GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Aftermarket Wheels and Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-15, 03:55 PM
benztolex
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+ 1 the Hunter machine and road force is the way to go.
Old 08-11-16, 02:12 AM
Dannyboy81
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
From my experience, this car is really tough to align, u need to find a shop that has a good equipment and a guy that knows how to fix pulling cars. I had the same pulling problem and my steering wheel was crooked. I did 3 alignments, 2 at an independent shop and 1 at the dealer and they couldn't fix it 100%, the car was still pulling to the right. That's $200 down the drain for nothing but good thing the dealer one was free.

Then I found another local shop in Burbank through Yelp and he only charge $65 and this guy was able to fix the pulling problem and center my steering wheel!! Car is dead straight now at any speed and everything is within specs too. He must have a really good alignment machine and knows what he's doing. I had been counter steering for over a year and man it feels really good when u let go of the wheel and the car rolls straight.

37 PSI front and 38 PSI rear cold. They go up to 40/41 under normal rolling temp.
hi bud, may I ask what shop in Burbank that did it for you? I'm also in Burbank and just lowered and put 20"s, need an alignment. Thanks!
Old 08-11-16, 10:24 AM
mrkwinning
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sevn86
I'm gonna go back and see if they will atleast adjust the front left camber and bring it into the green and why caster was yellow on the left before and now it's red.
You're on 20" not lowered right? So are your wheels slightly butterflied (neg camber) in the rear after the new wheels? Did the alignment fix this? I recent got 20" without a drop and as soon as they dropped the car, I noticed the rear tire tilting a few degree inwards. Drives straight and all but will wear down the tires a lot faster.

Old 08-12-16, 11:11 AM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mrkwinning
You're on 20" not lowered right? So are your wheels slightly butterflied (neg camber) in the rear after the new wheels? Did the alignment fix this? I recent got 20" without a drop and as soon as they dropped the car, I noticed the rear tire tilting a few degree inwards. Drives straight and all but will wear down the tires a lot faster.
Yup on 20x9's not lowered. Mine butterfly out a bit in the rear.I opted for a squared set up so I can rotate my tires. Had my tires rotated last week and the Discount tire tech said they are wearing evenly but thats not the case. Now that the rears are on the front my car vibrates and drives pretty rough plus it makes a howling sound that wasn't there before. I took it back in and had them rebalance my tires and even then the issues are still there. I think I need to get a camber kit for the rear. I feel whats causing the rough ride and noise is the fact that the inner part of the tire is worn slightly more then the outer part. Now that those tires are on the front and straight the uneven wear is causing the problems im facing. I bought the lifetime alignment from Brake Check so im going to go and take it in to see if i need an alignment. They had suggested I buy a camber kit the first time I took it in but I didn't listen.
Old 08-12-16, 12:08 PM
mrkwinning
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Yup on 20x9's not lowered. Mine butterfly out a bit in the rear.I opted for a squared set up so I can rotate my tires. Had my tires rotated last week and the Discount tire tech said they are wearing evenly but thats not the case. Now that the rears are on the front my car vibrates and drives pretty rough plus it makes a howling sound that wasn't there before. I took it back in and had them rebalance my tires and even then the issues are still there. I think I need to get a camber kit for the rear. I feel whats causing the rough ride and noise is the fact that the inner part of the tire is worn slightly more then the outer part. Now that those tires are on the front and straight the uneven wear is causing the problems im facing. I bought the lifetime alignment from Brake Check so im going to go and take it in to see if i need an alignment. They had suggested I buy a camber kit the first time I took it in but I didn't listen.
I'm facing the same issue. My setup is 20x9 front and 20x10 rears. My rear is slightly butterfly prob 2-3 degrees. So i'm guessing our cars do this even without lowering. I want to lower but is afraid it will be even worse. The camber kit will only dial it as far as 3 degrees so after lowering, I'll still have a slight tilt.
Old 08-12-16, 12:58 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by mrkwinning
I'm facing the same issue. My setup is 20x9 front and 20x10 rears. My rear is slightly butterfly prob 2-3 degrees. So i'm guessing our cars do this even without lowering. I want to lower but is afraid it will be even worse. The camber kit will only dial it as far as 3 degrees so after lowering, I'll still have a slight tilt.
Yeah im not even going to mess with lowering it. When I have the whole family in the car (5 of us) it looks like im on lowering springs aways. I dont really like the wheel gap but im not going to mess with it if its just going to make my problems worse. Im acutally thinking about going down to 19 inch oem wheels and putting everything back to oem specs. The problem i see with the 19's is that they will be staggered so i wont be able to rotate them.