GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Baby Car Seat on F-Sport Seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-15, 04:48 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baby Car Seat on F-Sport Seats

Recently we welcomed a newborn girl to our family. She's about 3 months old now and I've been having issues with the car seat base. I've been putting the car seat base on the passenger side and I feel that the base isn't secured enough since it moves more than 1 inch. I was thinking of moving it to the center position instead and seeing if this will help. Anyone have any pictures or tips?

I've also tried the towel for the base but not working much. The base shows it's centered but I feel when the seat is on, she's not comfortable.

FYI, it's a Britax B-Safe 35 Elite base and car seat.
Old 12-03-15, 05:14 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Congrats on the new addition!

You can modify the center position to accept a car seat.

Also, the Prince Lionheart 2-Stage Car Seat Saver is a nice seat protector to use underneath the car seat.

Last edited by bclexus; 12-03-15 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-04-15, 09:55 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you for the feedback! I'll see what I can do with the center. I think it may be a better alternative to having it in the center than on the left or right passenger side.
Old 12-04-15, 10:09 AM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,098 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
Thank you for the feedback! I'll see what I can do with the center. I think it may be a better alternative to having it in the center than on the left or right passenger side.
As you probably know, the center position is the safest...
Old 12-04-15, 11:28 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bclexus
As you probably know, the center position is the safest...
Yup. Thank you.
Old 12-04-15, 11:51 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

You may have already tried this, but have you put your knee on the base of the car seat and pulled? Once I put my weight on the seat and pulled the belt, the base was more than tight.

I currently use behind the passenger seat for my toddler. She has the Recaro Pro Ride. Tight as can be and I just use a black towel folded under it.
Old 12-04-15, 01:18 PM
kdphan
Driver

my uppababy baby seat fits nicely into the passenger rear seat.

no movement whatsoever.

I also did add a seat protector under the base.
Old 12-04-15, 03:21 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stylnhonda
You may have already tried this, but have you put your knee on the base of the car seat and pulled? Once I put my weight on the seat and pulled the belt, the base was more than tight.

I currently use behind the passenger seat for my toddler. She has the Recaro Pro Ride. Tight as can be and I just use a black towel folded under it.
I tried last weekend but haven't had time since to try again as I work late and it gets dark by the time I get off. I'll adjust it again this weekend. If it's not tight, I'll probably end up switching it to the center.

Thank you.
Old 12-04-15, 04:14 PM
plainview
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
Congrats on the new addition!

You can modify the center position to accept a car seat.

Also, the Prince Lionheart 2-Stage Car Seat Saver is a nice seat protector to use underneath the car seat.
Congrats OP on your little one! I've researched seat protectors like its my job and during that research have seen complaints of the prince lionhart fusing to the seat in hot temps and pulling the leather coating off as well as dye transfer to the seat. Apparently the dye transfer thing is so real the product comes with a disclaimer from the company. It was down to the prince lionhart and the brica seat guardian for me and I ended up choosing the brica. Even with the protectors they all dent the seats some. Rather have dents than dye and damage. Good luck.
Old 12-04-15, 10:49 PM
CBRA928
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

First off congrats!!
The baby seat should be In the center due to the curtain airbags. Also as stated above put your knee on the base and add a little weight and it will get tighter. A little wiggle room is expected.
Old 12-04-15, 10:54 PM
r4nd0
Rookie

I've not had any issues securing a Britax convertible for my son. I usually put it behind the driver side and use the latch connectors. Using a knee while pulling the straps, it doesn't budge, even with a towel underneath to protect the leather.
Old 12-06-15, 09:44 PM
fhan888
Driver

We just installed a set for our upcoming twins using Brica protectors. The Brica protectors have a pretty solid base so I hope it will help damaging the seats too badly. Using the existing latches the seats don't move
Attached Thumbnails Baby Car Seat on F-Sport Seats-image.jpeg  

Last edited by fhan888; 12-06-15 at 09:48 PM.
Old 12-07-15, 09:44 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

Thank you everyone for the feedback and congrats to the new dads! Such a wonderful experience to welcome a newborn.

I was able to switch it to the center position this past weekend held by the seatbelt. Works much better. Seems more secured and my girl doesn't look as bad as she did before. She looks more comfortable.
Old 12-07-15, 03:06 PM
GSHLNMTR
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to all the new dads!

We have a 2.5 year old who sits in a Chicco Nextfit. Currently it is forward facing and on the passenger side. I think it fits very securely. We don't have a seat protector. When you get to the point of needing something larger I highly recommend this one.

Our biggest issue now is our son is pretty tall, and is able to easily kick the back of the front passenger seat.
Old 12-08-15, 06:59 AM
Stylnhonda
Lexus Test Driver

Our daughter is really tall and almost three years old. She kicks the hell out of the rear seat. She's starting the listen a lot better and not do it as much, but if she throws a fit, the legs start flying. I have the seat on a towel and a rear seat protector on the back of the passenger seat. Not the best look, but keeps the rear of the seat clean and scuff free.

Name:  b4904b29-df15-43c0-a331-5882a5fa2b87_zps2avjp3y0.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  279.8 KB

Name:  8dc08856-29ba-407a-a0ab-d83c2399eb41_zpsmyzxturh.jpg
Views: 591
Size:  297.0 KB

Quick Reply: Baby Car Seat on F-Sport Seats