GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

I've had my GS450h for a week.. so many stupid things have some up.. question?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-15 | 11:12 AM
1fuzzybk
Rookie

Wow, that sucks!! Sorry
Old 11-07-15 | 04:02 AM
allivant
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Sevn86
I've head/ read about Off Lease Only. They seem to have low prices on cars when comparing nationwide. I actually not surprised you didn't get a key and the car has minor damage. Some of the cars listed for sale seem like they were used rough. I personally would never buy a car sight unseen let alone a luxury car like a Lexus. Anyways I hope the dealership comes through for you. Also post pics when you get a chance.
I was shopping for a 450h and came across Off Lease Only. Needless to say I was scared off by reviews. One of the listings had no mention of an accident but when I asked a rep, she said that there was a "minor" accident that was disclosed at the time of the trade-in/sale.
Old 11-07-15 | 04:05 AM
allivant
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MEAHT
This reminds me, NEVER EVER EVER ORDER A CAR FROM ANOTHER STATE AND HAVE IT TRANSPORTED.

No shift ****, beach party time, dents on the car and no official lexus keys? How did you pay for such an expensive car and didnt go to an actual Lexus dealer?

hope you move past this (quickly) and get to just enjoy your whip.
Any pics?
lol, I just bought a 450h from a Lexus dealer in Fort Myers. I didn't go check it out in person but the salesman assured me it was in great condition (22k mi) and sent me pics. It was transported in an enclosed trailer. Turned out to be in perfect condition.
Old 11-07-15 | 08:50 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Originally Posted by allivant
lol, I just bought a 450h from a Lexus dealer in Fort Myers. I didn't go check it out in person but the salesman assured me it was in great condition (22k mi) and sent me pics. It was transported in an enclosed trailer. Turned out to be in perfect condition.
Congrats man! Post some pictures of your ride.

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 11-07-15 | 10:24 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by allivant
I was shopping for a 450h and came across Off Lease Only. Needless to say I was scared off by reviews. One of the listings had no mention of an accident but when I asked a rep, she said that there was a "minor" accident that was disclosed at the time of the trade-in/sale.

Yeah.. all of them have at least been in a "minor accident" if they list that it was in a previous accident on the ad page for the car.. then it was probably in something a lot bigger.. the "minor accidents" usually include rear and or front bumper reconditioning and painting :/.. something that I didn't find out until I bought my car..
Old 11-07-15 | 12:24 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

^^ What's in the glove box ??

Joe Z
Old 11-07-15 | 12:29 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Joe Z
^^ What's in the glove box ??

Joe Z

As I opened it.. there was a really bad smell.. like the smell of something rotting.. I looked in it and I found someone's decaying hand! There were maggots crawling all over it and a lot of the skin from the hand had been liquefied into some green goo like substance.. It took all the will power in me to not throw up all over the car. I took it to the dealership and they offered to give me a free car wash that I so graciously accepted. When I got the car back.. the hand was gone.. along with all the other goodies that it came with.

Just kidding. There was an empty zip lock bag that I guess was where the shift **** and the key fob were supposed to be in according to the sticker on the outside of it. There was also the Bible like manual and that's about it lol.
Old 04-29-16 | 12:54 PM
grayson73
Pole Position

So how is the car now? Would you still buy a car from off lease unseen? Was your car listed as previous accident even though the carfax didn't show the accident?
Old 04-29-16 | 02:39 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Originally Posted by grayson73
So how is the car now? Would you still buy a car from off lease unseen? Was your car listed as previous accident even though the carfax didn't show the accident?

It's alright. I'll still never buy another car from Off Lease Only again. It wasn't listed as previous accident at the dealership and it didn't show an accident on Carfax either.

I learned that if the accident is minor(as in having to recondition the front or rear bumper or both plus repaint) then they won't list it as it was in a previous accident. If it's listed on the website.. then it was probably in a pretty costly one. ALL the cars that they sell or probably 99% of them have been in at least a minor accident. The paint job that was given wasn't that great either.

Buying a car from Florida is iffy too because of rust.. there isn't a ridiculous amount of it under the car, but it caused a little alarm from the techs when I brought the car in for service a bit ago.