GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lexus Driver Got a ticket while driving my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-15, 08:19 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
This is why in Cali u see a lot of cars rolling with paper plates everywhere. Even some beat up cars from the 90's still roll with dealer plates. Come on!
And I am one of them.

One time a cop told me I should put my plates on because paper plates brings too much attention. Really? People buy new cars everyday.
Old 10-08-15, 08:29 AM
shurik74
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 47 Posts

This is why in Cali u see a lot of cars rolling with paper plates everywhere. Even some beat up cars from the 90's still roll with dealer plates. Come on!
Come on?! Tickets are too expensive in CA, plus too many cameras nowadays... I drove with paper plates for almost 2 years until I got pulled over for speeding and got "missing plates" as a bonus fixed ticket.

BTW... CA is trying to pass new law to get rid of paper plates with just dealership name and substitute them with expiration date printed like in other states.
Old 10-08-15, 08:33 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

For new cars I get it but for 10+ years old cars? ur just asking for trouble!
Old 10-08-15, 08:48 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

In CA I believe cam tickets are considered a moving violation, so u will get points if u don't go to traffic school.

It's actually better if they get a speeding ticket, cause it will be on their license instead of the car owner's.

I hear different things from different people regarding this. I think it depends on the county/city and etc. I know several people that got a cam ticket in the mail, but they just ignored it and eventually the company that's in charge of sending those out stopped sending them notices.

I read somewhere that it's technically not required for you to do anything about it because something about how the camera can't represent itself in court and etc etc?
Old 10-08-15, 09:39 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Received 1,168 Likes on 863 Posts

Originally Posted by Nelexus88
May have been waiting for payroll so the cost could be deducted from the drivers pay
I would hate for that to be the case but you might be right. The guy driving wasn't a "lexus driver" because they sent the custodial staff guy - i know b/c the many times i been to the dealership, I had a few pleasant exchanges with him as we're both from the West Indies.

They explained they were short "lexus drivers" that day and sent him instead. I guess as long as they have a license service can send anyone from the dealership to drop off/pickup...
Old 10-08-15, 09:47 AM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,050 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by Prinny
I hear different things from different people regarding this. I think it depends on the county/city and etc. I know several people that got a cam ticket in the mail, but they just ignored it and eventually the company that's in charge of sending those out stopped sending them notices.

I read somewhere that it's technically not required for you to do anything about it because something about how the camera can't represent itself in court and etc etc?
I heard the cams in LA area (county?) aren't allowed to issue tickets anymore. I don't know about the cams outside of LA though.
Old 10-08-15, 09:48 AM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I heard the cams in LA area (county?) aren't allowed to issue tickets anymore. I don't know about the cams outside of LA though.

After living in LA for the past few months.. I can see why they would do that lol.
Old 10-08-15, 09:50 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,274 Likes on 1,620 Posts

Originally Posted by AJLex19
I would hate for that to be the case but you might be right. The guy driving wasn't a "lexus driver" because they sent the custodial staff guy - i know b/c the many times i been to the dealership, I had a few pleasant exchanges with him as we're both from the West Indies.

They explained they were short "lexus drivers" that day and sent him instead. I guess as long as they have a license service can send anyone from the dealership to drop off/pickup...
What? The dealership used your personal vehicle to drop off/pickup customers for the dealership?
Old 10-08-15, 11:11 AM
1111GS

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

I think they took his car to his place to exchange the loaner he had. My dealership does this too but I never take it. Once involved in an accident it can get messy and serious.
Old 10-08-15, 11:56 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
What? The dealership used your personal vehicle to drop off/pickup customers for the dealership?
Originally Posted by 1111GS
I think they took his car to his place to exchange the loaner he had. My dealership does this too but I never take it. Once involved in an accident it can get messy and serious.
Ah, okay...
Old 10-08-15, 12:15 PM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Yeah - to clarify, they had someone drive a loaner to me, leave me with the loaner and then drive my car back to the dealership - on the way back to the dealership, the driver got a ticket from a speed cam that was sent to me.

Last edited by AJLex19; 10-08-15 at 12:22 PM.
Old 10-08-15, 12:55 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AJLex19
Yeah - to clarify, they had someone drive a loaner to me, leave me with the loaner and then drive my car back to the dealership - on the way back to the dealership, the driver got a ticket from a speed cam that was sent to me.
I understand now... You are very trusting!
Old 10-09-15, 06:43 AM
AJLex19
Lead Lap

Update: The dealership made good - I got a reimbursement check in the mail from the dealership yesterday for the amount of the ticket. However, this is most likely the last time I have someone from the dealership drive my car.
Old 10-09-15, 07:45 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 214 Likes on 146 Posts

Our local dealership has a program where you leave your car at the airport valet lot, and they'll come get it while you are gone and do service, etc, then bring it back before you get back.

I'll have to second guess that service now...
Old 10-09-15, 08:33 AM
MEAHT
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

NO ONE DRIVES MY CAR EXCEPT ME! (ok my wife on occassion)

NO ONE!

This reminds me...I once borrowed my father in laws new (used) Sonata to pick up go buy a part at the lexus dealer. On my way there, this white SUV was driving erratically and speeding, it swerved right in front of me causing me to slam the brakes. I sped up around him, stopped the car and went to open my door, can you believe this guy hit the back of the Sonata on purpose....not once, not twice, three times!

It was an older man, about his 60's with a huge set of ***** and oblivious to what kind of harm could come to him in the real world. I walked up to the car opened the door and pulled him out as hes screaming at me in spanish (im hispanic as well). I was in a super rush and didnt want to deal with cops so I didnt do anything to him but after going off on him I just got back into the car and left. The weird thing about it was that after those hits the sonata only had one small area the size of dime slightly protruding.

If it would have been my Lexus I would probably be in jail right now.

Quick Reply: Lexus Driver Got a ticket while driving my car