GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Mylparts give defective parts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-15, 05:27 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1,047 Likes on 662 Posts

Dust usually means squeal later on.

I wonder if the less dusty pads will slip if u push hard on the brakes, since it's less aggressive.
Old 12-14-15, 06:15 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,105 Likes on 1,500 Posts

My head hurts...
Old 12-14-15, 06:18 PM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
My head hurts...
Me too....
Old 12-14-15, 06:21 PM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by richard203
So there's two version of pads? I would rather have the dust one cuz the squeal is annoying. Any1 have the part number for the pads that have hella dust?
I have a set that I took off my 2015 f sport that can provide you with all the dust you can handle....

5k highway miles on them

Btw, it's the dust that causes the squeal....it gets filthy in there if you don't wash the wheels/calipers off weekly....
Old 12-14-15, 09:05 PM
Sevn86
Pole Position

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by ItzFilyO
Shouldn't they just be selling the new parts and get rid of the old ones if they have problems with them?

The consumers shouldn't be the one telling them to give us the new part. How are we suppose to know the part number for the new pads? Especially those that aren't on CL.

I'm not just talking about one dealer but all of them should update their inventory with the new pads and if I walk in there and buy a set and get the old one that's having problem then I'd be pissed too.
Exacty what I was thinking when I read the OP's post. I thought what he typed was clear enough to understand. I dont know what everyone else was reading.

Last edited by Sevn86; 12-14-15 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-14-15, 10:35 PM
richard203
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 106 Posts

my perious two set of brake pads have the endless brake dust and didn't squeal on me. My 3rd brake pads which I have on right now seems like its the less brake dust which squeal more, I don't know if its less brake dust or not since I don't drive the car much no more cause it make so much squeal people look at me with the WTF look, until I fix the squeal I wont be driving it that much.

For the Part # I have to go back to my shop to see whats the part #. MyLparts say its the pads that are on the TSB L-SB-0016-13.

I guess lesson learned have to wait for some more review trying new site out. First time buying it from the website since it cheaper than swell or with my discount at Toyota. Never cheap out on stuff!!
Old 12-14-15, 10:39 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Sevn86
Exacty what I was thinking when I read the OP's post. I thought what he typed was clear enough to understand. I dont know what everyone else was reading.
Well now it turns out that there are 2 versions of the pads. The high performance, dusty, noisy pad and the less dusty pad. Mine is dust galore!!!

So from my understanding, the cars come with the dusty pads and if u complain they will replace it with the less dusty and less aggressive one.

Can u still complain when u have close to 20K miles? Maybe I'll try when I do my 20K service but they'll probably shut me down on the spot.
Old 12-14-15, 10:41 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

my perious two set of brake pads have the endless brake dust and didn't squeal on me. My 3rd brake pads which I have on right now seems like its the less brake dust which squeal more, I don't know if its less brake dust or not since I don't drive the car much no more cause it make so much squeal people look at me with the WTF look, until I fix the squeal I wont be driving it that much.

For the Part # I have to go back to my shop to see whats the part #. MyLparts say its the pads that are on the TSB L-SB-0016-13.

I guess lesson learned have to wait for some more review trying new site out. First time buying it from the website since it cheaper than swell or with my discount at Toyota. Never cheap out on stuff!!
Do u have new rotors? I wonder if the rotors need to be turned or replaced. I know my rotors are picky and won't play well with pads other than my stock cause they're heavily coated with the stock pads material already.
Old 12-14-15, 10:43 PM
richard203
Racer

Well now it turns out that there are 2 versions of the pads. The high performance, dusty, noisy pad and the less dusty pad. Mine is dust galore!!!

So from my understanding, the cars come with the dusty pads and if u complain they will replace it with the less dusty and less aggressive one.

Can u still complain when u have close to 20K miles? Maybe I'll try when I do my 20K service but they'll probably shut me down on the spot.
I rather have the dusty one / no noise than the one with less dust and have noise. I don't think people want to drive in a $60k car that make a squeal noise when braking. Right now Im trying to fight for the brake dust one but they are not giving it to me.
Old 12-14-15, 10:49 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

I rather have the dusty one / no noise than the one with less dust and have noise. I don't think people want to drive in a $60k car that make a squeal noise when braking. Right now Im trying to fight for the brake dust one but they are not giving it to me.
Oh mine was squealing too at one time, then I took them off and washed with Palmolive soap and it hasn't squealed ever since and I didn't lose any braking power. It did create a big mess in the sink though, it turned my sink black when rinsing it. This was like 4K miles ago and it hasn't squealed yet. I sprayed a lot of brake cleaners on the rotors and calipers too.
Old 12-14-15, 10:53 PM
richard203
Racer

Oh mine was squealing too at one time, then I took them off and washed with Palmolive soap and it hasn't squealed ever since and I didn't lose any braking power. It did create a big mess in the sink though, it turned my sink black when rinsing it. This was like 4K miles ago and it hasn't squealed yet.
are one with a lot of brake dust or the non brake dust one? I will try it mybe this week to clean it out and etc. I cleaned the rotor/caliper clips and etc like always when installing new pads and rotor only this time it giving me squeal noise and driving me nuts!!
Old 12-14-15, 10:54 PM
ItzFilyO
Lexus Test Driver

are one with a lot of brake dust or the non brake dust one? I will try it mybe this week to clean it out and etc. I cleaned the rotor/caliper clips and etc like always when installing new pads and rotor only this time it giving me squeal noise and driving me nuts!!
I'm still on the stock pads from the factory, so they're the dusty ones. Maybe u need to turn ur rotors.
Old 12-14-15, 11:14 PM
richard203
Racer

I'm still on the stock pads from the factory, so they're the dusty ones. Maybe u need to turn ur rotors.
My rotor is brand new brought them with the pads. Oh I love the dusty one, My two set are dusty and they don't make any noise just need to clean my rims once a while, which I don't mind. I will sacrifice washing my rims once a while for no noise!! Every time I have passenger in my car they will be like wats that noise?? im like ya its my pads.
Old 12-14-15, 11:56 PM
rijc99
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Just tell them they're Brembo type sport calipers and the noise is indicative that if you need to stop in a hurry they'll do their job.

And drive the car. It's just a little noise. Less people hear it than you think.
Old 12-15-15, 12:24 AM
richard203
Racer

Originally Posted by rijc99
Just tell them they're Brembo type sport calipers and the noise is indicative that if you need to stop in a hurry they'll do their job.

And drive the car. It's just a little noise. Less people hear it than you think.
More like most of the time when braking since I drive in the city most of the time.

Quick Reply: Mylparts give defective parts