GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Lease on a 2015 GS350 Base with Navi

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-15 | 08:08 PM
depechek
Driver

Exclamation Lease on a 2015 GS350 Base with Navi

Help from the lease veterans on this forum to point me in the right direction please-my first lease.
Salesperson is focusing on 500/month with zero out of pocket on a 10K/36months lease. I know he is making me focus on the monthly payments and leaving out the important numbers on purpose but I want to counter him on the numbers that make it a good deal.

MSRP: 52,795
Sales Price: 43,795
Residual: 64%
MF: N/A
Texas Taxes: 6.75%
Fees: N/A

Let me know what to counter with to make a good deal. Thanks!!
Old 12-23-15 | 09:11 PM
jcochong37
Rookie

Originally Posted by depechek
Help from the lease veterans on this forum to point me in the right direction please-my first lease.
Salesperson is focusing on 500/month with zero out of pocket on a 10K/36months lease. I know he is making me focus on the monthly payments and leaving out the important numbers on purpose but I want to counter him on the numbers that make it a good deal.

MSRP: 52,795
Sales Price: 43,795
Residual: 64%
MF: N/A
Texas Taxes: 6.75%
Fees: N/A

Let me know what to counter with to make a good deal. Thanks!!
Honestly think you can do way better friend. Was at Lexus this last weekend and they are basically giving the 2015s away
Old 12-23-15 | 09:17 PM
egmmbah
Driver School Candidate

just got a 2015 f sport fully loaded for zero out of pocket $475/month with 2 years of included maintaince, and wheel and tire care package 36 month lease.
Old 12-23-15 | 09:55 PM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by jcochong37
Honestly think you can do way better friend. Was at Lexus this last weekend and they are basically giving the 2015s away
Yeah I figured it was a luke warm deal. Any idea where the numbers should be for a good deal? I can just shoot him back what I want to pay. Sucks he giving me this crap deal since I bought 4 lexus in the pass 2 years from him (good deals comparable to what others were getting on here). I want to try and lease this time around.

Last edited by depechek; 12-24-15 at 10:48 AM.
Old 12-23-15 | 09:57 PM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by egmmbah
just got a 2015 f sport fully loaded for zero out of pocket $475/month with 2 years of included maintaince, and wheel and tire care package 36 month lease.

That is an awesome deal. Do you mind sharing the other numbers to your deal
1. Sales price
2. Purchase price
3. Residual
4. Money factor
5. Costs added to the lease (taxes, acquisition fee, dealer fees, tags, etc)
Old 12-23-15 | 11:00 PM
cezar9
Driver

Yeah I figured it was a luke warm deal. Any idea where the numbers should be for a good deal? I can just shoot him back what I want to pay. Sucks he giving me this crap deal since I bought 4 lexus in the pass 2 years at good deals comparable to what others were getting on here. I want to try and lease this time around.
Is your number before or after tax? Last week, I was offered 2K down and 370 per month(before tax) for the same MSRP GS350 AWD and ended up paying even less. However, this is a very aggressive offer for my area and none of the other 4 dealers within 150 miles could get anywhere close to these numbers and told me I should jump on it. Remember that the national lease special is 2K down and 409 per month for 52K MSRP so this should be your ceiling and you should be able to negotiate it down. I went to the most overpriced dealer in my area who bundles extra 2K of crap such as LoJack, and tint and was still able to effortlessly negotiate a 2K down 399 per month lease and could probably get him lower a bit more. It all depends on how many 2015 models your dealer has left in inventory and how desperate he is to get rid of them. Also, I got a slightly lower payment on a 33 month lease because it has a higher residual.
Old 12-24-15 | 08:03 AM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by cezar9
Is your number before or after tax? Last week, I was offered 2K down and 370 per month(before tax) for the same MSRP GS350 AWD and ended up paying even less. However, this is a very aggressive offer for my area and none of the other 4 dealers within 150 miles could get anywhere close to these numbers and told me I should jump on it. Remember that the national lease special is 2K down and 409 per month for 52K MSRP so this should be your ceiling and you should be able to negotiate it down. I went to the most overpriced dealer in my area who bundles extra 2K of crap such as LoJack, and tint and was still able to effortlessly negotiate a 2K down 399 per month lease and could probably get him lower a bit more. It all depends on how many 2015 models your dealer has left in inventory and how desperate he is to get rid of them. Also, I got a slightly lower payment on a 33 month lease because it has a higher residual.
My numbers are after tax but I believe my salesperson mention the numbers are with tax credit, I could be wrong. How does one qualify for tax credit (zero taxes?) status? Does anyone know exactly what is tax credit in regards to leases? He said if I finance the car the tax credit is not available. I am glad you mentioned 33 month lease- I rather do this than a 36month lease if it is cheaper. I know there is still a debate on this forum if a 33month lease offers better value than a 36month.
Old 12-24-15 | 08:07 AM
depechek
Driver

I believe my salesperson is also not willing to budge as much since they are down to their last 3 2015 GS on the lot. Time to call another dealership.
Old 12-24-15 | 08:50 AM
DVADER
Driver

YOU CAN DO BETTER! Here are the numbers I worked on a 2015 AWD GS350 F Sport. Keep in mind I'm in NY.

Ultra White/ Cabernet

MSRP 58,500

Agreed Value & Gross cap cost: $52,590.44 & $55,263.07 (taxes 1,972.63/ Acq fee 700)

Cap cost reduct: $4,500.00 (Lexus December rebate special)

Adjust cap cost;: $50,763.07

Residual: $33,932.90

Depreciation amount: $16,830.17

Rent charge: $1,494.00

Out of Pocket / money down: $160 towards dmv fees.( Basically gave them $160 and I drove off)

Total of base monthy payments: $18,324.17

36 months / 10k mile per year with monthly payments of $509 with NY sales tax of 8.625% built in already.

5k and 10k maintaince services free
Old 12-24-15 | 09:33 AM
cezar9
Driver

My numbers are after tax but I believe my salesperson mention the numbers are with tax credit, I could be wrong. How does one qualify for tax credit (zero taxes?) status? Does anyone know exactly what is tax credit in regards to leases? He said if I finance the car the tax credit is not available. I am glad you mentioned 33 month lease- I rather do this than a 36month lease if it is cheaper. I know there is still a debate on this forum if a 33month lease offers better value than a 36month.
Are you looking at a hybrid GS350? I believe there are some credits for electric vehicles but if you are looking at a regular model you should ask the dealer to elaborate on the tax credit to make sure it is applicable to your tax position. I am not aware of any federal credits on new gas vehicles but there may be some state credits that are specific to your state. I was told that I could extend my lease without a problem so I picked a 33 month lease because the payment was slightly lower.
Old 12-24-15 | 09:42 AM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by DVADER
YOU CAN DO BETTER! Here are the numbers I worked on a 2015 AWD GS350 F Sport. Keep in mind I'm in NY.

Ultra White/ Cabernet

MSRP 58,500

Agreed Value & Gross cap cost: $52,590.44 & $55,263.07 (taxes 1,972.63/ Acq fee 700)

Cap cost reduct: $4,500.00 (Lexus December rebate special)

Adjust cap cost;: $50,763.07

Residual: $33,932.90

Depreciation amount: $16,830.17

Rent charge: $1,494.00

Out of Pocket / money down: $160 towards dmv fees.( Basically gave them $160 and I drove off)

Total of base monthy payments: $18,324.17

36 months / 10k mile per year with monthly payments of $509 with NY sales tax of 8.625% built in already.

5k and 10k maintaince services free
Yeah I have been using your deal as a measuring stick for getting my numbers. Do you know what your MF is? I'm trying to find the best way to start the conversation/negotiation with the dealer. How do you guys do it, what do you mention first to get the salesperson in the right mindset to not just throw out 500 a month and zero due at signing and then leaving out the rest of the important stuff?

Last edited by depechek; 12-24-15 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-24-15 | 09:46 AM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by cezar9
Are you looking at a hybrid GS350? I believe there are some credits for electric vehicles but if you are looking at a regular model you should ask the dealer to elaborate on the tax credit to make sure it is applicable to your tax position. I am not aware of any federal credits on new gas vehicles but there may be some state credits that are specific to your state. I was told that I could extend my lease without a problem so I picked a 33 month lease because the payment was slightly lower.
No, it's a non hybrid-a base model with navi. Honestly, I am just looking for a good deal, not so much the trim. So I can go base, F-sport (most popular lease numbers posted on this site), or Luxury. Hell, I was even looking for a 2016 ES350.
Old 12-24-15 | 09:50 AM
DVADER
Driver

Yeah I have been using your deal as a measuring stick for getting my numbers. Do you know what your MF is? I trying to find the best way to start the conversation/negotiation with the dealer. How do you guys do it, what do you mention first to get the salesperson in the right mindset to not just throw out 500 a month and zero due at signing and then leaving out the rest of the important stuff.
I always call the next dealer and and say hey the other dealership gave me a price xxx lower than your quote, so will u beat it to earn my business?? I believe my money factor is .000489 or 1.76% but I don't know if that's consider great or just okay. I test drove the car at one dealership with the options I wanted and then called 9 other lexus dealerships and let them know upfront that I'm a buyer and pinning them all against each other for the best deal. I only visited a second dealer to pick up the car after they quoted me an offer I couldn't get beat elsewhere. I was very blunt and let them know I only cared about the money.

P.S. when u call around make sure they quote u the same msrp car and give last few digits of the vin# so you know they really have it on the lot and not just trying to get u to come and play games. You do not need to step foot into a dealership to agree on a deal they can email you a buyorder to sign then u can leave a small deposit too hold the car. ( I left $150 to hold the car and that to was done over the phone).

P.S.S. know ur credit score and what u qualify for prior to shopping around.

Last edited by DVADER; 12-24-15 at 01:35 PM. Reason: MF correction
Old 12-24-15 | 10:30 AM
depechek
Driver

Originally Posted by DVADER
I always call the next dealer and and say hey the other dealership gave me a price xxx lower than your quote, so will u beat it to earn my business?? I believe my money factor is .000489 or 1.17% but I don't know if that's consider great or just okay. I test drove the car at one dealership with the options I wanted and then called 9 other lexus dealerships and let them know upfront that I'm a buyer and pinning them all against each other for the best deal. I only visited a second dealer to pick up the car after they quoted me an offer I couldn't get beat elsewhere. I was very blunt and let them know I only cared about the money.

P.S. when u call around make sure they quote u the same msrp car and give last few digits of the vin# so you know they really have it on the lot and not just trying to get u to come and play games. You do not need to step foot into a dealership to agree on a deal they can email you a buyorder to sign then u can leave a small deposit too hold the car. ( I left $150 to hold the car and that to was done over the phone).

P.S.S. know ur credit score and what u qualify for prior to shopping around.
Your MF is really good. I believe for tier one they are offering 0.00075 which is 1.8% APR. I am out of town for the Holidays so I will have to do everything over the phone and have them overnight paperwork-done this before for an out of state new car purchase.
Old 12-24-15 | 11:51 AM
depechek
Driver

Is Yunito12 numbers good to you guys? Quoting him from another thread:

"i got mine in june 4th

MSRP $57,134
2015 GS 350 F SPORT PACKAGE RWD
Blind Spot Monitor w/Pwr-Folding $700.00
Intuitive Park Assist $500.00
One-Touch Power Trunk $400.00
Illuminated Door Sills $425.00
Paint Protection Film $429.00
Trunk Mat, Cargo Net,
Whl Locks Rear Bumper App $330.00

0 down
0 due at signing
12k miles
27 months
residual $38,279.78
payment $499.31 monthly for 26 months because the first payment is included in the 0 due at signing

I live in texas"

Quick Reply: Lease on a 2015 GS350 Base with Navi