GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

CPO 2013 GS 350 for <$28k - am I missing something?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-15, 07:21 PM
Warchant
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CPO 2013 GS 350 for <$28k - am I missing something?

Looking at prices nationwide and around my area the price just seems too good to be true, but I can't figure out what I could be missing. Car in question is a CPO 2013 GS 350 AWD with just a hair under 60,000 miles. No ML audio or blind spot monitors which reduces the price some, but still seems super low. I looked at and drove the car and couldn't find any real issues, plus it couldn't have anything too major and still be certified. Its been on their lot since late June at a single site family of dealers that sells over a thousand cars a month, so it may just be that they want it gone ASAP.

I have a deposit on the car and am going to pick it up this Saturday, but still have that feeling that I have to be missing something. Link to the car and service history is below (PDF and images), which I reviewed and didn't see anything at all concerning. Dealer also verified that the 60k mile service was completed as part of the certification process.

Link to car

Old 09-24-15, 08:18 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,152 Likes on 850 Posts

Its possible that the car has none of the expensive options ? Does it have navigation and/or premium package? If not, it certainly drops the price. I'd be really mindful because of the price since its a higher mileage car and there are 2011's with lower mileage that are CPO going for a similar price. Maybe even take my own mechanic with me to inspect it.

My friendly advice is to visually inspect the wear and tear items like brakes, rotors (shouldn't be badly rusted/pitted), tires (should be at least 40-50% tread left) and rims/wheels. Sometimes wheels may be out of round and you can't tell without putting the car on a lift and visually seeing if it has a hop while rotating. Check for any vibrations at highway speeds between 50 - 80mph.

If its been on the lot for a while it may just be one of those specials they are trying to get rid of. Best of luck!
Old 09-24-15, 09:33 PM
LexLuthors
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Warchant
Looking at prices nationwide and around my area the price just seems too good to be true, but I can't figure out what I could be missing. Car in question is a CPO 2013 GS 350 AWD with just a hair under 60,000 miles. No ML audio or blind spot monitors which reduces the price some, but still seems super low. I looked at and drove the car and couldn't find any real issues, plus it couldn't have anything too major and still be certified. Its been on their lot since late June at a single site family of dealers that sells over a thousand cars a month, so it may just be that they want it gone ASAP.

I have a deposit on the car and am going to pick it up this Saturday, but still have that feeling that I have to be missing something. Link to the car and service history is below (PDF and images), which I reviewed and didn't see anything at all concerning. Dealer also verified that the 60k mile service was completed as part of the certification process.

Link to car

That sounds about right to me. I just picked my 2013 CPO GS 350 AWD up last week for $30,900 and it had 42k on it with no ML or Blind Spot Monitor. It does have NAV and a few other options. If its a CPO it should have new brakes and tires on it like mine does. I also have a 3 year or 100,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty. I would check it out and drive it, then ask the questions you have for the sale person. Good Luck!
Old 09-24-15, 09:50 PM
Warchant
Rookie

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Its possible that the car has none of the expensive options ? Does it have navigation and/or premium package? If not, it certainly drops the price. I'd be really mindful because of the price since its a higher mileage car and there are 2011's with lower mileage that are CPO going for a similar price. Maybe even take my own mechanic with me to inspect it.

My friendly advice is to visually inspect the wear and tear items like brakes, rotors (shouldn't be badly rusted/pitted), tires (should be at least 40-50% tread left) and rims/wheels. Sometimes wheels may be out of round and you can't tell without putting the car on a lift and visually seeing if it has a hop while rotating. Check for any vibrations at highway speeds between 50 - 80mph.

If its been on the lot for a while it may just be one of those specials they are trying to get rid of. Best of luck!
It does have navigation, premium package, cold weather package, and the front and rear parking sensors. Even with the 60k miles its priced way, way, way lower than similar cars in the area and since its CPO I get 3 years/100,000 miles of Lexus CPO warranty coverage.

Really don't want to go back a generation or jump into a car that will already be 5 model years in the immediate future. Mileage isn't really the biggest concern for me with the warranty and the fact the my current '98 ES 300 is at 165k - I've owned it since 80k and aside from brakes and tires, have only replaced the starter, air filter, and 1 belt. I was really bad to it and never did scheduled maintenance or even the spark plugs and it still runs like a champ.

I'm pretty well convinced its a classic case of rot lot and they just want it gone but wanted to make sure there was nothing big that I had missed in my research.
Old 09-24-15, 09:56 PM
Warchant
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexLuthors
That sounds about right to me. I just picked my 2013 CPO GS 350 AWD up last week for $30,900 and it had 42k on it with no ML or Blind Spot Monitor. It does have NAV and a few other options. If its a CPO it should have new brakes and tires on it like mine does. I also have a 3 year or 100,000 mile Bumper to Bumper Warranty. I would check it out and drive it, then ask the questions you have for the sale person. Good Luck!
This one does have NAV and some other nice things that I care about far more than the blind spot monitors (heated and cooled seats among them). I did check it out in person and take it for a fairly brief test drive, maybe 15 minutes long, and couldn't find any issues. I also messed with radio and nav settings for another 5-10 and everything was in good working order and the car was in good shape all around.

Its actually a Deep Sea Mica like yours and I see you're a bit outside the area I've been searching in (200 miles from Philadelphia). The only prices that I have seen within $3-4k were at Tri-County Lexus in NJ, but I read so many awful things about them that I wasn't really interested in buying from them. Would you mind telling me where you bought yours at?
Old 09-24-15, 10:11 PM
evident
Racer

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

tbh if it all checks out i would go for it. i wouldn't worry about high miles in this car if it's in good shape.
Old 09-24-15, 11:02 PM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Sounds like a MAJOR STEAL to me.

What are you waiting for?
Old 09-24-15, 11:19 PM
Warchant
Rookie

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Sounds like a MAJOR STEAL to me.

What are you waiting for?
A day off/my meeting with the dealer on Saturday.

I put a deposit down on it a couple days after test driving it when in the area last week. Been out of town since Saturday and this Saturday is the soonest I had time. I'm quite excited.
Old 09-25-15, 08:35 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

It does have navigation, premium package, cold weather package, and the front and rear parking sensors. Even with the 60k miles its priced way, way, way lower than similar cars in the area and since its CPO I get 3 years/100,000 miles of Lexus CPO warranty coverage.

Really don't want to go back a generation or jump into a car that will already be 5 model years in the immediate future. Mileage isn't really the biggest concern for me with the warranty and the fact the my current '98 ES 300 is at 165k - I've owned it since 80k and aside from brakes and tires, have only replaced the starter, air filter, and 1 belt. I was really bad to it and never did scheduled maintenance or even the spark plugs and it still runs like a champ.

I'm pretty well convinced its a classic case of rot lot and they just want it gone but wanted to make sure there was nothing big that I had missed in my research.
I certainly understand where you're coming from - had an '01 GS430 with 125k miles and loved it but a bad heater core made me trade it in. I then bought a CPO '11 IS350 and recently traded the IS for a CPO '13 GS350. Although I was unhappy with the overall reconditioning of the CPO '13 GS done by the dealer, i ended up putting up another couple grand of my money to make it right for me (reconditioned bumpers, dealer installed remote start, OEM spoiler, OEM all season mats, new tires, straightened out of round OEM wheels).

Just also confirm with the dealer about any other fees on top of the price like a dealer processing fee, documentation fee, etc. that could push up the price (which is what Tri-County Lexus is infamous for doing).

If you have a good feeling, its the deal of the fall season for sure!
Old 09-25-15, 08:55 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow.. there's such a big difference in used price between the 2013 GS350 and the 2013 GS450h lol..
Old 09-25-15, 08:58 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

High mileage and non Luxury Pkg or F-Sport GS = good price.
Old 09-25-15, 11:01 AM
islandbeef
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

Hmmmm....dealer installed remote start.

How much did that cost you? Ballpark?
Old 09-25-15, 11:10 AM
Warchant
Rookie

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I certainly understand where you're coming from - had an '01 GS430 with 125k miles and loved it but a bad heater core made me trade it in. I then bought a CPO '11 IS350 and recently traded the IS for a CPO '13 GS350. Although I was unhappy with the overall reconditioning of the CPO '13 GS done by the dealer, i ended up putting up another couple grand of my money to make it right for me (reconditioned bumpers, dealer installed remote start, OEM spoiler, OEM all season mats, new tires, straightened out of round OEM wheels).

Just also confirm with the dealer about any other fees on top of the price like a dealer processing fee, documentation fee, etc. that could push up the price (which is what Tri-County Lexus is infamous for doing).

If you have a good feeling, its the deal of the fall season for sure!
I got an out the door price quote from this dealer with no surprises so all good there. I have a good feeling and was blown away by the car while driving it. The price is the best part, which combined with the 0% interest makes it an absolutely stellar deal.

The crazy hidden fees or "discounts" that no person on earth would qualify for is what steered me away from Tri-County despite their crazy low advertised prices - just didn't want to go down that road with them.
Old 09-25-15, 03:26 PM
LexLuthors
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This one does have NAV and some other nice things that I care about far more than the blind spot monitors (heated and cooled seats among them). I did check it out in person and take it for a fairly brief test drive, maybe 15 minutes long, and couldn't find any issues. I also messed with radio and nav settings for another 5-10 and everything was in good working order and the car was in good shape all around.

Its actually a Deep Sea Mica like yours and I see you're a bit outside the area I've been searching in (200 miles from Philadelphia). The only prices that I have seen within $3-4k were at Tri-County Lexus in NJ, but I read so many awful things about them that I wasn't really interested in buying from them. Would you mind telling me where you bought yours at?
Sounds like its the same car all together with the options you mentioned. I got mine from Lexus of Watertown in Massachusetts. They have the largest selection of pre-owed Lexus's in a 100 mile radius from me. They have a lot of great deals if you go onto there website and they even have special deals going on at the dealership that they don't advertise.
Old 09-25-15, 09:10 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by islandbeef
Hmmmm....dealer installed remote start.

How much did that cost you? Ballpark?
Too much man Its long range remote start & install was $700 The device itself is by a company called Advent (its their "Pursuit" line of remote start). I had it on my previous IS350 and it worked flawlessly - had to have it for those cold winters here in the northeast.

With the OP getting such a great price, I'd imagine getting a few nice upgrades could be in his budget!

Quick Reply: CPO 2013 GS 350 for <$28k - am I missing something?