bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Glad she is not claustrophobic!
Old 12-08-15, 08:25 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol the first pic looks a bit snug. I just sold my Pilot Touring for the GS, the Pilot had a ton more head room and room to the side, but the room between the front seat and her seat is about the same.
Old 12-08-15, 08:59 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

That's a lot of RED, too.

#BBN
Old 12-08-15, 09:50 AM
jayemko
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
I was able to switch it to the center position this past weekend held by the seatbelt. Works much better. Seems more secured and my girl doesn't look as bad as she did before. She looks more comfortable.
Interesting, thanks for sharing this, I will have to try the center location again. We're expecting any day now, so I've got the base installed. With the LATCH system, that sucker is going nowhere. BUT, I really would prefer the center location so I will try it again.

For anyone that has tried both locations, does the center location require more room the driver/passenger seats? I test fit the base in the center and thought there was no way it would fit, compared to the passenger side. I see the Chico mentioned a few times, it must be shorter front to back than the Nuna.

Considering I bought the GS because we planned to have a baby (replaced a coupe), wife gave me a little crap since the carseat doesn't just fit right in. I replied with "fine, I'll go swap it for a minivan"- that shut her up.
Old 12-08-15, 10:01 AM
jtrue28
Lead Lap

Received 210 Likes on 144 Posts

For now. You'll be amazed what you will "have" to do once you have a kid.

Non-fiction.
Old 12-08-15, 10:43 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jtrue28
That's a lot of RED, too.

#BBN
It is a lot of red and they don't match. I had black interior on my last few cars, but didn't want to go buy a new seat just yet.

How'd you like that football game? B-Ball should be interesting again this year!
Old 12-08-15, 10:45 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jayemko
Interesting, thanks for sharing this, I will have to try the center location again. We're expecting any day now, so I've got the base installed. With the LATCH system, that sucker is going nowhere. BUT, I really would prefer the center location so I will try it again.

For anyone that has tried both locations, does the center location require more room the driver/passenger seats? I test fit the base in the center and thought there was no way it would fit, compared to the passenger side. I see the Chico mentioned a few times, it must be shorter front to back than the Nuna.

Considering I bought the GS because we planned to have a baby (replaced a coupe), wife gave me a little crap since the carseat doesn't just fit right in. I replied with "fine, I'll go swap it for a minivan"- that shut her up.
I tried the center but the Chico hit both backs of the drivers and passenger seats in the rear facing position. I'm 5'11' and my wife's 5' 3", I don't see how a tall couple does it.
Old 12-08-15, 12:03 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jayemko

I tried the towel method on the passenger side and though the base was showing centered, she didn't look as comfortable. Once we switched to the center position, she looked fine and comfy. I feel the center has more support. The latches definitely won't fit so the center will be held with the seatbelt. Someone here mentioned chain has an alternative to reach both latches.

Then again it could be the seat. I recently went and got another infant car seat to replace the one I originally had. This one seems more roomy. I can try to see if she looks more comfortable on the passenger side now since I have an extra base that the car seat came with.

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
I tried the center but the Chico hit both backs of the drivers and passenger seats in the rear facing position. I'm 5'11' and my wife's 5' 3", I don't see how a tall couple does it.
Depends on probably the seat then. Same heights as my wife and I though she sits in the rear with the LO. I can drive comfortably though my seats are not in my usual position when the LO is in the car with us.
Old 12-08-15, 12:15 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,101 Likes on 1,496 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
Once we switched to the center position, she looked fine and comfy. I feel the center has more support. The latches definitely won't fit so the center will be held with the seatbelt. Someone here mentioned chain has an alternative to reach both latches.
All you need to do is go to a hardware store (e.g. Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) and buy two 1 3/8" long quick links (pictured below) and attach them to the car's two inboard LATCH hooks. (Make sure your baby seat's connectors will fit (latch over) the diameter of the quick links.) Your baby seat's LATCH connectors will now reach (the quick links) and be secure. By doing this you won't have to use the less secure seat belt method of securing the baby seat in the center position. The quick links are stronger than the car or baby seat's LATCH system hooks and connectors.

Last edited by bclexus; 12-08-15 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-08-15, 02:42 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
All you need to do is go to a hardware store (e.g. Home Depot, Lowes, etc.) and buy two 1 3/8" long quick links (pictured below) and attach them to the car's two inboard LATCH hooks. (Make sure your baby seat's connectors will fit (latch over) the diameter of the quick links.) Your baby seat's LATCH connectors will now reach (the quick links) and be secure. By doing this you won't have to use the less secure seat belt method of securing the baby seat in the center position. The quick links are stronger than the car or baby seat's LATCH system hooks and connectors.

Thank you. I am planning on picking it up.