justice. Hope everything goes well with your new car.
Old 01-11-16, 05:46 AM
isekii
Rookie

You should find out who's parked across ask the person possibly have a camera set up in the rear or front temporarily so you can see who's doing it.

The douche that's vandalizing your car will have no idea.
Old 01-11-16, 05:49 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Congrats on the new car! Sucks that this was keyed as well. Definitely get that dash cam installed ASAP. I would have asked for a different parking spot before bringing the new RC home, that way the idiot keying your car wouldn't know it's yours. Good luck with the new ride and most importantly catching that turd.
Old 01-11-16, 08:35 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 227 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
Well the update is, no I didn't ever find out who the person is. I'm almost certain it's someone who lives at my complex though.

After fighting with Lexus for 3 months I finally got them to take the GS back because it took them 6 times to fix the paint and then by that time they broke so many trim pieces I was fed up.

So mid December they agreed to take the GS back and I got a brand new RC 350 F sport. And within having it less than 10 hours someone at my complex keyed the rear passenger side measuring about 1.5 feet long. I buffed and cleaned it up as much as I could and it's rarely even noticeable, I will have it corrected by another place as soon as the Blackvue dash cam I ordered comes in.
Congrats on the new ride! That sucks this guy already keyed your new ride. As mentioned in another thread, make sure there's a small sticker somewhere indicating that you are recording video and audio so that you can use it to your advantage when reporting the crime.
Old 01-11-16, 01:11 PM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 211 Likes on 145 Posts

Man, you're taking this so much better than I would be. I would have already moved by now....like completely different complex, city, whatever it takes.
Old 01-11-16, 01:19 PM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrue28
Man, you're taking this so much better than I would be. I would have already moved by now....like completely different complex, city, whatever it takes.
+1 ^^^^

Even though you find who is doing this, police will put your case on the bottom of the table. Typically it's like "we have higher priority crimes that needs to be taken care of..."
Old 01-11-16, 01:56 PM
kdphan
Driver

I would've lost it If I found out who did that to my car

Like baseball/putter to that person's knee
Old 01-11-16, 02:14 PM
TuckerE36
Rookie

Thanks everyone! And to be honest the next morning when I saw that the RC had been keyed I was pretty furious but I needed to remain calm because acting any other way wasn't going to do any good either.

As far as the dash cam is concerned I'm not sure it will help that much. Say I do catch the person on video, then what? I still don't know their name, what unit they live in or who they are.

As far as changing spots I feel that doesn't matter because anyone can spot that car no matter what spot I park in. I'm certainly not renewing my lease at this place.
Old 01-11-16, 02:33 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Video is gold, you can give it to the cops and the management at your place.

I'd like to see who this scumbag is, if you ever catch them I'll hide in the bushes with a bat.
Old 01-11-16, 03:38 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

When is your lease up?
Old 01-11-16, 05:04 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by TuckerE36
Thanks everyone! And to be honest the next morning when I saw that the RC had been keyed I was pretty furious but I needed to remain calm because acting any other way wasn't going to do any good either.

As far as the dash cam is concerned I'm not sure it will help that much. Say I do catch the person on video, then what? I still don't know their name, what unit they live in or who they are.

As far as changing spots I feel that doesn't matter because anyone can spot that car no matter what spot I park in. I'm certainly not renewing my lease at this place.
Well if the angle is right... You might see what car they get in and out of...

Then you have plate #, parking spot # and a visual on the person...

And to be very honest... There is no way in my right would I allow this person to key my property more than once..

The amount of damage this person has caused you is adding up..!!

Joe Z
Old 01-11-16, 08:01 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Throw a tent in the parking garage and wait in your tent until you see the person keying your car comes near it to key it and then open a can of @SS whooping on him. LoL
Old 01-12-16, 07:40 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

Thanks for the updates TuckerE36. Congrats on your new RC! Sweet ride - that's definitely an eye catching color.

I honestly cannot believe someone scratched the RC already. Knowing about your past trouble & someone's hate on Lexus vehicles (or possibly hate on you), I would have never brought the RC home until I had a surveillance system in place!

It's a bit shocking too because I thought the SMU campus area was quite trouble free/safe from all these nuisances. It's one of nicer parts of Dallas, from the little that I know of the city.

I do sincerely hope you can catch this scumbag in the act and turn it into the police. Justice needs to be serviced.

All the best,

~ Im2bz2p345

Quick Reply: GS got vandalized last night