GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Auto Express Tests the Lexus GS F

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-15, 09:12 AM
s4play
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MattyG
Don't know how it will do in this league: From the side it looks like a 2000's Bimmer or Inifiniti. The back looks more Audi-like. There is a little too much copy-cat and not enough original in this car. The gaping grill is up to individual taste.

Yes BMW has lost some direction styling-wise and with steering feel in recent years, but the Bimmers are still very quick snappy handlers. There are also some things that buyers are going to look at for these kinds of dollars. Presence, personality, heritage. All of those things, but tasteful - not blacked out trim ala 80's, 90's retro.

Here you have the GS F wedged into an uncomfortable place between the top end of the market and the bottom end of this market. That means a car with a V8 in a mid-sized four door sedan... and huge side-scalloped front fenders and weird off-set stacks for tailpipes.

Honestly in the 50K to 105K market you've got a problem. There are the legions of Ford Mustangs, Chevy Camaros and Dodge What-Evers on the low end with instant recognition and cachet. Climb higher and you have the mighty Germans that will blow this thing into the weeds when it's not being challenged by the Detroit drivers.

What about the Corvette in the same price range? Would someone really need the extra doors and seats unless you're planning on doing your Vin Diesel Fast and Furious impersonation with the kiddies strapped in the back in their car seats?

It's an achievement on its own but time doesn't stand still for any manufacturer when you demand that kind of cash for a car.
Well said I don't need to type anything else here!

I especially liked your Vin Diesel analogy but without the bald head since I do have 2 kiddies strapped in the back of my car on most days My v8 s4 does everything the GS-F does at $$$$ cheaper.