GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Dallas area Lexus dealers

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-16, 07:42 PM
dseag2
Lead Lap

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bclexus
The bottom line is - you didn't get your dirty car washed - did you?
I think that's what I said in my original post. Unfortunate that fellow Dallas owners feel the need to be so confrontational and sarcastic. Let's not meet up to compare our cars.
Old 01-07-16, 07:50 PM
bclexus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,563 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
I think that's what I said in my original post. Unfortunate that fellow Dallas owners feel the need to be so confrontational and sarcastic. Let's not meet up to compare our cars.
Sounds like you are thinking 'bout getting another Lexus...
Old 01-07-16, 08:28 PM
Afrosheen
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Bought mine at PP Plano, have had service done there and at Sewell. I prefer Sewell's loaner fleet (which put me in a nice RC F Sport with 500 miles on it during an oil change) but I feel like PP was more interested in making my service right. Then again, I had to twist an arm at PP for my stained coating on my graphite wheels once, with phone calls going back and forth for a couple of days. I'd say overall I'd go with Sewell, but man is that location ever super busy.
Old 01-07-16, 09:50 PM
SKA430
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dbaliko
I bought my '15 GS in Oklahoma because I couldn't get a good deal in Dallas. Which Dallas dealer is better for general service and maintenance? Sewell or Park Place? I have used both Sewell and Park Place with other of their brands but not their Lexus dealerships. The closest dealership to my house is Park Place in Grapevine, but Sewell in Dallas is close to my office.

Doug
Wow...that turned pretty interesting. I think it is safe to say that either one will be just fine. A lot depends on which specific service advisor you have, and what their team of techs is like. I service at Sewell just because it is close to work and home. I've had overall great experiences with one or two minor issues but they were quickly resolved. I have heard good things about PPL also though.
Old 01-08-16, 09:57 AM
Dbaliko
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to everyone for their replies. The thread went to places I didn't really expect. But it was interesting. It's a lot like starting a "what oil should I use thread" on the BMW motorcycle forums. ��

Doug
Old 01-08-16, 10:37 AM
vinnier6
Lead Lap

I also live close to park place Plano and purchased my car through them....great dealership, but opinions will vary
Old 02-27-16, 05:49 AM
Dbaliko
Rookie

Because it's the closest to my house and on my way home I decided to use Park Place in Grapevine for the first 5000 mile service. And even though I didn't buy my car there they treated me as if I had. My only out of pocket was the synthetic oil change that I added to the service order. They gave me a brand new ES as a loaner, and told me that I was free to use their free car wash service any time I needed it. No complaints.

Doug
Old 02-27-16, 06:42 AM
rjm
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My only experience with Park Place was when I had an '06 SC430 purchased at Sewell. I took it to Park Place to have a dent removed because I happened to be in Plano for a couple of days. They removed the dent but returned the car dirty. When I asked them why they didn't wash it their response was "because it wasn't purchased here". I have never even shopped them since. Others on the forum seem to have had good experience with Park Place, but based on mine I would never go back there.
I had a similar experience with Park Place in Grapevine. I bought my car from Sewell Lexus of Dallas. I went to Park Place Grapevine for a warranty issue shortly after buying it because they were closer and they refused to honor it. The reason given was, "You didn't buy your car here." I drove over to Sewell Lexus of Dallas and had the issue taken car of within an hour. Even though I live very close to Grapevine Park Place, all of my business goes to Sewell Lexus in Dallas.
Old 02-27-16, 08:39 AM
Gavinvr4
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased from both park place and sewell,
Sewell by far has the best service and that is why
their sales are double compare to park place.
Old 02-27-16, 10:40 AM
Dbaliko
Rookie

Originally Posted by Gavinvr4
I purchased from both park place and sewell,
Sewell by far has the best service and that is why
their sales are double compare to park place.
I have also purchased and used both Park Place and Sewell dealerships. I have been disappointed by Sewell service several times using their Buick and Cadillac dealerships, but still use Sewell Buick. And I have used Park Place Mercedes service in the past and had satisfactory service. Both are considered premium dealership groups in this area. To each their own, but in this case I don't think that size matters. As a matter of fact too big can be a detriment, as I find some Sewell dealerships to be like impersonal car factories.

Doug
Old 02-29-16, 11:16 AM
zerocypher
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We bought my wife's NX at Sewell Ft Worth and I just bought my GS at PP Grapevine. I feel like the level of sales/service and overall courtesy at Sewell Ft Worth is superior to all of the other Lexus dealers in the DFW area. So far, I'm ok with the sales treatment at PP but will chime in once my car needs servicing.